Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

[QUOTE=Spider-Fly;16372682]Well, at least we still have Stan Lee's newspaper comic.[QUOTE]

As much as I respect the guy, his writing makes Claremont look like he's riding the zeitgeist and has done for over three decades now.
    "At the end of the day, it's all just storybook stuff" - Me

[QUOTE=darkmorgado;16372759][QUOTE=Spider-Fly;16372682]Well, at least we still have Stan Lee's newspaper comic.

As much as I respect the guy, his writing makes Claremont look like he's riding the zeitgeist and has done for over three decades now.
    Newspaper Spidey owns.

definitely not following Superior Spider-Man after this.. Otto is no sympathetic at all
    this was such an unceremonious death! i can't believe you marvel...
    at least you could have thrown Peter into Avengers Arena, if he was going to get killed anyway, it could have been a more interesting death.
    also i'm considering dropping Avenging Spider-Man, worthless without Peter
    WORST DECISION EVER!
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

waiting till that Brand New Day (Again!) when Octopus brain patters start to disperse and Peter recovers his body...
    MARK MY WORDS
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

I like Scarlet Spider, and I think I will like this Superior Spider-man even more because he's the one with more intelligence and know how to use it.
    Slott did all the awesome things with Peter life, if not because in 'big time' he let spider-man have a good life, I had not picked up this series again. Can't remember the last time spider-man actually use his brain to make his own life easier before Slott's run. Someone may like to read about a pathetic loser Peter, I'm not.

I feel that Slott has performed a lobotomy on my inner-child, I'm speechless!

I read 700 and if it was just the Spider-Dreams story I would say it was brilliant end to Amazing Spider-Man but the main story while for awhile was really good went straight downhill when they went the angle of turning Doc Ock into a hero/possible rapist. I also wasn't a big fan of the dumbing down of MJ. Long time ago during the married years she could tell the difference between Chameleon masking around as Peter within five seconds but now cant even tell the difference between an old man bossing her around and calling her woman something Peter never did. I also not a fan of turning Ock into a hero you go out of your way to finally bump Norman as big bad of Spider-Man and make Ock into respectable arch enemy again he's now a dark hero.

The story could have been cool if it wasn't so over used now in the other Spider titles. Scarlet Spider a book about a former villain now turned hero Venom Arch enemy to a dark hero Dark Spider-Man on Dark Avengers dont know anything about him but I'm sure its the same thing Dark hero version of Spider-Man. Lets face it peter will get his body back or a clone one Slott didn't bring Jackal back for nothing but they will keep Superior as a satellite title and thats the worse thing we already lost enough great villains either by being taken as Avenger villains or becoming heros. Also no new villain has really worked out really well in a long time.

Yawn I'll just keep reading Scarlet I have no intrest in anther Dark Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadhulhu View Post
    Haters gonna Hate.. That is very true, because I absolutely hate what they have done with Spiderman since Civil War. Deals with the Devil, etc, etc. Slott has done alot of damage, funny thing is Marvel okayed this idea. I can tell you, I am never picking up another issue of any spider-man comic again, or watch anything dealing with Spidey. I feel like my childhood has been ruined.
    I remember at age two , my first real drawing was of Spider-man. I always had a sodft spot for Peter and his adventures. Make mine anything BUT Marvel now.
    Hyperbole is hilarious.

I thought Peter/Spiderman was boring. So I'm not upset by this shake up at all. But "One of the things I've learned from comic books" is there are no boring characters just boring writers. So I'm sticking with it to see if Slott can pull this off and make me a superior fan. I won't wait long though. Lets start a petition against crappy writers! We spend too much money to read your dog piles!! Don't Bore US!! I hope some comic book writer out there reads this.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbatman View Post
    I thought Peter/Spiderman was boring. So I'm not upset by this shake up at all. But "One of the things I've learned from comic books" is there are no boring characters just boring writers. So I'm sticking with it to see if Slott can pull this off and make me a superior fan. I won't wait long though. Lets start a petition against crappy writers! We spend too much money to read your dog piles!! Don't Bore US!! I hope some comic book writer out there reads this.
    I think all comics should have a hidden zapper placed in them so that when you turn to a certain page you get the crap shocked out of you...that way you can have suspense in every comic you peruse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmorgado View Post
    If it really bothers you so much, just switch to trades, seriously.
    Nah, I don't care for trades.

Have to admit i haven't read the issue (not read much Spiderman sine OMD to be honest - just some British reprints).

I was going to use this as a jumping on point for me but if the person behind the mask is who i hear it is its just another reasons to not bother picking up the title (for me).

I wonder how the story will be reflected ion the team books hes in?

What I have seen of Slotts work, like Big Time i felt were ok - but it still feels like a very wrong version of Spiderman and if its not actually peter then - as with the clone saga - its not a Spiderman story.

That said what I have seen of Marvel NOW so far has looked good, Ill mostly be piscking up TPB as the cost for individual titles in the UK is much more than I feel a comic book should be.

Although I get what they're trying to do by making Otto see things from Peter's point of view in a way --- I don't like it.

I've been a Spidey fan for along time now. I always thought I would collect Amazing Spider-Man forever and I have a great many of the 700 issues that are out there, but there have been stories written that just haven't interested me. I've picked up issue 700 but haven't read through it, I did scan through it so I know what happens. Peter Parker has always been a survivor and when the going gets tough, he fights even harder, that is who he is. I'm disappointed. Why? Because if you want someone else as Spider-Man there are comics out there (Scarlet Spider, Ultimate Spider-Man and once upon a time Spider-Man 2099) Is Peter gone for good? I hope not. Am I upset at Marvel? No, they are a business, a business about selling comics and you need to shake things up to keep existing readers interested as well as acquire new readers. Has it always worked out for them? No. Spider-Man and other heroes got me interested in reading. How are you supposed to explain to a grandchild when the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man comes out that Peter Parker is not really Spider-Man anymore so A) they understand and B) it makes sense?

Ill admit im not in a good place with Marvel right now - and this does stem from OMD (i know it was years ago but its just the way it is). I havent bought a new marvel comic since then - i do get the British reprints (mostly for cost sake and the fact they are card bound so easy to look after too) and i have enjoyed a good deal of the avengers and hulk stuff, especially since the sentry was removed.

I have really liked how they have brought Spider Woman, Luke Cage and Iron Fist to the fore and really like how Carol Danvers has developed.

Conversely my feelings about the X- Men as a whole but especially Scott leave little to be desired.

When I was a kid there was always a feeling among me and friends that certain things in Marvel were special, unlike say DC (not a dig just a comparison). Marvel didn't retcon, and there were 3 deaths that stayed permanent, Bucky as the first major child death, CM as the first major death from a real illness and Uncle Ben. Buckys return has been a little mixed but after my initial rage (and it really was that) I have liked how he has developed. CM has passed on the mantle as a true hero and I love that. And Bens still gone.

I cant dislike all of Marvel - but I have permanently lost my affection for Spiderman because hes so removed from what I knew it may as well be another character. And take the powers away - IMO it really is.

I wouldn't mind if they invented a new character and wrote great new stories but this just feels like emotional blackmail (buy the book coz of who it was or what the masthead says).

I cant complain at people liking it - that's their right and Marvels right to do as they see fit with their characters. In fact I get more angry at people who complain and then still buy the book - the only rightful way to object is to keep your money in your pocket.

Sorry for ranting.