View Poll Results: Two questions: Vote on 1 of the top 2 and 1 of the bottom 2

Voters
121. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. I believe a rape will take place in the pages of Superior Spider-Man.

38 31.40%
  • No. I don't believe a rape will take place in the pages of Superior Spider-Man.

56 46.28%
  • I believe rape already occurred in Amazing Spider-Man 700: Doc Ock/Peter kissed MJ.

10 8.26%
  • Ive seen TV shows, movies & comics where kisses happen due to mistaken identities & its not rape.

47 38.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1333
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    You may have proved most people consider kissing part of sex -- otherwise there'd be nothing to get upset about if one did it with others they weren't involved with.
    That might be part of the issue. It appears by the poll that some people do consider kissing to be an act of sex. I do not. It can lead to it.... but it doesnt have to nor will it always lead to it.

As to whether one can be married and kiss another, I would say that has more to do with a violation of trust and union than of sexual intercourse.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    As to whether one can be married and kiss another, I would say that has more to do with a violation of trust and union than of sexual intercourse.
    If it's not a part of sex, what's the violation?

By the way, Shaggy, I need a foot massage.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

"It's his way."
    LOL! There was a Modern Family ep where Greg Kinnear was a real estate client, and Ty Burrell is trying to figure out if he greets every woman with a kiss or if he's hitting on his wife.

This conversation about whether kissing=sex reminds me of a bit on Rules of Engagement.

"After a while, we started having sex less and watching Letterman instead."

"That's terrible. How many times a week now?"

"About five...we're talking Letterman, right?"
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

If it's not a part of sex, what's the violation?
    it can be seen as a violation of the expectations of a partner. Though it likely comes down to the society one lives in. I recall grandma wanting to kiss all the grand kids. Was she being sexual in her desire?

By the way, Shaggy, I need a foot massage.
    lol, any volunteers? I call "not it".

it can be seen as a violation of the expectations of a partner. Though it likely comes down to the society one lives in. I recall grandma wanting to kiss all the grand kids. Was she being sexual in her desire?
    If it looked like the cover of Superior Spider-Man 2, then something wasn't right...
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Was she kissing them like Spock is shown kissing MJ?
    lol, any volunteers? I call "not it".
    No, no, it's got to be you, cause apparently your wife's got a lot of trust in you.

All this said by way of reiterating I can see why people might interpret what is being shown in the way they are, and I think that reaction could have been (and perhaps was) anticipated.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    If it looked like the cover of Superior Spider-Man 2, then something wasn't right...
    My favorite post in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    My favorite post in this thread!
    Your grandmother didn't kiss you like that?

This is why it's a bad idea for grandpa to slip ecstasy in grandma's drink during the holidays...

Even if she did, I wouldn't really preserve that sunshine-y memory now, would I?

This is why it's a bad idea for grandpa to slip ecstasy in grandma's drink during the holidays...
    Who are your grandparents? Courtney Love and the Ghost of Kurt Cobain? Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Even if she did, I wouldn't really preserve that sunshine-y memory now, would I?
    That's just goofy!

Sorry, mate; I was weak and couldn't resist.

"Dad, why's grandma sitting outside naked in a bathtub?"

So THAT'S how it is in their family.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin

"Dad, why's grandma sitting outside naked in a bathtub?"
    That was the first and last time Grandma tried her Green M & M Egg Nog recipe.