Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Fly View Post
    Wacker stated, "Peter Parker fans will fade away".

Don't think that what has happened won't end up being permanent.
    Read my post...PETER PARKER WILL BE SPIDER-MAN AGAIN. DOC OCK WILL NOT BE SPIDER-MAN FOREVER.

Anyone with ANY common sense can see that.
    I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    When Superior Spider-Man reaches #700, we might get another Spider-Man, but Peter won't be Spider-Man again.
    Cause really a guy who planned to destroy the world makes such a marketable hero to last 700.
    Save DCU from DCNU!

Q.: How can you tell when Dan DiDio is lying?
    A.: When you see his lips move.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Cause really a guy who planned to destroy the world makes such a marketable hero to last 700.
    As I said, ANY comic book fan with ANY common sense knows Peter Parker will be back as Spider-Man. Marvel has already given themselves the easiest out they could possibly set up.

I just can't believe some fans actually think this will last beyond Amazing-Spider-Man Part 2, let alone be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    You might want to recheck your numbers. Spider-Man is in all of them.
    Venom, Scarlet, Ultimate, Avenging and Superior. the real Spidey isn't in any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    As I said, ANY comic book fan with ANY common sense knows Peter Parker will be back as Spider-Man. Marvel has already given themselves the easiest out they could possibly set up.

I just can't believe some fans actually think this will last beyond Amazing-Spider-Man Part 2, let alone be permanent.
    I said in my post before and elsewhere I wouldn't be surprised this thing sells so bad that it forces the change even before AS2. I'm with you on that thought.
    Save DCU from DCNU!

Q.: How can you tell when Dan DiDio is lying?
    A.: When you see his lips move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesektet View Post
    Marvel publish 5 spider books and Spider-Man isn't in any of them. Doesn't that seems a little... odd?
    It does although he's sort of still there with Superior. but maybe that's why they've changed the title.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Resident Curmudgeon

Cyclops has recently become extremely popular and the dude just murdered his mentor, Professor X. The only people crowing about this are fans of Peter Parker, not Spider-Man, Peter Parker. Peter Parker is dead. He just went out in the best possible way.

Remember those Jean Grey fans that said well this is only temporary, she will be back. The one in All-New X-Men is not the same one. She is missing the most important portions of her history. The real Jean Grey is dead and is not coming back. Time for Peter Parker fans to make peace with his death and get over it.
    Pull List
    Justice League, Action, Superman, Detective, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, GL, WW
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Superior Spider-Man, Thor, Uncanny X-Men

I read it, I loved that run and will check out Superior. Just wasn't too happy with how it ended that story. I am curious to what happens, but not happy with Doc Ock as Spider-Man for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Read my post...PETER PARKER WILL BE SPIDER-MAN AGAIN. DOC OCK WILL NOT BE SPIDER-MAN FOREVER.

Anyone with ANY common sense can see that.
    Where's the fun in that? Why do something that the majority are expecting?

Cyclops has recently become extremely popular and the dude just murdered his mentor, Professor X. The only people crowing about this are fans of Peter Parker, not Spider-Man, Peter Parker. Peter Parker is dead. He just went out in the best possible way.

Remember those Jean Grey fans that said well this is only temporary, she will be back. The one in All-New X-Men is not the same one. She is missing the most important portions of her history. The real Jean Grey is dead and is not coming back. Time for Peter Parker fans to make peace with his death and get over it.
    I guess they could bring in an alternate reality Peter Parker down the line, but that cheapens his story if they just make him some Jean grey rip off. He had a good death, lets not diminish it.

I said in my post before and elsewhere I wouldn't be surprised this thing sells so bad that it forces the change even before AS2. I'm with you on that thought.
    I think it will sell well for a few months anyway, just for the curiosity factor alone. But once that tapers off, the book will be selling as well or worse as it was prior to the change. Then the frenzy becomes returning Peter Parker, especially around the time the second film comes out.

I've seen this storyline play out over and over and over and over again. It amazes me (no pun intended) that some fans REALLY believe this storyline setup buy a mindswitch will be permanent, to the point I have ot believe those fans are being a bit facetious with their posts.

Resident Curmudgeon

I think Peter Parker as Spider-Man has proven that Doc Ock won't be Spider-Man forever. That doesn't mean the Spider-Man after Doc Ock will be Peter Parker. Peter Parker is dead.
    Pull List
    Justice League, Action, Superman, Detective, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, GL, WW
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Superior Spider-Man, Thor, Uncanny X-Men

My question is can the Jackal help or be involved with bringing back 'Peter'? I was thinking about that after reading this.

Thank you Mr. Slott and Mr. Wacker for killing off the character that I most identified with and got me into reading comics in the first place. I hate that I spent my money on an AMAZING Spider-Man subscription only to have the rug pulled out from underneath me. That sub is now set to lapse unless it is fixed. Glad I got a Batman and a Batman & Robin sub for Christmas from the mom-in-law.

Dying in the old disease-ridden body of his worst enemy, who now gets to screw his girlfriend and beat up his friends(if the previews are any indication)? How is that the best possible ending?

Peter is gone, get over it
    It's like you never read a comic book before or something