BANNED

Default Great and Powerful Oz Will Make History

Hyperbole aside, I'm a big Sam Raimi fan and think his what-are-smoking? audacity in filling in the wizard's story as a prequel will be a great movie. I think Peter Jackson has wrung the Tolkien goose elf to death but Raimi is going to hit the sweet spot with "The Great And Powerful" and, hopefully, direct JLA with Mark Millar mashing it and sickest entertainment ensues. Ya'll know you want it.

From all appearances of the Trailers so far, I would have to agree that this film looks like a hit. And it looks to me from the poster of the wicked witch that was weleased (ahem, released) that the wicked witch we know from the old film will be the role played by spoilers:
    Rachel Wiesz
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    From all appearances of the Trailers so far, I would have to agree that this film looks like a hit. And it looks to me from the poster of the wicked witch that was weleased (ahem, released) that the wicked witch we know from the old film will be the role played by spoilers:
    Rachel Wiesz
    end of spoilers.
    I'm also really excited for this movie. MGM's Wizard of Oz was one of the first movies that I saw with my parents as a toddler and I've been an Oz fan ever since. I enjoy the Wizard of Oz comics from Marvel and Scottie Young along with SyFy's mini-series Tinman. I've also shared the new trailer for Oz: The Great and the Powerful with my sister and father and they're also excited for the movie. I'm also a Sam Raimi fan.

Since Disney and Marvel are now together I wonder if they will release a Oz: The Great and the Powerful prequel comic like they did for The Prince of Persia movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    I'm also really excited for this movie. MGM's Wizard of Oz was one of the first movies that I saw with my parents as a toddler and I've been an Oz fan ever since. I enjoy the Wizard of Oz comics from Marvel and Scottie Young along with SyFy's mini-series Tinman. I've also shared the new trailer for Oz: The Great and the Powerful with my sister and father and they're also excited for the movie. I'm also a Sam Raimi fan.

Since Disney and Marvel are now together I wonder if they will release a Oz: The Great and the Powerful prequel comic like they did for The Prince of Persia movie.
    Only if Scottie Young draws it
    Cyclops ad portas

Two New Amazing Posters. One is North America and the other Japan.

ummm is wrong to think the wicked witch is hot?
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    No, a lot of guys on this forum are attracted to green chicks. I'm more into Beast Boy and Hulkling myself but I digress.

I'm curious if it being Disney will have any nods to "Return to Oz"? That was a pretty cool/freaky sequel of sorts that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    Hyperbole aside, I'm a big Sam Raimi fan and think his what-are-smoking? audacity in filling in the wizard's story as a prequel will be a great movie. I think Peter Jackson has wrung the Tolkien goose elf to death but Raimi is going to hit the sweet spot with "The Great And Powerful" and, hopefully, direct JLA with Mark Millar mashing it and sickest entertainment ensues. Ya'll know you want it.
    I don't want Mark Millar within a million miles of the JLA movie. Raimi? I dunno. I doubt he'd be interested.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Rachel Wiesz
    end of spoilers.
    If you know the classic names then you'd know that Wiesz will be playing the spoilers:
    future wicked witch of the east (the one who gets Dorothy's house dropped on her) Evanora, while Mila Kunis will be playing the future wicked witch of the west Theodora, the one who gets melted by water in the Judy Garland version of the Oz universe.

I've read some plot synopsis' that state that Wiesz is the big bad for this movie, but toward the end of the movie tables turn and Theodora
    end of spoilersbecomes the green witch we all know and love.

I've always been amused by the posters who go on blog forums where pretty much everything is about spoilers etc. but demand for spoiler tags, as opposed to you know simply NOT reading the thread in the first place. But oh well, here's your spoiler tag.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 12-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Uhm... Spoiler tags? Yeesh!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Oddly enough I've always found some kind of hidden beauty from the original wicked witch underneath all that wickedness.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I don't want Mark Millar within a million miles of the JLA movie. Raimi? I dunno. I doubt he'd be interested.
    Horror movie for sure but a superhero film. No, no, and no.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    No, a lot of guys on this forum are attracted to green chicks. I'm more into Beast Boy and Hulkling myself but I digress.

I'm curious if it being Disney will have any nods to "Return to Oz"? That was a pretty cool/freaky sequel of sorts that they did.
    Thank you Star Trek