Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Pipeline - Aug 14, 2012

Augie wraps up his review of "Y The Last Man" with a look at the best issues, the lettering and more. Plus, various thoughts on 'graphic tees,' movie release timetables and Kickstarter,

Full article here.

There's a Wolverine and Havok T? I need that. Google cannot find it for me, so if anybody knows where he got it at, it would be much appreciated. I love my Meltdown tpb. This is why I'm excited about Uncanny Avengers. Hopefully Rick has read it. I also saw the Bane T at Old Navy. I like how it showed his face and said BANE underneath it. Just incase you mistake him for a mexican wrestler.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

Great article, interesting lettering observations.

Loved Y, need to go back to re-read the whole series. I thought the first issue was amazingly done and would hook anyone in. I loved Guerra's art and was bummed anytime someone else did an issue. Although I remember wishing that some of the characters were more visibly distinguishable. Too many long haired blondes to keep track of.

Great article! Has me wanting to go back and reread this series. I collected the monthlies and haven't given it a read since it's original release. I do remember dropping the book around issue 3 because I was reading alot of series at the time and didn't take the time to really get invested. But the buzz and sellout issues kept me picking it up. When I checked back in and read a group of issues together I was officially hooked and soon this book lept to the top of my monthly read pile. Absolutely great series! I especially loved that Vaughn refused to write (or let other writers explore) mini-series or specials examining the wider "world without men" and kept his vision focused on Yorick's tale. That restraint makes this story that much stronger!

I just recently purchased the entire run (ten TPBs) for the ridiculous price of $20 and devoured them in less than a week. Thank you for the review, Augie, it provided me with the closure I so desperately needed.
    "You're NOT getting a signal watch!" -- Bob Rozakis

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mateo View Post
    I just recently purchased the entire run (ten TPBs) for the ridiculous price of $20
    Damn!

How did you manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mateo View Post
    I just recently purchased the entire run (ten TPBs) for the ridiculous price of $20 and devoured them in less than a week. Thank you for the review, Augie, it provided me with the closure I so desperately needed.
    Congrats on the smart pick-up! (eBay?) And you're welcome for the rest. I had a good time both reading the books and writing the reviews.

-Augie