View Poll Results: WHICH WAS THE BEST COMIC BOOK "DC and whatnot" RELEASED ON 12/26/2012?

Voters
48. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Aquaman #15

9 18.75%
  • Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #4

0 0%
  • Justice League #15

20 41.67%
  • ASM #700 why not

6 12.50%
  • Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 (might as well)

0 0%
  • Indie!

9 18.75%
  • Digital something or other

4 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^ I completely agree. Geoff Johns doesn't do it for anyone but DC stockholders.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But from my standpoint, Geoff Johns book in the New 52 aren't worth reading, no matter how close to being on time they are.
    Yes, I and others are well-aware you feel that way. However, that wasn't my point. My point was that you stated Johns was still turning in scripts so late that the books were also late. And that is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Yes, I and others are well-aware you feel that way. However, that wasn't my point. My point was that you stated Johns was still turning in scripts so late that the books were also late. And that is simply not true.
    How many titles did he have that got pushed into the fifth week a couple of months ago?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How many titles did he have that got pushed into the fifth week a couple of months ago?
    I know Justice League got pushed back 1 week due to a production problem during editing. That was...January? Or February? But every issue came out the month it was supposed to.

All the GL books reshuffled what weeks they came out, but none of them were late as far as I recall. Again, they all came out during the months they were supposed to. (Red Lanterns did change weeks at least 3 times if I'm not mistaken.)

That leaves only Aquaman which has always come out the last week of each month as scheduled.

Went with Justice League by the slimmest of margins. Both books were excellent, I enjoy Ivan Reis far more than Jim Lee and Pelletier knocked it out of the park on Aquaman. The only deciding factor for me was that the ending of Aquaman felt a little rushed just so they could go out on a cliffhanger.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

I was surprised to actually like both JL and Aquaman. Both have been mediocre lately, and I was on the verge of dropping both. I think I might stick around for this arc. I voted for JL this week.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

BANNED

Sorry Geoff Johns, the 856th variation of Atlantis invading the the surface world may some fool some people into thinking it's the DC book of the week...but Smallville has Mallah and the Brain this week.

MALLAH AND THE BRAIN!!!

Brain in a can + his gorilla lover > yet another retelling of Atlantis vs the surface world.

Read JL, Aquaman and Spider-Man. My pick goes to JL. As has been said, it and Aquaman are the same story and I though the art on both was exceptional but I felt the writing drop a little in Aquaman. I don't think rushed is the word I was thinking of, but it did feel like things felt off in some way just to get that cliffhanger.

Read Justice League and Aquaman, and I thought the Shazam backup was more enjoyable than Throne of Atlantis, so I went with Justice League. Throne of Atlantis wasn't bad or anything, but Shazam was just great.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    I was surprised to actually like both JL and Aquaman. Both have been mediocre lately, and I was on the verge of dropping both. I think I might stick around for this arc. I voted for JL this week.
    Same here. I dropped Justice League a long while ago and am only getting it for the crossover with Aquaman, but I thought it was pretty good. There were some problems I had with the plot, but I enjoyed both issues nevertheless. I wish I could say the same for H'el on Earth. But yeah, Aquaman has kind of been going downhill recently and I was thinking of dropping it. It looks like I'll be sticking around for the rest of this arc at least, though. And if JL maintains this level of quality, I might even add it back to my pull list. I didn't read the backup, though, as I haven't read the first seven parts and don't like Shazam anyway.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.