Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    The burn isn't. Which is still kind odd for Stan. Since he will endorse anything SM related.
    In his last post he seems to imply what he said was in jest and he actually likes Slott's writing.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

So we can expect all these angry Peter Parker fans to apologize to Slott if it turns out that the conclusion of this story is a triumphant Peter Parker return?

The burn isn't. Which is still kind odd for Stan. Since he will endorse anything SM related.
    It's called "joking". You may have heard of it.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by en.sabah.nerd View Post
    So we can expect all these angry Peter Parker fans to apologize to Slott if it turns out that the conclusion of this story is a triumphant Peter Parker return?
    Heh. "if".
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    In his last post he seems to imply what he said was in jest and he actually likes Slott's writing.
    Yeah, you can read it that way, but the exchange does seem rather bitter and rather sarcastic. At least as bitter as a written post can be without using cursing as a crutch.

They will not have left...like SW writes...they are probably waiting for Superior with bated breath.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    It's a photoshop.
    Ah.

Eh. He compliments him the next post, and it's an ambiguous burn at best. He always plays both side too.

No? Why should I apologize for him wasting a dozen issues and requiring the use of yet another stupid plot twist. Shall we get another genetic actor? Or perhaps he was really sent through time. My money is on his consciousness still being in that little gold Octobot.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Yeah, you can read it that way, but the exchange does seem rather bitter and rather sarcastic. At least as bitter as a written post can be without using cursing as a crutch.
    Two words that are basically non-applicable to Stan the Man.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Two words that are basically non-applicable to Stan the Man.
    Maybe, Though this is something only Stan knows, I guess.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Going by stuff I've read, Stan has a wicked sense of humor. Plus, the Tweet does imply he's joking.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    I still can't believe they killed Gwen Stacy. I refuse to read the book again until it's corrected

Her clone is dead now too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Ah.

Eh. He compliments him the next post, and it's an ambiguous burn at best. He always plays both side too.

No? Why should I apologize for him wasting a dozen issues and requiring the use of yet another stupid plot twist. Shall we get another genetic actor? Or perhaps he was really sent through time. My money is on his consciousness still being in that little gold Octobot.

This is what I believe too...and until Doc Ock does the right thing by returning Peter to his body and put himself in the octbot he will always be the villian.

Of course that could be how Peter ends up returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Ah.

Remember that scene in the most recent Avenging .1 when Ock decides not to stop that thief ("This is beneath me, isn't it?"), and suddenly his arm shoots out to clothesline the guy? Ock is surprised, and assumes it's because Parker's body is used to stopping bad guys. I don't think so... I think that was the first obvious hint that Parker is still inside there.

I was thinking about that classic 1960's Stan Lee-written scene where Parker raids Doc Ock's undersea lab to get some cure for Aunt May, who is dying. The lab explodes (of course), trapping Parker underneath an enormous amount of debris while the lab floods and Doc Ock gloats. Parker realizes that it's all over.

But then he thinks about Aunt May and about how she'll die if he doesn't get up and get out of there and he manages to summon horrendous strength to get out. He saves the day, as always.

I'm almost 95 percent sure that the current storyline is identical to that storyline, except much more elaborate and much longer. Eventually Ock is going to fail, and he's going to realize that Parker always was "Superior." And in the process, we'll get to explore through Ock's perspective all the ways that Parker is the greatest hero around. Like in #700 when Ock punches Scorpion's jaw off and marvels at the strength that Parker had. He assumes that Parker never realized his full potential. Wrong... Parker didn't punch bad guy's jaws off because he's a hero and heroes don't permanently disfigure bad guys.

It's hard to watch Slott do this to Peter Parker because, like everyone, I'm a huge fan of Peter Parker. But a hero's story wouldn't be nearly as compelling if the hero never had to face unbeatable odds and certain defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Heh. "if".
    The thing is, it's not going to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    The thing is, it's not going to happen...
    Or...is it?!?!

Dun dun daaaaah!