View Poll Results: Should Dr. Doom Have His Own Movie!?

Voters
75. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • YES!

33 44.00%
  • No!!!

42 56.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I think if the events in Doom's life depicted here on this page were broken into separate acts it could make for an interesting solo film.
    ]
    but why would anyone care about his life? he doesn't exist yet to the non-comic book reading audience. why would anyone pay to see it; without first properly introducing the Fantastic Four. it makes as much sense as giving Thanos his own movie. the only reason it almost worked for Magneto is because his origin and the X-Men's are linked. plus they had already established Magneto as a driving force (and charismatic thanks for McKellan) within a larger story. Doom doesn't have that. his story does not intersect with the Fantastic Four enough (the reason why they made him a victim of the cosmic storm in Tim Story's movie).
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    but why would anyone care about his life? he doesn't exist yet to the non-comic book reading audience. why would anyone pay to see it;
    Well Blade and Ironman didn't exist to the non-comic book reading audiences before their film debuts and they seem to do quite well at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    without first properly introducing the Fantastic Four.
    I've said a few times (including in the OP) that a Dr. Doom solo movie would need to be a sequel to a Fantastic Four reboot and part of a trilogy (the third film being Fantastic Four VS Dr. Doom).
    Last edited by Ood Omega; 08-25-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Yes, but only if they go with something really unconventional. If the movie revolved around something like the UN reacting negatively to this dictator rising to power through some really unconventional means, but when a journalist takes a team into Latvia and discovers that things aren't what it seems, then yeah...I think we could really have something.

Something like District 9, where you can't really pin down what this movie is unless you watch it. It'd be tough to market and I think the budget would have to be very conservative. I don't foresee something like Marvel Studios doing a movie like this, where their main focus is developing the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Also, Fox has the Dr. Doom rights and I wouldn't count on them to make that type of comic book related movie.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy