Just like some movies and TV series have soundtracks with songs that aren't in them but just reflect certain events or moods, I've been thinking that Spiderman needs something similar. In lieu of ASM #700 and the 50th anniversary, I thought it would be fun to do something similar for Amazing Spiderman, to put Peter's entire career to music.
Here are the rules:
1. There is no limit to the amount of songs that can be on this playlist, but let's try not to over-represent certain events. For example, the Death of Gwen Stacy shouldn't have eight songs attached to it.
2. A few instrumentals are okay, but mostly, I'm looking for songs with vocals.
3. Profanity and other explicit lyrics aren't an issue, though rule #6 will most likely have an effect on this.
4. Mainstream to semi-mainstream songs are somewhat preferred, although independent and underground music is also welcome.
5. Songs that are about Spiderman or that directly reference them are more than welcome, including television and movie themes.
6. This one is crucial: Songs must be period pieces for the time that the story was written. If the story or event who are thinking of connecting a song to is from 1985, please pick a song that was released around that time. For example, if you want a song about when Peter and Betty were dating, an early Beatles song would work but not a Soulja Boy song. The soundtrack will be divided up by decade.
7. Please give a brief explanation (a sentence or two) as to why you picked that song.
Once it seems that this is complete (hopefully we'll have lots of songs), I'll arrange them into a master list (don't bother fitting in your numbering with mine, just create your own lists and I'll sychronize it later).
1. 60s Spiderman Theme - A good introduction, and one that does a great job in reflecting the zany, wild-eyed of the Lee/Ditko era.
1. Belinda Carlisle: Heaven is a Place on Earth - An exuberant pop tune that fits well with Spiderman's marriage to MJ.