Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If there ever was a cure it would likely be someone is the the world, country, nothing that group would ever hear about.

I just figure zombies come from some type of virus, weapon etc... really about all it could be from and I do get why they cannot say where it came from because a random group of people are never likely to know.

Did George A. Romero ever provide a cure in his stories? I doubt Kirkman would either.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    I doubt it. Walking Dead isn't intended to ever end. He treats it as an infinite ongoing series and makes it up as he goes along.
    Yeah: he has said that he feels like he's just started, and by the end I think WD will basically be the life story of Carl. As for an explanation/cure, it's certainly a story direction with possibilities if he wants to explore it, but I don't see him doing so any time soon - if at all. If he does though, I vote scientific explanation over magic: it fits in far better with the WD world, I think.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Did George A. Romero ever provide a cure in his stories? I doubt Kirkman would either.
    There are a few good correct answers here, but this statement boils it all down to the simplest. Kirkman has been on record in not only numerous interviews, but he has probably said it at least 12 times in the letter column, that TWD is set in a world with Romero-rules and just like in his films, there will never be a cure nor a definitive cause explained. The story is about a small group of regular people, and how they are surviving. It's unlikely they would ever cross paths with anybody who knows for sure, except for somebody like Eugene.

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

But for those who do want a cure and are upset that Kirkman is following the "romero-rules", look on the bright side.

While Romero can't write worth shit, Kirkman and the tv writers can.

No offense to the Romero fanboys floating around but other than Night of the Living Dead, his zombie films have been pure direct to video trash. I mean Land of the Dead, Diarheah of the Dead, Rise of the Dead, Dead of the Dead, it jus tgoes on and on. And the actors they get for the films, eeesh. They'd be better off just casting Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 01-01-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    I doubt it. Walking Dead isn't intended to ever end. He treats it as an infinite ongoing series and makes it up as he goes along.
    He isnt really make it up as he goes along. He has said he has a rough idea and plans for up to issue 300... and that was a couple years ago. He has plans...

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

I think the radio that they have is the most important item they have.If they have batteries to use it,they can find a broadcast message.The message tells them about what caused the plaque and it started a hundred miles from Rick's group.That's how they can find out why it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    I think the radio that they have is the most important item they have.If they have batteries to use it,they can find a broadcast message.The message tells them about what caused the plaque and it started a hundred miles from Rick's group.That's how they can find out why it happened.
    How contrived. I'm glad you have no influence on how Walking Dead is written.

The cure? Unless it's able to kill every zombie out there, probably by releasing it into the air, it wouldn't really change anything. Well, I suppose they wouldn't need to be worried about being accidentally bitten, but that's all.

I think Rick thought he had the "cure" when he was going to build his supposed army and kick some zombie ass, meaning they were just going to eliminate all zombies everywhere.
    That of course was before issue # 100.

Personally, I don't care if Kirkman ever touches on the zombie origins in the series, but I would be curious to know if he has an origin, just something he would give away i nan interview. That way if I don't like it, then it's not in continuity. And if I do like it, then it counts.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

The only "cure" is an axe to the brain!

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    The only "cure" is an axe to the brain!
    Or a bullet, sword, hammer, etc...

To introduce the "cure" in TWD is to go against everything that makes TWD great. Contrary to popular belief, TWD isn't about zombies, it's about the post-apocalypse, relationships, humanity and the loss of humanity, and most of all.. humans: How people would react and change if a zombie apocalypse actually happened.

With that being said I find it hard to think of an interesting story in which a cure was found. What's the point? Also, we've pretty much learned that the entirety of America is gone (for a fact in the show), which makes it completely plausible that the entire world is f***ed as well. If that's the case, would it even matter if a cure was found? Would it even progress civilization at all? It's not like the cure would turn zombies into humans, they'd still be roaming around for a long time whether the cure was a thing or not. One thing is for damn sure, it would not progress the story.

Finally, it doesn't make TWD a bad story because origin stories aren't revealed. It only goes to show that people have been "desensitized" (for lack of a better word) from reading just a good story, enjoying it, and that's that. TWD doesn't need back story, it would just ruin the series.
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    If the series was to end, wouldn't there be some cure? I mean I got into the comic because of the TV show.. I've only read a few issues but Kirkman must have an endgame of sorts..
    I watched his and Adlard's panel at Comic-Con last year and he said they had thought of a story to use as the finale, but they really have never thought about ending it. Makes me think it'll be at least two more omnibus' of material (48 issues, 6 story arcs each).
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I watched his and Adlard's panel at Comic-Con last year and he said they had thought of a story to use as the finale, but they really have never thought about ending it. Makes me think it'll be at least two more omnibus' of material (48 issues, 6 story arcs each).
    As I have said before... Kirkman has said he has plans for up to issue 300. Thats a little more than 48 issues...