Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 173
  1. #91
    Fabulous GreenComixEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    They aren't equals in UA. They are inferior.
    They lost their independence to act how they see fit and are now under the orders of people who never cared about mutant problems before.
    More, this book doesn't have X-Men working with the Avengers. There are no X-Men in this book. The whole point of UA is that the X-Men are a failure and only Captain America has the solution for mutant segregation. Aparently, it's tedious speeches and throwing is frisbee at it.
    Right of course it is. How's it like in that little world of yours?

  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Which characters wouldn't accept being in it?

    Havok has worked with the government before. Wolverine has been in the Avengers for years. Rogue was the first X-Men to try and rescue the Avengers in AvX, and extend an olive branch between the teams.

    But more to the point, we haven't even seen the team actually assembled yet. We don't know the circumstances and motivations behind them joining.
    Havok had a pretty bad experience working for the government and they are currently holding his brother captive. Wolverine should have never been an avenger and he has a school to run. Rogue is an X-Men. She's would never be in this bs team. More, she's been leading teams, now. There is no way she would follow Havok (has Captain America's puppet) and accept being in a team where the avengers side is giving her grief over her Brotherhood membership, while they're babying Scarlett Witch and Wonderman!
    As for the Avengers side, they wouldn't be in this team because they don't give a rat's ass about mutants.

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    Right of course it is. How's it like in that little world of yours?
    Once awfull Avengers books stop ruining good characters and books, it will be wonderfull.

  4. #94
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    They aren't equals in UA. They are inferior.
    They lost their independence to act how they see fit and are now under the orders of people who never cared about mutant problems before.
    More, this book doesn't have X-Men working with the Avengers. There are no X-Men in this book. The whole point of UA is that the X-Men are a failure and only Captain America has the solution for mutant segregation. Aparently, it's tedious speeches and throwing is frisbee at it.
    Considering an actual X-Men is actually the leader of the team, I'm not certain independence is a problem.

    And we don't know they lost their ability to act as they see fit... the team hasn't actually even been formed yet. It's entirely possible (if not probable) that they're going to deal with missions as they see fit. Like pretty much all the Avenger teams do.

    And clearly there are some X-men in the book. Hell, Wolverine is the freaking headmaster of the school.

    And just because Captain America is choosing to help doesn't mean anyone is saying the X-Men are a failure. Nor does it mean only Captain America is the sollution. None of that is stated in the book. All it means is Captain America is choosing to try and help. If you want to make up additional stuff not stated in the book to suit some sort of anti-X-Men agenda you may have, that's your perogative... but let's not pretend the books actually state any of that.

  5. #95
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    They aren't equals in UA. They are inferior.
    They lost their independence to act how they see fit and are now under the orders of people who never cared about mutant problems before.
    More, this book doesn't have X-Men working with the Avengers. There are no X-Men in this book. The whole point of UA is that the X-Men are a failure and only Captain America has the solution for mutant segregation. Aparently, it's tedious speeches and throwing is frisbee at it.
    Since when have mutants ever had the independence to act as they saw fit? Mutants have never been more than a relatively insignificant slice of the population, and they've usually been under the jurisdiction of some external authority. Even on its best day, Utopia was nothing more than a petty tinpot dictatorship that only escaped takeover by the government because it wasn't really considered important enough to be worth holding. Not to mention that any attempt at establishing an autonomous mutant nation would inevitably end in disaster, they have absolutely no concept of a stable civil society, no laws, institutions, economic base, or even any sort of national ethos that binds them together, since as fifty years of X-Men comics have shown, mutants have spent far more time fighting each other than anything else.

    The only thing that changed with UA is that mutants are now being given representation in a relatively high level government agency which they did not have before. Sure it's not an equal partnership, but given that they are a miniscule fraction of the population, it's probably much better than what they deserve anyway. The choice is fairly clear - mutants can either accept their role as a junior partner in this grand experiment, or they can continue to follow their misguided leadership to certain doom.

  6. #96
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Havok had a pretty bad experience working for the government and they are currently holding his brother captive. Wolverine should have never been an avenger and he has a school to run. Rogue is an X-Men. She's would never be in this bs team. More, she's been leading teams, now. There is no way she would follow Havok (has Captain America's puppet) and accept being in a team where the avengers side is giving her grief over her Brotherhood membership, while they're babying Scarlett Witch and Wonderman!
    As for the Avengers side, they wouldn't be in this team because they don't give a rat's ass about mutants.
    Here's the thing... you don't get to decide whether or not Wolverine would be an Avenger or Rogue would never join. Marvel decides that. And they joined. That's a simple matter of fact. If can argue all you want that they wouldn't but you'd be wrong. It's not a matter of opinon... it's simply a matter of fact.

    If one day you decide to buy marvel comics you're of course free to retcon all of it. But right now, marvel gets to make that call. Not you. Sorry, but that's just how it works.

