Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    This.

When everyone that's descended from him have gone insane at one point, I think it's fair to say that insanity runs in Magneto's family.

As for Wanda, de-powering mutants was nothing. Whether she meant it or not, she was responsible for the deaths of billions. Everyone that was killed during War of Kings alone is more than the population of the Earth, and she was responsible for that because her spell woke up Vulcan and without him the Shi'ar wouldn't have gone to war (or at the very least wouldn't have been as successful).
    Please, don't start this. Going this route leads nowhere. You may as well say that it's all Xavier's fault for recruiting Vulcan in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Please, don't start this. Going this route leads nowhere. You may as well say that it's all Xavier's fault for recruiting Vulcan in the first place.
    This exactly!

I think that pretty weak and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    excuse me? pad's story with lorna was tastefully done and really well-told. you are trying to distort it out of some bizarre need to protect these characters from imagined irrational criticisms. that is simply not the case.

the fact is that magneto and lorna have extremely delicate physical reactions to their powers. this is all well-established and fully canon. if you want to ignore major aspects of certain characters to have them live up to your personal ideals, that is your business. but getting snippy with other people on this forum about this topic is useless and uncalled for.
    Wrong you ignored what happen and took place in #243 of XF

don't try to switch at least have some dignity and self respect for yourself.

Magneto and MM messed with Lorna's head when she was a normal little girl did he not?

In continuity not YOUR bizzare nonsense your spouting.

I like the effort of you trying to switch it on me though.

BANNED

If they're actually going to try and explore Wanda's psyche as part of a storyline, it needs to be in a solo book. Trying to work it into a team book is just not going to get you a proper treatment, especially with all the fanboys of the other characters braying about their undeserving favorites needing face time.

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Who says that's the best known version? It isn't as far as I'm conerned. Those were blips in a long career.
    Look, she's my favorite character. I wish it was not true, but I would be willing to bet that most fans associate her with Darker than Scarlet and Disassembled/House of M.

For anyone who started reading in the past 10 years, House of M/Disassembled is all they know about her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Wrong you ignored what happen and took place in #243 of XF

don't try to switch at least have some dignity and self respect for yourself.

Magneto and MM messed with Lorna's head when she was a normal little girl did he not?

In continuity not YOUR bizzare nonsense your spouting.

I like the effort of you trying to switch it on me though.
    did you even bother to read dark seduction or did you just skip it? what on earth makes you think that mastermind putting blocks on lorna's memory has anything to do with how her powers work?

lorna's powers are exactly the same as magneto's. he taught her more about her powers than she ever knew before he took her under his wing. and it is well-established that magnetic powers have adverse effects on a person's brain chemistry. lorna and magneto have both been struggling with the effects of their magnetism for years.

what's funny is that i am the one who specifically brought pad's detailing of lorna's family history into this thread because it has relevance to wanda. and yet, like a lunatic, you feel the need to tell me i am the one ignoring it.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    Look, she's my favorite character. I wish it was not true, but I would be willing to bet that most fans associate her with Darker than Scarlet and Disassembled/House of M.

For anyone who started reading in the past 10 years, House of M/Disassembled is all they know about her.
    That's the be the sad part about it, Scarlet Witch is a Far, Far better and deeper character then those events. She has a Career Going back to the Silver Age of comics, being one of the first Female Characters in the Marvel Universe during that decade. But by what I see, she is still a very well beloved and Liked Character, even those who got started with her from HoM like her by what I have heard from them.

This to be shows the Great Appeal Wanda has with Comic Book Fans, no matter what bad times the industry tries to put her threw to make a quick buck.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

BANNED

i certainly don't want to read about a perfect wanda. how boring. a truly great character is celebrated for their flaws just as much as their strengths. part of wanda's flaws just happen to be her history of mental instability. if you can't accept that about her, then what kind of fan are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    This exactly!

I think that pretty weak and pathetic.
    I agree with that as well, that is Really stretching it.

i certainly don't want to read about a perfect wanda. how boring. a truly great character is celebrated for their flaws just as much as their strengths. part of wanda's flaws just happen to be her history of mental instability. if you can't accept that about her, then what kind of fan are you?
    Sorry My friend, but no one here (or me as least) ever said Wanda is perfect. She is human just like anyone else. Perfect does not exist, that would be very very boring. What makes Wanda appealing is that she is only mortal, and works hard to make things right.

that's incorrect. lorna has the same problems with her powers as her father. magneto's powers affects his mental stability. the memory block was part of the problem, but not the entirety of it.
    That is the Same Case I believe in as well My Friend AcesX1X.

But should be lease of a Mental Problem and called more "Power Degeneration" that one has to watch out for. Ones powers changing and Evolving has been a problem explore with heroes at times in Comics and TV.

BANNED

Wanda is far from a perfect character, she's often indecisive, can be maddeningly oblivious, is loyal to fault, especially to her family members who have brought her nothing but pain and suffering, and all too frequently steps aside to allow a less capable teammate take the lead in a situation which they are ill-equipped to handle. Her "history of mental illness" is merely a series of expediencies taken to further the stories of others, it has only ever detracted from her characterization and never added anything to it.

BANNED

yes, but when combined with her father and siblings own histories of mental instability, wanda becomes part of a larger and more complex tapestry that does add to her overall character.

yes, but when combined with her father and siblings own histories of mental instability, wanda becomes part of a larger and more complex tapestry that does add to her overall character.
    But that is the point then My Friend, the root cause is then "The Power" and understanding it and how it affects ones very being. From that comes mental Changes, so one has to fix the root cause first, by fixing that all other "Problems" would get helped in many was as well.

BANNED

right. fix the root cause. not ignore it because you think it makes a character look bad. wanda should be actively managing her illness just like lorna and magneto are trying to do.