Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantacrap=Fantasy + Crap zipppoww's Avatar

Default Is Wanda still mentally unstable?

I'm only asking because she seems a bit off still. I know the character is still recovering from a lot but she seems a bit tweaky. I wonder if Remender is writing her to just be putting on a strong, stable face and barely handing on inside.

Also. why is she referring to "Chaos Magic" again? Didn't they establish no such thing exists? Her power is to warp reality... could it be that she is starting to deteriorate again?
    Last edited by zipppoww; 12-28-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

she has crazy boobs.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

She's fine. The debilitating effects of the Life Force are no longer an issue. Her achillies heel - hes sons - seems to be addressed now. Madness does seem to run in Erik's girls though, so...perhaps? It'd be foolish for Marvel to cripple her character again at this point though. They can at least wait another 20 years or so again.

Chaos Magic has far more references in story than Dr. Strange's (Bendis penned) one line about it not existing, so I think it's safe to say that that line is being ignored. She is a practitioner of Chaos Magic.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Not right now. Not only does madness run in his girls, it run's in his family look at Quicksilver in Son of M
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

She's solid. Like Luke Cage said, 'second chances,' and 'you're only as good as your word.' Solid.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    Not right now. Not only does madness run in his girls, it run's in his family look at Quicksilver in Son of M
    I still look at Pietro sideways after that story. I can deal with all of his shifty, double crossing shenanigans. Turning your young daughter into a junkie though? That's just cold.

The curious one.

Depends on the writer.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I still look at Pietro sideways after that story. I can deal with all of his shifty, double crossing shenanigans. Turning your young daughter into a junkie though? That's just cold.
    he murdered someone in that mini, as well.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Do I think she has issues? Sure.

Do I think she's mentally unstable? At this point I would say no. I don't see her going insane anytime soon. She's on the hero route, and IMO at least will likely stay there.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Pietro must have just started watching "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia." He probably really related to Danny DeVito's character.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    She's solid. Like Luke Cage said, 'second chances,' and 'you're only as good as your word.' Solid.
    Considering that she started out as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, I'd say she's used up her second chance and is at least on the third one.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zipppoww View Post
    I'm only asking because she seems a bit off still. I know the character is still recovering from a lot but she seems a bit tweaky. I wonder if Remender is writing her to just be putting on a strong, stable face and barely handing on inside.

Also. why is she referring to "Chaos Magic" again? Didn't they establish no such thing exists? Her power is to warp reality... could it beat that she is starting to deteriorate again?
    Huh.....Honestly are we still talking about this with Wanda, it so old, now we are going beyond beating a dead horse here. But if you are asking a serious question then ok my friend Zippoww.

No she is not (and honestly never was). 1.) Wanda's powers began to turn on her without her knowledge and made her loose control, so not her fault. 2.) With that she suffer from amnesia that lead to her forgetting about her kids and her powers turning on her leading her to make decision that she would not have in her True Sense of Self. 3.) All that happen during dissembles, HoM and M-Day was cause when she got possessed by the Cousin of the Phoenix, "The Life Force" so all her bad actions where under possession, not her.

As of right now, Even with all this known Wanda still blames herself (A Very Noble pursuit, but unnecessary, but that what makes Wanda an Iron Lady) and is now trying to make up for what happen. How she is acting now is base on many things, she is caring the world on her shoulders right now and is also seeing the effects that AvX left the world in as well. She is of Stable Mind and Soul like she always was until her powers turned on her and she was possessed. Wanda is just in a rough time right now, she will get threw it and be better for it.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 12-27-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Considering that she started out as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, I'd say she's used up her second chance and is at least on the third one.
    More like fourth or fifth, since she has gone "nuts" and fought the Avengers way before Dissembled even occurred. But I like the character so .....whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    More like fourth or fifth, since she has gone "nuts" and fought the Avengers way before Dissembled even occurred. But I like the character so .....whatever.
    we're past the point of keeping count for this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    he murdered someone in that mini, as well.
    He killed lots of people in that story.

It was a good story though. Between the art and the future self (but not, but yes), it totally felt like an episode of Aeon Flux. I full enjoyed it. I lost any lingering respect for him, but I enjoyed the story. :p