  7. #97
    Fabulous GreenComixEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Once awfull Avengers books stop ruining good characters and books, it will be wonderfull.
    hahaha you're funny. Do the lies you tell yourself make you feel better?

  8. #98
    Senior Member RoguefanAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Since when have mutants ever had the independence to act as they saw fit? Mutants have never been more than a relatively insignificant slice of the population, and they've usually been under the jurisdiction of some external authority. Even on its best day, Utopia was nothing more than a petty tinpot dictatorship that only escaped takeover by the government because it wasn't really considered important enough to be worth holding. Not to mention that any attempt at establishing an autonomous mutant nation would inevitably end in disaster, they have absolutely no concept of a stable civil society, no laws, institutions, economic base, or even any sort of national ethos that binds them together, since as fifty years of X-Men comics have shown, mutants have spent far more time fighting each other than anything else.

    The only thing that changed with UA is that mutants are now being given representation in a relatively high level government agency which they did not have before. Sure it's not an equal partnership, but given that they are a miniscule fraction of the population, it's probably much better than what they deserve anyway. The choice is fairly clear - mutants can either accept their role as a junior partner in this grand experiment, or they can continue to follow their misguided leadership to certain doom.
    Oh that's a nice attitude to have. Assimilate or be destroyed. Not.

    In an endless narrative there's never going to be a real solution. UA isn't going to offer the mutants anything more than the X-men did because it can't. The X-men narrative depends on the drama of discrimination.

    And did you forgot that mutants are popping up again. They're not going to stay a miniscule fraction of society as the population increases.
    Though I'm sure the Marvel office aren't going to let them reach Morrison numbers anytime soon.
    Last edited by RoguefanAM; 12-30-2012 at 06:38 PM.

  9. #99
    Confused by custom titles
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    If only Acuna was on the book from the start, we'd have read issue #4 already. By the time #3 comes out I'll have forgotten it exists. I do still enjoy the title's premise. Should be fun.
    Uncanny Avengers... where the Flagship becomes the Trailing Ship.

    I agree: they should've put Acuna on this book from the start. Cassaday is a wonderful artist but he's just not suited to a regular monthly title anymore; he's like Travis Charest that way.

  10. #100
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Planet Rock
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Havok had a pretty bad experience working for the government and they are currently holding his brother captive. Wolverine should have never been an avenger and he has a school to run. Rogue is an X-Men. She's would never be in this bs team. More, she's been leading teams, now. There is no way she would follow Havok (has Captain America's puppet) and accept being in a team where the avengers side is giving her grief over her Brotherhood membership, while they're babying Scarlett Witch and Wonderman!
    As for the Avengers side, they wouldn't be in this team because they don't give a rat's ass about mutants.
    Did anyone ever inform Beast, Wanda and Quicksilver of this?

  11. #101
    BANNED carloshll726's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    793

    Default The Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider And Magneto Clone Joseph In Uncanny Avengers

    This series is really good! I just love the Red Skull now that he's got his original body back, and, now that he's got those awesome new powers! Wish I could someday see Scarlet Spider Ben Reilly and Magneto's clone, Joseph, get recruited! I really don't know much about Joseph, anybody know if he's dead or alive? Fill me in!

  12. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    I am actually enjoying this arc, and I like the artwork fine. (Though I really don't think Scarlet Witch needed a redesigned costume. Thought her old one was perfect.) But my interest in the story is making the delays that bit more agonizing!
    Perfect? She had a cape and she doesn't fly, glide, float, walk on air. Wtf does she need a cape? The redesign looks awful too. The head dress...wth is that supposed to be for again?

  13. #103
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    Perfect? She had a cape and she doesn't fly, glide, float, walk on air. Wtf does she need a cape? The redesign looks awful too. The head dress...wth is that supposed to be for again?
    Mysterio doesn't fly and he rocks the cape.

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Did anyone ever inform Beast, Wanda and Quicksilver of this?
    Beast was too busy exploring his feminine side with Wonder Man, while Wanda was too busy giving googly eyes to a robot, while Quicksilver was busy wacking off at the image of himself in a mirror. They were preoccupied to realize they were joining a hate group. =)

  15. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Considering an actual X-Men is actually the leader of the team, I'm not certain independence is a problem.
    Captain America is the leader of the team.

    And we don't know they lost their ability to act as they see fit... the team hasn't actually even been formed yet. It's entirely possible (if not probable) that they're going to deal with missions as they see fit. Like pretty much all the Avenger teams do.

    And clearly there are some X-men in the book. Hell, Wolverine is the freaking headmaster of the school.
    Yeah, he's a great example of an x-man, these days.

    And just because Captain America is choosing to help doesn't mean anyone is saying the X-Men are a failure. Nor does it mean only Captain America is the sollution. None of that is stated in the book. All it means is Captain America is choosing to try and help. If you want to make up additional stuff not stated in the book to suit some sort of anti-X-Men agenda you may have, that's your perogative... but let's not pretend the books actually state any of that.
    The book has Wolverine stating very clearly that the X-Men are a failure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •