Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah but PoI doesn't have Batman's cinematography.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I cannot believe we are in complete agreement.

For all the flak Bale gets for the voice, it was perfect here.

That's twice in this thread! Now, I get the flak for Bale's voice, but I can't imagine a "real world" Batman sounding any different.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah but PoI doesn't have Batman's cinematography.
    PoI looks great.

All I'm saying is, I like the Nolan take on Batman better when his name is Reese.

For that matter, I like the Nolan take on Bond better when his name is Reese.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I find Person of Interest to be a much better take on the themes Nolan examines in his Batman trilogy.

I mean, if you're going to try and strip Batman down as 'realistically' as possible, then he might as well be an ex-CIA agent in a nice suit using surveillance tech to do good deeds, with a rich genius as benefactor.

Best show on television now!
    I do think it is an interesting comparison. POI owes a lot to the super hero genre, but the biggest difference is there is minimum development of an alter ego. Harold and John can't have alter ego lives, so they aren't trying. They also have an interesting Rouge Gallery of characters that are kind of like them. Like the Nolan Bat-verse, the big bads are shadowy organizations with whom the protagonists studied. But the question of symbolic value and power of theatricality that were so important to the Batman films has little to no impact on POI which is more about interpreting information.

Also Root is a cross between Catwoman and Wintermute. I will keep saying this until someone acknowledges it.

This could actually be an interesting jumping off point to how different media create different kinds of superheroes.
    Last edited by LostinFandom; 12-31-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Geez, that's some horrible fighting. Flass saying "I swear to God.", with Batman saying "Swear to me." > "I'm Batman".

Sorry about the subtitles.
    It's not the fighting that makes it great but the texture of the world, that city scape is just awesome to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    PoI looks great.
    For a TV show of course it looks great. But the Hong Kong scene in TDK speaks enough to the difference of what you can do there.

For that matter, I like the Nolan take on Bond better when his name is Reese.
    Why, Nolan has never had a take on Bond. And probably never will because apparently he's too expensive now.

Which is a shame, I think that would have been the perfect ground for him. PoI works well as Batman without the secret identities and costume, but Bond would have similar, with a film budget. More international scope, and play with espionage politics, etc.

Ultimately, it's not saying much because of course a TV show can accomplish more in developing the intended themes than a 2 hour movie can.

Of course Nolan's Batman is Bond-ish, which leads into PoI, but it's no different from how Finger's Kane was the Shadow or Miller's Batman was Sylvester Stallone.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 12-31-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Oh and Burtons fight scenes were awful.Check out the final fight with Penguin and the fight with Catwoman when Batman was trying to save the Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Oh and Burtons fight scenes were awful.Check out the final fight with Penguin and the fight with Catwoman when Batman was trying to save the Princess.
    In what world would a fight between Batman and Penguin be interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    In what world would a fight between Batman and Penguin be interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    They wake her up when she's in danger of falling asleep and dying from hypothermia. There's no supernatural elements there.
    Well, it's left open to interpretation. It's Burton after all.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Yes...you certainly cant's say that this wasn't interesting.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I'm stunned that this is an arguement.

Though I have, and surely always will, a nostalgic love for the Burton movies given that they introduced me to Batman and are some of my earliest memories...They're not actually very good movies.

Nolan all the way. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    rofl @ at the henchman that accidentaly socked Penguin....

Tim Burton's Batman was amazing. When I was 11. Nolan's Batman is so much more superior, IMO. You can nitpick Nolan's Batman in various spots, but overall, TDK trilogy managed to not only give the best interpretation of Batman on screen, but the best Alfred, the best Gordon, the best rogue's gallery, the best Gotham City.

Not only that, but you have the incredible themes Nolan's Batman explores. What Nolan sets out to discuss in BB, then enhances in TDK, and finally comes back full circle to in TDKR... it's almost impossible to compare the two Batmans.

Anyway, I still have a warm place in my heart for Burton's Batman. How could I not? It's right up there with Donner's Superman. But those interpretations are form a bygone era. They in no way shape or form represent, or even resemble, what Batman and Superman are like today, as each character has gone through 30 years of evolution, and quite frankly, improvement. Which is why I am so looking forward to Man of Steel, and why Superman Returns was such a disappointment.

Burton's Batman was the best representation of Batman at the time. Nolan's is the best modern Batman. But when you compare the two, Nolan's Batman is far superior. And far more watchable.
    Last edited by pud333; 01-01-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Burton's craftsmanship in film making is superior to Nolan. I don't know why Nolan is forgiven for editing,plot holes and straight up bad camera work other directors would be crucified for. I guess his Batman is more true to what comic fans of batman like, basically batman getting his asswhipped by the Joker. But in terms of film making and story telling it's Burton. Nolan's batman is also a killer just like Burton except when it comes to the Joker. Which just makes him seem is hypocritical and morally ambiguous. I guess people mistake that for being "deep".

BANNED

Because Nolan's camera work and editing was fine, if not perfect, and most fanboys don't know the difference between a plot hole and something not being explicitly spelled out.