Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    I want no part in this.
    Oh, come on.

For old time's sake. There will be plenty of "fhtagn" and ritual sacrifice. I swear.

I even got our song.

Last edited by Gram; 01-09-2013 at 09:19 PM.

The last time this came around, Aquaman's showings were deemed sufficient to allow him to use Telepathic Assaults on humans.

So that issue is the dead horse here.

Secondly, if one comes onto a debate board and gives an opinion, one shouldn't be surprised if said opinion garners disagreement and even discussion. If one absolutely doesn't want that kind of thing, then this is wrong place to be posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    I want no part in this.
    Outrageous!
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Outrageous!

Indeed.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

No this was definitely an old comic from like the mid 90's at least. It might of been Aquaman who had just freshly come out of water, but I remember that soldiers were shooting at him. They make a comment on how he's not on Supermans level(seriously I love how people in comics like pointing this out to him) but they still wouldn't do much with guns. Of course that could be SMvsFL.

If Aquaman can take hits from beings on his strength level then I wouldn't have a problem with him being more or less bullet proof, but it still could of been SmvsFL I guess. But damn though..even season 1 Smallville Clark doesn't flat out draw blood from getting shot. Worst case scenario he took bruises. Could Aquaman, for instance, shrug off a car bomb or am I overestimating his durability?
    The feat you're quoting is from the Ultramine Corps story arc from JLA. Aquaman takes some sustained fire from a helicopter mounted gatling gun, as I recall, and shrugs it off no problem.

He's got good crushing depth tolerances - guy went to the bottom of the Mariana Trench and survived. The pressure down there is around a hundred tons of weight on every square foot of his body. Aquaman is hellah strong and durable.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The feat you're quoting is from the Ultramine Corps story arc from JLA. Aquaman takes some sustained fire from a helicopter mounted gatling gun, as I recall, and shrugs it off no problem.

He's got good crushing depth tolerances - guy went to the bottom of the Mariana Trench and survived. The pressure down there is around a hundred tons of weight on every square foot of his body. Aquaman is hellah strong and durable.
    Actually, that "crushing depth" thing is mostly hooey. It's only crushing if you have a lung full of surface air or something else compressible. But if you are just full of liquid (non-compressible) and breathing through gills like a fish, there's not really much of a problem - you are just part of the column of water in that case.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. That arc isn't a non-canon story or anything is it?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

BANNED

Just want to point out that Aquaman can actually summon stuff out of a giant monster movie. I wasn't joking before.

Taken from the Superman/Batman

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. That arc isn't a non-canon story or anything is it?
    No, it's not. It was just a regular story arc. One of the earlier Morrision era JLA.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's canon. Well, it was for the Post Crisis. Obviously, it's no longer canon what with the new reboot and all.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Actually, that "crushing depth" thing is mostly hooey. It's only crushing if you have a lung full of surface air or something else compressible. But if you are just full of liquid (non-compressible) and breathing through gills like a fish, there's not really much of a problem - you are just part of the column of water in that case.
    I'm aware that it's some not like that, but they had a whole issue about Aquaman going to these enormous depths and having to physically overcome the pressure.

Make of it what you will.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

BANNED

In other words, "lolfiction."

Nothing really makes sense in the world of fantasy.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

I'm aware that it's some not like that, but they had a whole issue about Aquaman going to these enormous depths and having to physically overcome the pressure.

Make of it what you will.
    We'll just say: "Comics! Ye and physics shalt ne'er mix!" Or something.