Default Best spawn series

I have always wanted to read Spawn but never got the chance. I was just wondering what some people's opinions on which series is the best.

No such thing.
    BB

I haven't read it in recent years, but I love the early years. The "Spawn Origins Collection" trade paperbacks are the best place to start, if you want to discover it from the beginning.

http://www.amazon.com/Spawn-Origins-...igins+volume+1

I know there are spin-off and secondary series, like Hellspawn and such, but I never read those. I just prefered the main series.
    Last edited by Michael24; 12-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

Hellspawn and Sam and Twitch are great.

From the main series id recommend the early McFarlane stuff, David Hines run and the current era collected in the "New Beginnings" trades.

Hellspawn was great, as was Godslayer. The main series certainly has some solid storylines as well.

Have you read the main series at all? Pick up some TPBs and read issues 1--100 its pretty solid story telling but alot of it is drawn out over many issues. After the 1st 100 mileage may very in quality.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison