Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I actually hope she is. Bendis, like Byrne, realized Wanda, with her unworkable powers, is only interesting when she's going off the deep end. That's why those two have written her only memorable stories in 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by UserIDGoesHere View Post
    I actually hope she is. Bendis, like Byrne, realized Wanda, with her unworkable powers, is only interesting when she's going off the deep end. That's why those two have written her only memorable stories in 50 years.
    It's similar to Jean Grey in that regard.

I don't think writers want either insane 24/7... but it's certainly fair to argue their biggest most memorable stories had them going off the deep end. But I don't think that means marvel or any of their writers want them insane villains all the time. Both are perfectly usable characters which have been functioning in decades worth of stories when they're sane.

It's aspects of their characters that are worth playing it, but it's far from being their sole defining characteristic.

She just has her flaws.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Why? She's more interesting if I believe she did it on purpose (although it's unlear how many actually died).
    Hundreds died, it's canon. And I don't find the Hitler/Stalin types that interesting, they always blame it on 'crappy childhood' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    Hundreds died, it's canon. And I don't find the Hitler/Stalin types that interesting, they always blame it on 'crappy childhood' stuff.
    Find me a scan that says hundreds died. It's not that I don't believe you. I just feel like that should be a bigger focus than something as superficial as super powers.

I think the most interesting thing about Wanda in Uncanny Avengers is how unapologetic she is.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Find me a scan that says hundreds died.
    Is....is that a 'mod order'? Dear Lord....

And I will, just to prove that I'm not all hot air!

I just feel like that should be a bigger focus than something as superficial as super powers.
    It's like you don't know me anymore; you know that I'm all about the superficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    Is....is that a 'mod order'? Dear Lord....

And I will, just to prove that I'm not all hot air!

It's like you don't know me anymore; you know that I'm all about the superficial.
    Lol! I didn't mean to come off as bossy. I really just don't remember a scene that specified how many died. I know people died. It was a tragedy. I just didn't think they ever told us how many.

Disassembled would have made more sense without the insanity excuse. Wanting to murder the people who killed your kids seems perfectly rational to me.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Disassembled would have made more sense without the insanity excuse. Wanting to murder the people who killed your kids seems perfectly rational to me.
    I think turning her into a full-blown villain would have worked best if they would have either killed her or kept her around to terrorize the heroes for a longer period. Sending her into limbo was anti-climactic.

Find me a scan that says hundreds died. It's not that I don't believe you. I just feel like that should be a bigger focus than something as superficial as super powers.

I think the most interesting thing about Wanda in Uncanny Avengers is how unapologetic she is.
    In Childrends crusade, the scen where the X-men and the Avdngers have thier first confrotation it is said that hundered dies

In the Mini covering the decimation the number sally Floyd uses is "countless"
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Except no one really killed her kids. Certainly not Scott Lang or Hawkeye.

Her being driven nuts by the life force (not unlike Scott being driven nuts by the Phoenix or Hal Jordan being driven nuts by Parallax) was really the only way they could get the to where they needed it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    In Childrends crusade, the scen where the X-men and the Avdngers have thier first confrotation it is said that hundered dies

Dude, and Doom says that he was responsible for No More Mutants. You can't have it both ways.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Lol! I didn't mean to come off as bossy. I really just don't remember a scene that specified how many died. I know people died. It was a tragedy. I just didn't think they ever told us how many.
    I don't fear you!

I think that it was implied to be thousands but I'll go with hundreds, sounds more reasonable. And it was a major tragedy, on pair when Galactus ate the Skrull Home world.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post

Well countless could just mean its impossible to count because it was such a weird situation.

It doesn't change my feelings for the character either way. In fact I may love her more. I need my favorites to be a mess.

At this point, I think that Wanda and Hank Pym fans need to resign themselves to the fact that their hero will always alternate between sanity and insanity and in universe people will always be walking on eggshells around them.

The fact is, characters oscillate but always come back to their best known version. For Wanda, that will always be "Darker than Scarlet"/Dissassembled/Possessed by Chthon. It just is what it is.