Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
    So basically the "story" is that Rich Johnson may or may not know a secret?
    He knows one secret... how to get people talking about him by saying the most tasteless things he can imagine.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Xal View Post
    Over at the Bendis board Rich posted this in an attempt to seem like a more credible journalist. However it seems to have backfired. So what nefarious thing could he be referencing or is it all more likely just some bs he made up?
    "Many years ago before they came to the company" isn't going to doom either of the Big Two. And if it's so bad, why is he the only guy who supposedly knows? Did it happen to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    The only thing that I can think of is murder and Human trafficking (which might be for sex) of women and children in a foreign country.
    And how would somebody like Johnson get info about things of that nature? Dan Rather he is not.

This is most likely scurrilous hearsay about scurrilous hearsay.

I was thinking along similar lines. If this crime is so bad, then wouldn't it taint all the merchandise from said company, not just the publishing division.
    I figure that Time Warner or Disney could absorb the blow.
    Too big not to.
    Then, since they wouldn't let those IP's from DC/Marvel die, they'd just reformat the publishing wing without the executive holdovers from before the respective acquisitions.

So I don't know if the "I'd put people out of work!" defense holds up necessarily

Put some Execs out of work, maybe, but nobody likes those guys anyways, and they've got enough money.

"I'd get sued for slander and libel" is better.
    Last edited by PupsOfWar; 12-27-2012 at 05:56 PM.

This whole thing sounds like Johnston trying to puff himself up to sound important and it backfiring on him. If he really knows about something so terrible it could hurt the comics industry (though it actually wouldn't because it apparently involves one person, involves something they did before being part of the industry and involves one of the big two, both of which are owned by super mega media conglomerates) then he's a twat for not coming out with it. He's obviously exaggerating to make himself sound like a real journalist with actual sources and significant information when in fact he's a rumormongering muckraker who covers an industry hardly anyone cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    "Many years ago before they came to the company" isn't going to doom either of the Big Two.
    I agree. This person did not commit these alleged crimes while working for one of the Big 2. Hell, the recent sexual abuse scandal with Kevin Clash didn't even bring down THE CHILDREN'S WORKSHOP/SESAME STREET, and he committed those alleged acts while working for that company.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    I figure that Time Warner or Disney could absorb the blow.
    Too big not to.
    Then, since they wouldn't let those IP's from DC/Marvel die, they'd just reformat the publishing wing without the executive holdovers from before the respective acquisitions.

So I don't know if the "I'd put people out of work!" defense holds up necessarily

Put some Execs out of work, maybe, but nobody likes those guys anyways, and they've got enough money.

"I'd get sued for slander and libel" is better.
    Quoted because I agree with every single thing that you said.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaunter View Post
    I very much doubt he has something so vile it Could kill the company. Exaggerating.

Where did he post this exactly?
    He claims this executive committed his dastardly deed(s) prior to his employment at the comic book publisher. There's no way his prior bad acts would harm the publisher long term. They may have some egg on their corporate face for a short while, but nothing more.

If Johnston considers himself a legitimate journalist, he should run the story.

Tom

All of this is window dressing, what the hell are the allegations.

Since we dont know who the exec is anyways. Run em.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    And how would somebody like Johnson get info about things of that nature? Dan Rather he is not.

This is most likely scurrilous hearsay about scurrilous hearsay.
    I agree. It also seems like this might be a vicious rumor started by someone (or someones) with a personal vendetta against the accused exec.

What type of sick person would do offensive acts then work in superhero comics?

I agree. It also seems like this might be a vicious rumor started by someone (or someones) with a personal vendetta against the accused exec.
    It's all fantasy in Rich Johnston's head. There's no sense taking anything he says seriously. He's like a bad high school gossip girl.

As I've said before, Rich Johnston says lots of things.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    It's all fantasy in Rich Johnston's head. There's no sense taking anything he says seriously. He's like a bad high school gossip girl.
    You mean the way the Inquirer and TMZ out-scoop legitimate news sources because they (so-called legit) dont want to lose ad revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    You mean the way the Inquirer and TMZ out-scoop legitimate news sources because they (so-called legit) dont want to lose ad revenue?
    No. I mean like how the fortune teller or man who claims to commune with the dead pulls things out of their ass. He's got nothing to lose.

After the number of things he's pulled... most recently the shot he took at Marvel using a sick child... he deserves no consideration.

I wouldn't even compare him to "professional" muck rakers like The Inquirer and TMZ. He's a tabloid like The Sun.
    Last edited by Beast; 12-27-2012 at 06:28 PM.