Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Like I said, he's Galactus. If you're looking for a more real world term to call/describe him, then call him a rumor/gossip monger. So from this day forth Rich shall now be called either Gosipactus or Rumoractus the Devour of Rumors and Gossip.
    Or not, because both of those names are dumb.

Rich Johnston is the Mr. McGee of comics reporting.

Last edited by RolandJP; 12-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    And, of course, neither of those scenarios are possible under the parameters that Rich himself has already set. Because he specifically said that the story concerns "the actions of a senior executive many years before they came to the company."

What could *possibly* be in a senior executive's past that would be so bad that it would destroy their subsequent employers? Shy of the company knocking off victims and/or witnesses to the prior offense(s), I'm having trouble fathoming any conceivable actions that could be so severe (and in that case, the destructive thrust of the story would still be primarily concerned with the illegal/immoral actions of the company, not just the sordid past of the executive).
    If we do a little research, we could make a list of all of the current senior executives at the Big 2 and then narrow down the list by researching what they were doing before they started working at the Big 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    See I can actually construct a semi-credible theory revolving around a specific individual that might fit that scenario. But I've already been pretty irresponsible here and don't want to start a new rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    There's only one man who fits those parameters. I really hope Rich is exaggerating.
    I can't help wondering if you guys are talking about one of the 2 people that I'm thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Or not, because both of those names are dumb.
    Of course those names are dumb. I was making a joke. Besides, can you come up with a cool comic book Galactus scale name for Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    See I can actually construct a semi-credible theory revolving around a specific individual that might fit that scenario. But I've already been pretty irresponsible here and don't want to start a new rumor.
    Does it involve Martin Goodman and Nazi gold?
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Does it involve Martin Goodman and Nazi gold?
    Goodman was Jewish, so that would be a big bold "HELL NO".

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Of course those names are dumb. I was making a joke. Besides, can you come up with a cool comic book Galactus scale name for Rich?
    Guh-Factless
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Of course those names are dumb. I was making a joke.
    I'm sorry, did the smiley not communicate my lack of seriousness? Are you gonna force me to break out the facepalm meme?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    I'm sorry, did the smiley not communicate my lack of seriousness? Are you gonna force me to break out the facepalm meme?
    D'OH, my bad. That being said, I still want to hear your (and other posters) suggestion for a funny Galactus scale name for Rich.

Goodman was Jewish, so that would be a big bold "HELL NO".
    That's what they want you to think!
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    However as I said, we need someone like Rich because otherwise the majority of mainstream comics journalism and reporting would be the churnalism you see in pretty much every site because most reporters have a sneaky eye to get themselves a writing job in future.
    Yep basically true. You will see people afraid to call work absolute shit . To go out and do it. I mean even some review columns (sorry CBR) doesn't have someone who will call work shit . You see them soft pedal and even do interviews and lob softball questions. Nothing to test the writers who did the work or editors who approve it. The whole deal seems like "Ohhh I better treat nameless editor good because one day he may call me to do some X-Men or Superman !"

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    He's also the guy who broke the Dreamwave and Crossgen scandals which nobody else was touching until he broke them.

Which is annoying. He's always been clear he doesn't see himself as a journalist, so why did it have to be him to breaks stories like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Apparently because he's the only one who gives a shit when companies aren't paying creators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Those creators should just be happy that they're allowed to produce comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Oh fuck, I think I remember now - didn't people complain he was hurting the industry or something?
    (Not counting the companies, who always love the excuse of "by going public you've made it harder for us to pay you". Isn't it strange how Val Staples didn't do that, he just tried to pay people?)
    One of the funniest things I saw some claim was "Well it was a matter of time before someone exposed said company !" To try and claim that the internet comic world would do it eventually. Which is bullshit and they know it.

What makes it even more fun is that a few years after Dreamwave fucked people over , Newsarama ran an interview where the guy lobbed such epic softballs at the owner of it , you had to laugh. Everyone mocked the interview. Which had Johnston ask... so what about the tough questions you should ask this man who owes talent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    It was Weisinger. Who was a 100% prick pretty much 100% of the time.
    You may have missed it a page or 2 ago...Spike told me who it was more or less.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I thought everyone already knew that Stan Lee was f****ng Kirbys wife?
    Support your local roller derby league

It was Len Wein's wife.

Which one?
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)