Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What would I want? A movie that features the characters from the early 90s run (Wolverine, Gambit, Psylocke, Jubilee, Cyclops, Colossus, Storm, etc.) I would like to see the team aspect and characters getting their signature moment. No origin story. Let's get into the action. Still need character development. And I wouldn't want characters randomly thrown in just for cameo appearances. If it fits the scenario and that particular character, go far it.

I wouldn't want the same villain in each movie, but I'd like for the series to build towards Apocalypse (X-Men Evolution version). I was going to say Onslaught, but I'd rather see that character in a straight-to-dvd cartoon.
    Check out my sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
    Connect with me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

i am about to get flamed here, but I actually kind of liked the 3rd film. in fact- I liked it more than large portions of X-Men: First Class, mainly because it got to the frickin' action, had an absurd amount of recognizable characters, there were elements of various X-plots squeezed up in there, and while they weren't written in character for the most part, I gave up on movie adaptations getting characters pitch perfect a long time ago. That's what cartoons are for. lol. X-Men First Class had some sweet moments as well but soooo much of it was just flat. It played it safe. At least Ratner was like "ok. I have like 30 characters and 17 plots. times to go balls to the wall ridiculous. hate me in hell, fanboys".
    Fassbender was the saving grace of XMFC.

what i'd like to see: the Outback Era directed by Robert Rodriguez & Tarantino. All the elements are there. Ulatraviolent gore ala the Reavers, dusty desert vistas, sweat, grime, red hot 70's exploitation mama Dazzler, black mama Storm, Wolverine getting eviscerated... they would do it justice.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

If Marvel Studios got the X-Men back, i think it'd be fun to see a series of films that roughly follow the progression of the team. I'd love to start with an Original Five, then do the Giant Sized Team in the sequel and wrap a trilogy with New X-Men. We always sort of get a little bit from each era in the movies, so it'd be a nice change of pace to do a progression.
    "When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth - then all Americans are in peril."- Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    i am about to get flamed here, but I actually kind of liked the 3rd film. in fact- I liked it more than large portions of X-Men: First Class, mainly because it got to the frickin' action, had an absurd amount of recognizable characters, there were elements of various X-plots squeezed up in there, and while they weren't written in character for the most part, I gave up on movie adaptations getting characters pitch perfect a long time ago. That's what cartoons are for. lol. X-Men First Class had some sweet moments as well but soooo much of it was just flat. It played it safe. At least Ratner was like "ok. I have like 30 characters and 17 plots. times to go balls to the wall ridiculous. hate me in hell, fanboys".
    I think I understand where you're coming from. There were a lot of parts of the 3rd film that were really quite ideal. It had the most comic bookish story. It had the most characters. It had the most epic fights. It just had so much of all of that that it kind of competed with itself. It stopped being a good movie and just became this perverted fan service.

I'd love if those elements could be fit into a movie that was as punchy and sensible as First Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    X1- Xavier recruits new team to save handful of previous students from a secret government project in the south Pacific, Krakoa Bay. Scott escaped Krakoa Bay and was able to contact Xavier to come and get him, they go and get Piotr, James, Kurt, Ororo and Logan to save Lorna, Jean, Alex, Sean and Hank. Really global reach, lots of character vignettes to give backdrop to the individual mutants' situation, from Kurt being chased by a mob to Ororo being praised as a goddess. Allude to Logan having a past with government projects, but leave it at that. Danger room training sequence, team building exercise. Utter failure. Sneak out to Harry's Hideaway (the kids are late teens-20), Xavier is disappointed in them, stern lecture. Solemn team goes to Krakoa Bay to save the other kids. Awesome action scenes, instead of living island, go a more black ops grunts sort of thing. Unveil one giant(100' tall) Sentinel towards the end, it takes most of them down, kills James, Ororo and Lorna take it down, throw it into space. Team flies home, funeral for James. End scene with a secret space station collecting the Sentinel fragments.

