Default Day after Christmas sale...too good that I had to leave quickly...

Walked in, saw and grabbed Marvel Omnibus of Thor by Walt Simonson for $55, paid and walked out...I wanted to do more shopping and buy more but starting like that I knew it was bad news...I'd be broke right now if I stayed...anyways, four issues in so far and loving it. The pages are beautiful and the story seems to have held up pretty well...I can't wait to get into the Ragnarok stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by _Tim_ View Post
    Walked in, saw and grabbed Marvel Omnibus of Thor by Walt Simonson for $55, paid and walked out...I wanted to do more shopping and buy more but starting like that I knew it was bad news...I'd be broke right now if I stayed...anyways, four issues in so far and loving it. The pages are beautiful and the story seems to have held up pretty well...I can't wait to get into the Ragnarok stuff...
    Great deal and fantastic run, hope you continue to enjoy.

I have a feeling I will...

I did see a table of old Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane comics...and was tempted, but had to go...I could've easily dropped a grand on those spectacular books (and covers)...

I say swt a reasonable budget and head back.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Tim_ View Post
    I have a feeling I will...

I did see a table of old Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane comics...and was tempted, but had to go...I could've easily dropped a grand on those spectacular books (and covers)...
    I bought a bunch of late period Lois Lanes from the thrift store myself.

(I wonder how many more issues I'd need for the whole 100 storyline?)
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Hi Tim, I think restricting how much you were going to spend was a wise-move. Too often people just splurge and then complain when they are broke. As I always say, the comics market isn't going to turn around any time soon, there are heaps of bargains to be had out there, and there is always tomorrow, or next month etc. As I often tell friends, only spend what you can really afford, but don't spend anymore than that. That's my advice.