Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Not when what he wrote contradicts what was written by several previous writers without explanation. The man is a hack with no regard for continuity and no respect for far more talented writers who came before him.
    I think Dr. stranges statement was hinting at her using the Phoenix's power/ life force.

Also, reel in the Bendis hate. It makes you look biased.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Quote Originally Posted by zipppoww View Post
    Well, several things...

Wanda having "probability manipulating" powers always seemed like a writer bail out ability... In many instances it didn't even make sense. She once collapsed an entire building by turning all the metal bolts into wood... That sounds like reality warping... Domino and Longshot "manipulate probability" and they have never done anything like that. Short out a computer, make a gun back fire, possibly survive a building collapsing onto them but never transmuting elements... that is not a probability, that is transformation... impossible transformation, not improbable occurrence. But eh, she has always been vague in her abilities and I expect them to keep it as such.

Well, as someone mentioned Bishop and the fact that Wanda wasn't a villain I will comment. Yeah, Wanda would have made a great villain, but she is better seen as a far end redemptive character for some reason. I don't know why. I think it would be better development for her, Magneto, Quicksilver and Polaris if she became a villain even more dangerous than Magneto. To have a new Molecule Man-esque character or DC like Queen of Fables character would have been awesome. Eh, I guess Bishop seems to be "more the villain type" (I'll leave that alone) so it sticks to him. Earlier it was noted Wanda killed many people and destroyed the lives of countless others, but as they continued to progress in developing stories they chose not to focus on that point and push her redemptive qualities. I look forward to the return of Bishop, even as a villain, because I think something interesting may come out of this turn in character (as much as I hated it). As for Wanda, I find her to be the least interesting part of the story due to the fact that this is an arc we have seen before. Her going nuts and trying to put herself back together. I think this will go the Jean Grey route and she will get stale as a character again and they will make her go mad again or rehash an old story point. I think the fact that they reached so far to bail her out in the first place with that "Life Force" nonsense is beyond me. To be overwhelmed by the "life force" and kill seems to be exactly like the phoenix and not a "yin yang" balance thing.

Ah well, Scarlet Hex Boob will be around for the foreseeable future, but what stuns me is the fact that Quicksilver was not recruited for this Mutant Avengers squad. But I'm sure we'll see the twins in action soon. Uncanny Avengers seems to have picked up the mandate of the New Mutants and are doing old storyline cleanup, which means there's endless material as old threads seems to be jumping up left and right.
    This. I have no clue how turning metal into wood is a "probability change" or why Quicksilver isn't on the uncanny avengers lineup.

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

leave the wanda's unstable stories alone from now on.. next!

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    *Groan with the Vision jokes*
    What UNSIGHTLY thoughts this comment has put into my head.

Hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh Wanda. You cooky betch.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I want to see a more heroic and likeable wanda from now on.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I want to see a more heroic and likeable wanda from now on.
    WORD.

I believe it is coming up.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    Hundreds died, it's canon. And I don't find the Hitler/Stalin types that interesting, they always blame it on 'crappy childhood' stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Find me a scan that says hundreds died. It's not that I don't believe you. I just feel like that should be a bigger focus than something as superficial as super powers.

I think the most interesting thing about Wanda in Uncanny Avengers is how unapologetic she is.
    She only killed a dozen with is 12 and de-powered thousands which are still alive, it's just people blowing it out of proportion and I like she's unapologetic simply cause she's had enough apologizing since no one will possibly ever forgive her.

People died from what she did, but its not like she was out to kill hundreds or thousands of people.

Thanks Hariel for that post. The same thing happened a mere 2 to 5 months before and it wasn't a widescale death with High Evolutionary/Sinister. Now neck girl comes out when Wanda decides to do it. Then they tack on all kinds of B.S from what Wanda did with all these B.S deaths. As if mutants were brave enough to be flying around, then suddenly falling out of the sky. Talk about a ripoff from that Lex Luthor story.

"Only a dozen"
    cpjudd.com

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    People died from what she did, but its not like she was out to kill hundreds or thousands of people.

Thanks Hariel for that post. The same thing happened a mere 2 to 5 months before and it wasn't a widescale death with High Evolutionary/Sinister. Now neck girl comes out when Wanda decides to do it. Then they tack on all kinds of B.S from what Wanda did with all these B.S deaths. As if mutants were brave enough to be flying around, then suddenly falling out of the sky. Talk about a ripoff from that Lex Luthor story.
    52. I knew that sounded familair. Also yeah, this has been my big problem with the whole M-Day thing. It seems like whenever a hero in the Marvel U commits a villainous action it has to be more damaging than an actual villain in a misguided attempt to "raise the stakes." Another example from House of M, them treating Wanda rewriting reality like some never before seen catastrophe, when it's been done before by the likes of Morgan La Fey and Red Skull. Hell, I think Hawkeye responded to Morgan's with "Not again." After AvX, it's gotten so bad someone actually made a topic about what villains can do to seem more credible, and no one argued that they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    "Only a dozen"
    Maybe in the block she lived in. But that spell went across different dimensions and universes. She committed genocide.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Maybe in the block she lived in. But that spell went across different dimensions and universes. She committed genocide.

o
    I was quoting for shere LOLZ.
    cpjudd.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    52. I knew that sounded familair. Also yeah, this has been my big problem with the whole M-Day thing. It seems like whenever a hero in the Marvel U commits a villainous action it has to be more damaging than an actual villain in a misguided attempt to "raise the stakes." Another example from House of M, them treating Wanda rewriting reality like some never before seen catastrophe, when it's been done before by the likes of Morgan La Fey and Red Skull. Hell, I think Hawkeye responded to Morgan's with "Not again." After AvX, it's gotten so bad someone actually made a topic about what villains can do to seem more credible, and no one argued that they weren't.
    The moment I saw that mess I said "Didn't I just see this before". To be a mutant at marvel is tough. I've NEVER ever seen a bunch of mutants just flying around willy nilly like they showed in that scene. If you're not an X-man or a superhero, you're usually not just F'in around in the sky with the likes of Purifiers and such out to get you.

They just went out of their way to taint Wanda I'm guessing just so Bendis didn't have to have her on his team. I mean honestly, a woman this powerful would have the the greatest villains chasing after her and she wouldn't just be able to "hide". Especially considering Doom could find her. And yes, villains usually pull out these widescale events like its never seen before (See Secret Invasion).

In comparison, Cyclops as the phoenix burned all the oceans and caused major earthquakes everywhere in the world and the only person to die was Xavier? LOL. I'll give Marvel some credit, when they really wanna discredit someone they'll go out of their way to destroy those characters (New Warriors Wanda, Ultimate Reed) then some characters can do the same widescale effects and get off scot free or people magically aren't hurt from their rampages (Hulk, Cyclops). At least they're consistently loyal to the more popular characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post

o
    With the help of Ms. Frost and Doctor Strange. Nothing shows that their mixture of magic and telepathy didn't make the spell more than it was supposed to be.