X2- Most of the kids leave, the team is comprised of Scott, Jean, Ororo, Piotr, Logan, Kurt and Sean. School is settling down for the holidays, the team takes a trip to NYC. Enter 15' tall Sentinels, who take off with Jean, Logan and Sean. X-Men go to space station where Lang and Trask have created Mastermold, the automated Sentinel factory and are working on the Legacy Virus. Cue fights, Storm gets blasted out of the space station, Sentinel in pursuit, cue awesome solar flare/space weather SFXs! Team gets Jean, Sean and Logan, try to fly back home. Collapsing wreckage falls on Storm, she freaks out, gets knocks her out. Jean has to fly the space shuttle home, enter Phoenix! Spash down on earth, cue Jean rising from the waters! Meanwhile, back in space, Magneto and his Brotherhood, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Mastermind, Avalanche, Pyro and Vought take over the derelict space station, rechristening it Avalon!
    Pretty good ideas. I did not mind the movies too much, but I'd be in favor of a complete X-Men reboot with greater fidelity to the books, more color, a full embrace of the fact that it is a superhero movie, and Nightcrawler back as a fun-loving swashbuckler who happens to also be Catholic, rather than a preachy one-note character given to extreme insecurity and self-mutilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ...seriously? The pacing in that film was horrendous.
    Just when I thought we could be friends. . . First class was the best superhero film not directed by Chris Nolan.
    XPOTM:September 2010

I'm totally okay with Fox keeping the franchise. I loved First Class.
    My only suggestion would be to improve the cast of characters. I don't really want another movie with the likes of Darwin, Azazel and Angel Salvadore. There's so many more, better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Less focus on Wolverine.

A Cyclops that isn't a whiny bitch or an emo.

Just adapt Joss Whedon's run or get him to write/direct it and it'll be perfect.
    That's a movie I can get behind.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Just when I thought we could be friends. . . First class was the best superhero film not directed by Chris Nolan.
    It really wasn't.

Sure, the ending was good. But there was so much leap of logic in character developments, it just felt like a movie was playing in fast forward. I mean, look how fast that whole "Magneto infiltrating Shaw's boat" turned into this pandemonium of confusion.

Or how Mystique and Beast just meeting and they're instantly are on flirty talk next scene.

Granted, there were good scenes, like the Gnarles Barkley "Run" montage, but the movie was held together by too many scenes that were happening way too fast for their own good.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I think I understand where you're coming from. There were a lot of parts of the 3rd film that were really quite ideal. It had the most comic bookish story. It had the most characters. It had the most epic fights. It just had so much of all of that that it kind of competed with itself. It stopped being a good movie and just became this perverted fan service.

I'd love if those elements could be fit into a movie that was as punchy and sensible as First Class.
    Or better yet, fit them into X2, the best x-men movie in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    I'm totally okay with Fox keeping the franchise. I loved First Class.
    My only suggestion would be to improve the cast of characters. I don't really want another movie with the likes of Darwin, Azazel and Angel Salvadore. There's so many more, better choices.
    That's what I'm worried about for DOFP. The cast so far sounds great, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the New Mutants and Cable. And Ellen Page (but I doubt it'll ever happen).
    [x]

I would want it not to happen. Marvel has done an appaling job with the X-Men in the last decade and I'd rather not seeing it happen in the movies too.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Compared to the other x films, First Class looks like Lawrence of Arabia.

Don't judge on that Xorn-class level scale. It's still awful by any other consistent criteria.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

An emphasis on team dynamics would be great. None of that splitting up to fight your enemies one-on-one/exploring our personal feelings jive. What made the Avengers stand out was a terrifically choreographed team battle where everyone contributed in a group effort. You had Hawkeye as a scout, Widow for infiltration, Iron man and Thor as air support, Cap for tactics and Hulk as the infantry. You don't see that kind of attention to detail outside of an RTS video game; Audiences appreciated the effort. The X-men film franchise is older and already has the groundwork laid out for that sort of sequence. It'd be interesting if they actually did it.

It's easy to see why so many people proclaim the Avengers movie as the best outside of its dominating box office. That fight finale was huge and winning it made the Avengers look huge. The X-finales all look much smaller in comparison, making the X-men look smaller as a result. They seriously need some sentinels to blow up, stat.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 12-28-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by washout View Post
    just when i thought we could be friends. . . First class was the best superhero film not directed by chris nolan.
    booooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.