Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Junior Member Jarocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    see "reshaping thread..."
    Last edited by Jarocho; 01-03-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: wrong thread

  2. #47
    Senior Member hunter_peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Launceston, Tasmania
    Posts
    2,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is a really great idea. Taking the worst thing ever in the UU and making it the beginning of something better.
    Thanks! That was basically my thinking. I mean, I like the post-apocalyptic feel of the status quo we have now, but they threw so much quality under the bus when they did it, so is is a good way to tie everything together and keep both the things I like. Plus it allows the story to be completely different because there's still that non-traditional foundation for it. Hence the tweaked Spidey mythos and very different everything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Its too bad anthologies dont work for marvel. Itd be nice to have a Ultimate Unlimited, or whatever the marvel version of Action Comics, Worlds Finest, or Detective Comics would be.

    Ultimate Amazing Fantasy?

    Timely comics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'd love to just see comic anthologies return in general. I miss the days of What If, Elseworlds, Amazing Fantasy.
    I'd really like this. Of course, it should be called Ultimate Fantasy.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

  3. #48
    Senior Member Huthaifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,012

    Default

    I dont like reboots for the most part, since is basically telling some old fans, that you wasted your time buying this. I actually would take the current direction to its natural step.

    Cap becomes the leader of SHIELD.

    Thor basically becomes the leader of his own religion.

    Tony Stark becomes the richest most powerful man in the world.

    They all do this by employing/using mutants. Steve drafts anyone with powers which is mostly Mutants to his SHIELD organization. Tony outsources mutants from around the world to join his Future Foundation.Mutants and humans from around the world start follow the Prophet Thor.

    I split the books into 4 titles,dropped the price, or add additional back up features to it to make it worth 3.99.

    The 4 books would be

    SHIELD
    SUPREME POWER:THOR,ANGEL,NIGHTCRAWLER,SCARLET WITCH, and a few others.
    FOUR:IRON MAN,INVISIBLE WOMAN,HULK,AND BEN GRIMM.
    SPIDER MAN: Miles Morales basically being a rebel and the classic misunderstood menace of the MU.

  4. #49
    Senior Member hunter_peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Launceston, Tasmania
    Posts
    2,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I dont like reboots for the most part, since is basically telling some old fans, that you wasted your time buying this. I actually would take the current direction to its natural step.

    Cap becomes the leader of SHIELD.

    Thor basically becomes the leader of his own religion.

    Tony Stark becomes the richest most powerful man in the world.

    They all do this by employing/using mutants. Steve drafts anyone with powers which is mostly Mutants to his SHIELD organization. Tony outsources mutants from around the world to join his Future Foundation.Mutants and humans from around the world start follow the Prophet Thor.

    I split the books into 4 titles,dropped the price, or add additional back up features to it to make it worth 3.99.

    The 4 books would be

    SHIELD
    SUPREME POWER:THOR,ANGEL,NIGHTCRAWLER,SCARLET WITCH, and a few others.
    FOUR:IRON MAN,INVISIBLE WOMAN,HULK,AND BEN GRIMM.
    SPIDER MAN: Miles Morales basically being a rebel and the classic misunderstood menace of the MU.
    I quite like this idea. It's different, but very interesting. It would make for easy and great intersection of the titles without overt crossover, too, because they'd mostly be big societal things rather than small groups of people. Sort of like Dark Reign, but there's three concurrent big boss types and their organizations all intersecting. I think because of all that possible intersection that Spider-Man could actually be the most interesting of the four books. You'd get to see these big societal forces play out on the ground level. Really good idea!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

  5. #50
    Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Ultimate Days of Future Past. Kitty travels back in time and prevents Ultimatum from ever happening.

  6. #51
    1906 Xistel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    Ultimate Days of Future Past. Kitty travels back in time and prevents Ultimatum from ever happening.
    I like that. specially since she took ultimatum so hard
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

  7. #52
    Senior Member jameszahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    Ultimate Days of Future Past. Kitty travels back in time and prevents Ultimatum from ever happening.
    amazing idea...

  8. #53
    Senior Member jphamlore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post

    Tony Stark becomes the richest most powerful man in the world.
    Did Marvel ever get back to the Kratos Club storyline, because that is the one and only time I have ever seen Tony Stark owned in Ultimates with no response from him.

  9. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Maybe the Ultimate Universe should do things dropped by 616. Iron man as leader of sheild, Spidey a publically known superhero, spidey married to mj, X-men on their own island, xmen in sanfrancisco, mutants on asteroid m, punisher as an angel, hulk as a smart professor hulk, ironman replaced by his teen self, thor ascended to odins throne, the beyonder in his disco suit?

  10. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Maybe the Ultimate Universe should do things dropped by 616. Iron man as leader of sheild, Spidey a publically known superhero, spidey married to mj, X-men on their own island, xmen in sanfrancisco, mutants on asteroid m, punisher as an angel, hulk as a smart professor hulk, ironman replaced by his teen self, thor ascended to odins throne, the beyonder in his disco suit?
    Honestly....this. 616 refuses to change anything. Ultimate....refuses to admit they changed too much. How about we go and make this the "well....here is teh LOGICAL progression" universe?

    Spidey: Married to MJ, has kid. That brings a whole new aspect to him. If you ever run out of baby stories, then time to do toddler stories. He could also be training a protege of some sorts. or if you really want single Peter, you have Good ole Ben R as a partner. Maybe a Spider Team. Spidey, Black Cat, Scarlet, and May Day. And I'd probably merge Black Cat and Shadowcat into one character.

    X Men: hmm...actually...how about an underground group of mutants that just respond to disasters. X Men's problem has always been they are too high profile to justify the whole double standard between them and other heroes. I'd reimagine half the cast with different mutant power rules and personalities (de-aging them slightly from 616). X Men is the political comic that goes on with racism, sexism, homophobia parallels. They shouldn't be having giant wars with robots, aliens, etc. They should remain small scale and in the shadows. The team I would have are: Angel, Cyclops, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Colossus, Marrow with GUEST ROLES for Wolverine (usually a villain), Polaris, Longshot, Pixie etc.

    Ultimate.....something: OK, we've gotten to the point where you can't ignore the ridiculous. The Avengers movie made an alien invasion work in a "realistic" way. And 616 is basically guaranteed to try and copy. So instead, lets do the reverse. Let's have a parallel universe travels comic. They don't interact with the main Ultimate line. Reimagine Valhalla into some new theme entirely and have Thor, Ghost Rider, any ridiculous character, travel through the dimensions and fight monsters to save the day. They just don;t bother with Earth because they feel it is too small scale. My idea is to make this one to be the art book. This is where you go all out and have fun with your imagination. This is where you reimagine Ghost Rider as a steam punk character. This is where Thor becomes truly alien. This is where Silver Surfer is some reminiscent of the starry night or something. This is where you get a different style of art each planet.

    And Ultimate Daredevil. Yeah...odd choice right? I'm not even a fan of this genre but I feel that Daredevil's stories revolve too little on actual crime drama/comedies. This should be more like Castle or Lie to Me, not Daredevil's emo monologues. Daredevil is just a persona Matt uses when he needs to find evidence the crime bosses wont let him get to. He's Matt FIRST, Daredevil second. I feel modern day crime dramadies is an untapped market that comic writers seem to miss. Anyone who's a lawyer hardly does anything in the court room in comics.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler and Longshot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •