Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Things Ultimate Thor Now Has To Worry About

Unfortunately this hasn't really been touched on, but since the destruction of Asgard and Thor's regression from a god to a mortal with a powered suit and hammer, I've been thinking of all the things the Odinson now has to worry about...

-- Aging
    -- Breathing (does the suit feature life-support, or does it just boost his strength?)
    -- Transmissible Illness
    -- Neurological disorders/Mental Illness
    -- Hereditary Disease (he's in a mortal body, but what's the genetic history of said body?)
    -- Disfiguring/Disabling Injury
    -- Cancer
    -- STDs (though he's been too busy brooding to get any)
    -- Physical Side-Effects of the suit (obliquely reference in Ultimate Comics Ultimates #5, albeit as the excuse that he was holed up in Stark Tower so he could be under observation)
    -- Performance problems with the suit and hammer, such as the hammer glitching up mid-battle, or the hammer exploding in his face
    -- Being attacked when not wearing the suit
    -- An itchy beard

Anything else I'm forgetting?

On Vacation

Well apparently Thor is back to being a god in the last issue of ultimates without any explanation. humphries

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Well apparently Thor is back to being a god in the last issue of ultimates without any explanation. humphries
    What? How?

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    What? How?
    Lol i just said without an explanation lol. when he is talking to sue storm he summons lightning without the use of his suit or mjlonir which he shouldn't be able to do unless he was a god.

Maybe he controls the hammer remotely with mental commands. We saw Loki, inside Thor's head, messing with the weather the same way in Ultimate Comics Ultimates #5. Since the original suit was designed by the Braddocks, and the current version was made by Tony Stark, it seems entirely plausible.

On Vacation

Nah I think it's Humphries stupid writing. Take a look in Ultimates 2 when Quicksilver took off Thor suit all the lightning stopped. I mean it is plausible that the current suit is better but then it poses a question. If Thor can summon lightning with mental command then why even wear the suit? At this point it just ridiculous writing like how Hela survived.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 12-28-2012 at 07:55 AM.

On Vacation

Also I wanted to point out how ridicules it was for Hela to survive. Bringing back Hela ruins the whole "lets put modi into the tree" thing because then you have to ask why didn't thor just give modi to Hela. The fact that hela is around makes the whole destroying the world tree worthless. not to mention the fact that it totally ruins Thor becoming Valhalla. Why were the ghosts talking to him when they should have gone to hela since she was alive. Now I do have to say one mistake Hickman made was that he brought modi into asgard without explaining how him and loki escaped but thats minor considering I would ignore the loeb crap if I was writing too. but the fact of the matter is bringing back hela complicates things a lot and I don't know if its humphries ignorance or that he doesn't care but its obvious is he barely thinks things through.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 12-27-2012 at 10:27 PM.

On Vacation

one last thing. sorry i might be going off-topic. WTF was up with hela's reaction? it made no f@cking sense at f@cking all. Why would she be mad at Thor for killing Modi she can just revive him. In fact it makes things easier. She probably wanted an heir for the land of the dead and if Modi is dead then he can probably control the dead as well. Hela should be thanking Thor. None of this makes any sense. I'm really angry/I don't actually really care. Completely nonsensical.

The destruction of Asgard was the worst thing to happen to Ultimate U since Ultimatum.

The major flaw with Ultimate U is its habit of killing off good characters for absolutely no reason.........

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    The destruction of Asgard was the worst thing to happen to Ultimate U since Ultimatum.
    The destruction of Asgard was completely fine under Hickman's pen since Mjölnir & Modi had the key to the next generation and future of Asgard, but now the worst thing to happen to Ultimate U since Jeph Loeb is definitely Sam Humphries.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Terrible writing is what Thor feared the most.His nightmare came true.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Lol i just said without an explanation lol. when he is talking to sue storm he summons lightning without the use of his suit or mjlonir which he shouldn't be able to do unless he was a god.
    Maybe one possible explanation to his seemingly regained godhood is that after he killed Modi, he reclaimed Mjolnir restoring his powers.

A thought just occurred to me. If Hela is still alive, does that mean that Valkyrie is still around?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-28-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe one possible explanation to his seemingly regained godhood is that after he killed Modi, he reclaimed Mjolnir restoring his powers.

A thought just occurred to me. If Hela is still alive, does that mean that Valkyrie is still around?
    If that's what happens then damn Humphries really has become Loeb-lite. We just got the axe/hammer back why would Thor want to use an inferior piece of block. It's further proof that Humpries is trying to make the ultimates into the 616 avengers because he isn't able to write the 616 avengers.

If that's what happens then damn Humphries really has become Loeb-lite. We just got the axe/hammer back why would Thor want to use an inferior piece of block. It's further proof that Humpries is trying to make the ultimates into the 616 avengers because he isn't able to write the 616 avengers.
    Aesthetics aside, the original-looking hammer is also a genuine creation of Odin in the Ultimate Universe, and the axe/hammer is a mortal tinker-toy by comparison.

Also, it was under my understanding that the suit boosted Thor's strength and durability and allowed him flight (somehow), while the hammer provided the weather control and teleportation abilities. So he still uses both, even if the new version allows him to use the hammer without the suit.

It's still preferable when possible to find No-Prize explanations rather than condemn the author.

Nothing about Humphries makes any sense. He must have had Thor mention that he was the last Asgardian fifty million times ... and then Hela shows up. What is Hela if not an Asgardian? And Thor summons lighting without his equipment.....

Then we have, again, fifty million references to Tony Stark having invented War Machine. Did Humphries really not read Ultimate Avengers (which makes it very clear that his brother invented the armor)?

Big shot out to the Pym Particles reference too. What makes that one weird is that Humphries has called it by it's correct name once before (in #12), so why would he mess it up?

Also, nothing about Cap's hover-bike move makes any logical sense. Cap just flies OVER the battlefield, waving the flag, without actually helping his team at all!?! What is he, a cheerleader?

The Anthony thing doesn't make any sense either. Even under OSC Tony didn't have any kind of psychic powers, so why would he be able to interface with tech? Why would he be able to TALK to his tumor?