Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think with some tinkering Ultimate Universe can go back to it's former glory (pre-ultimatum) without disrespecting both fans of the current UU and old-school fans.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    I think with some tinkering Ultimate Universe can go back to it's former glory (pre-ultimatum) without disrespecting both fans of the current UU and old-school fans.
    Nope, don't think so, a lot of people, myself included like how the UU is now, you take say miles and put him as scarlet spider, two things will happen.

1) His book won't sell

2) His connection to the broader UU would be lessen greatly, seeing as Peter would take up most of the stories.

Miles cannot survive with a running Peter Parker whose spider man, it just can't happen.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

One of the huge issues with the Ultimate Universe has been all the cross universe crossovers. The idea of the UU was to have an easy to follow, updated, fun universe. All the events have made it continuity heavy. Even as a reader of most titles until recently, I have found it difficult to follow things at times.

The UU needs to go back to basics. We need solid creators who will write solid stories without these stupid crossovers. The universe needs to be simple and fun.

The UU seems to far gone now. They have made it dark and gritty in an attempt to modernize it. I honestly don't see the UU surviving another 5 years without some consistency that it's lacking.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

The Ultimate Universe is starting to get more alien as time goes on, but so far I can still dig it. Still wish Ultimatum never happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    One of the huge issues with the Ultimate Universe has been all the cross universe crossovers. The idea of the UU was to have an easy to follow, updated, fun universe. All the events have made it continuity heavy. Even as a reader of most titles until recently, I have found it difficult to follow things at times.

The UU needs to go back to basics. We need solid creators who will write solid stories without these stupid crossovers. The universe needs to be simple and fun.

The UU seems to far gone now. They have made it dark and gritty in an attempt to modernize it. I honestly don't see the UU surviving another 5 years without some consistency that it's lacking.
    I totally agree. this, more than anything we all have said, and all our wishes of bringing back X or Y, has to happen or I fear UU is a gonner
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Its too bad anthologies dont work for marvel. Itd be nice to have a Ultimate Unlimited, or whatever the marvel version of Action Comics, Worlds Finest, or Detective Comics would be.

Ultimate Amazing Fantasy?

Timely comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Its too bad anthologies dont work for marvel. Itd be nice to have a Ultimate Unlimited, or whatever the marvel version of Action Comics, Worlds Finest, or Detective Comics would be.

Ultimate Amazing Fantasy?

Timely comics?
    I'd love to just see comic anthologies return in general. I miss the days of What If, Elseworlds, Amazing Fantasy.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Flush the whole affair down the toilet, with only Ultimate Peter Parker ( alive, of course ) and his supporting cast ( MJ, Gwen, Aunt May, Jonny Storm, Bobby Drake aaaand JJJ, Ben Urich, Ben Grimm and Sue Storm to round it out ) being magically transported to the 616 universe.

That'll do.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    Flush the whole affair down the toilet, with only Ultimate Peter Parker ( alive, of course ) and his supporting cast ( MJ, Gwen, Aunt May, Jonny Storm, Bobby Drake aaaand JJJ, Ben Urich, Ben Grimm and Sue Storm to round it out ) being magically transported to the 616 universe.

That'll do.
    How is that rebooting the UU. You know you could just read the 616. Its the exact same thing you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    How is that rebooting the UU. You know you could just read the 616. Its the exact same thing you mentioned.
    Aside from UU Peter Parker and his supporting cast, I never liked the UU all that much. Basically, everyone there, as written at first under Millar, is a complete and utter egotistical douchenozzle. Some characters have been better over the years, but that taint has clung to the whole setting like a miasma. USM as a title never fit at all into that setting and UU Peter was a vastly superior version to the last decade of 616 Peter Parker.

And, yeah, my voice is for cancelling the whole deal at this point and salvaging the only thing worth salvaging from there. Maybe get UU Nick Fury over to the 616 version, too, and he can do a buddy cop movie with his white counterpart.

BANNED

I'd keep Spider-Man as is. I don't care about Miles Morales, but it works.

X-Men would start from scratch, and be more like Morrison's New X-Men run, continuing the mutant subculture as a youth movement. Since we can't have progress in the 616 universe, do it her. Cyclops and Nightcrawler in particular would be more in line with the characterizations from the X-Men: Evolution cartoon. Give this book to someone like Joe Casey.

Ultimates would continue where Millar left off, but become a more global movement, like Warren Ellis's Stormwatch. Kind of Avengers meets the West Wing.

I would keep Reed Richards as a villain, he's far more interesting that way.

That'll do.
    As someone said. Just read 616 or just say cancel the Ultimate Universe all together since you clearly don't like it regardless of the saving graces. And yes I know it's fun to hate Millar but looking at the way comics are today just about every character is a complete bitch/asshole, even characters within the 616 Universe.
    Last edited by Legato; 01-02-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'd keep Spider-Man as is. I don't care about Miles Morales, but it works.

X-Men would start from scratch, and be more like Morrison's New X-Men run, continuing the mutant subculture as a youth movement. Since we can't have progress in the 616 universe, do it her. Cyclops and Nightcrawler in particular would be more in line with the characterizations from the X-Men: Evolution cartoon. Give this book to someone like Joe Casey.

Ultimates would continue where Millar left off, but become a more global movement, like Warren Ellis's Stormwatch. Kind of Avengers meets the West Wing.

I would keep Reed Richards as a villain, he's far more interesting that way.
    I never really cared that much about Reed Richards in the 616. What there doing with him now actually made him an interesting character.

I always wanted them to explore the Ultimate Universe outside of earth. An Ultimate version of Guardians of The Galaxy would have been nice or make an Ultimate Anthology of Ultimate Marvel but in outer space.

I'd like to see the Ultimates tackle something that's not on earth. Maybe on another planet or another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    As someone said. Just read 616 or just say cancel the Ultimate Universe all together since you clearly don't like it regardless of the saving graces. And yes I know it's fun to hate Millar but looking at the way comics are today just about every character is a complete bitch/asshole, even characters within the 616 Universe.
    I disagree very much about the status of the 616 universe. There are outliers of course, but in general the attitude of characters is still far away from Millars horrible "everyone is only out for themselves" writing.

And, yeah, in retrospect the only thing worth reading in the UU was Bendis' Peter Parker and his supporting cast. And the UU Fantastic Four, I guess.

I disagree very much about the status of the 616 universe. There are outliers of course, but in general the attitude of characters is still far away from Millars horrible "everyone is only out for themselves" writing.

And, yeah, in retrospect the only thing worth reading in the UU was Bendis' Peter Parker and his supporting cast. And the UU Fantastic Four, I guess.
    Besides Fury and Wolverine who (and why) would you characterize as being "out for themselves" as far as heroes are concerned?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!