Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honestly, given the relative strength involved, Norrin not being able to get away once the beating starts is pretty legit, as far as such things go.
    Also, there appears to be some weird energy involved with the first hit, what's up with that? Just artistic, or a plot point?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Honestly, given the relative strength involved, Norrin not being able to get away once the beating starts is pretty legit, as far as such things go.
    Also, there appears to be some weird energy involved with the first hit, what's up with that? Just artistic, or a plot point?
    Agreed bud.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The guy who managed to temporarily contain the energies of a cosmic cube between his hands without his hands turning into vapour, muscled the crimson bands of cyttorak, put out world sundering energy while holding back while being unscathed in the midst of such, came back from being molecularly disintegrated, overwhelmed the Molecule Man and various other sundry is more powerful than Superman, yes. And Gladiator can indeed totally beat a guy who he has beaten, who has needed on other ocassions external speed boosting technology to fight him at speeds Gladiator is fighting at naturally, and whose wins on him come when Gladiator instead does things like literally stop fighting to strike a pose, or otherwise gets into fights in the interim where he gets hit so hard his blood drips off the Designate's hammer.
    Never saw the Cube feat, when did he do that one?

And, to the OP. Which version of Superman are we talking about here?
    Last edited by Gram; 12-28-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Regular Superman, sorry don't know much at all about the new Supes fiasco from the reboot.

Not really much of a fiasco, really. (As far as Rumbles is concerned, I can't speak for the quality of the stories) He's actually been portrayed as overall pretty damn powerful given the relative screentime he's had.

Well, he doesn't do any better against Sentry than Post-Crisis Superman, so it doesn't really matter here.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Not really much of a fiasco, really. (As far as Rumbles is concerned, I can't speak for the quality of the stories) He's actually been portrayed as overall pretty damn powerful given the relative screentime he's had.

Well, he doesn't do any better against Sentry than Post-Crisis Superman, so it doesn't really matter here.
    Is he more or less powerful than the Superman before him? Also his our Superman we knew and loved for years gone now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Is he more or less powerful than the Superman before him?
    Depends on if you count the various stories where Superman showed some truly ludicrous stuff. We don't for Rumbles, but that says nothing about elsewhere.

As I recall, his current best feat is benchpressing the Earth's weight for days without too much trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Also his our Superman we knew and loved for years gone now?
    Yeah, the pre-Reboot universe is pretty much gone.

Gladiator? Well, I know he could beat me up...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

The answer really depends on which Gladiator we're talking about, which is something the thread title doesn't specify. If it's this guy, then the answer is "not very".

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    No, just misusing the term 'blitz'.

All I really mean is that he's been seen doing, well, this on a few occasions:

Attachment 106394

Which would either be some major PIS that the Surfer isn't dodging those or an indication that Thanos is hitting him fast enough to effectively stun-lock him. So, I'm not actually trying to claim he can hit SS many times faster than SS can detect, just fast enough to continue hitting the guy before he can recover from the first punch. (Though that he can aim a punch in Norrin's direction and actually connect in the first place is pretty darned impressive, considering the Surfer's own reaction speed.)
    Sufer has been hit by a lot of people without superspeed before too though; Hulk and Thor for example. It seems more likely that Surfer didn't use his superspeed due to PIS more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Gladiator? Well, I know he could beat me up...
    Bah, I would just rip the comic he was in.

Attachment 106394
    I don't know why, but that scan just reminded me of the comic where Spider-man uses his webbing to cause Surfer to trip and fall off his board. Does Spider-man have an aura that does to heralds what Deathstrokes aura does to speedsters? Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-28-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Just for laughs:

There is probably some in story reason for that happening, it's been a while since I read the issue.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-28-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Bah, I would just rip the comic he was in.
    Rip up a comic??? I may rather take the beating...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Attachment 106394

Which would either be some major PIS that the Surfer isn't dodging those or an indication that Thanos is hitting him fast enough to effectively stun-lock him. So, I'm not actually trying to claim he can hit SS many times faster than SS can detect, just fast enough to continue hitting the guy before he can recover from the first punch. (Though that he can aim a punch in Norrin's direction and actually connect in the first place is pretty darned impressive, considering the Surfer's own reaction speed.)
    Is he punching the yellow out of Surfer?