Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Aquaman #15 Discussion/Spoilers

Welcome to the new penciller Paul Pelletier.

Pelletier does an admirable job considering that he had to follow the incredible work of Ivan Reis, his style match the tone that Reis gave to the book perfectly and it's pretty beautiful to see in some places.

The story continues from Justice League #15 released this week, now Johns focused on the little details from the current war and how Arthur may be the culprit. Plus, we had some appearances from the League and we can see that they're not willing to forgive Ocean Master so easily.

Overall, a pretty good and promising start to this new artistic team, this crossover is delivering so far.

I like the crossover so far, and agree with you that Pelletier did a good job. He's no Ivan Reis, but he works well enough on the title.

My biggest issue with this is the fact that DC themselves does the most work to discredit their own continuity. We're talking No Man's Land level catastrophes here, and are we going to ever see either Superman or Batman go (in ANY of their books) "Man, that flood sucked!" ...nope.

Whatever, nitpicking aside, still a cool story. Like Mera's tweaked costume too.

I love Pelletier but Thibert is not the right inker for him.

can anyone say if this issue is compulsory to understand the storyline over in jl? i'd rather not buy these crossover issues if the jl throne of atlantis story is self-contained.

Not self contained, this issue picks up directly after what happens in JL.

ok, thanks

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgynadu View Post
    can anyone say if this issue is compulsory to understand the storyline over in jl? i'd rather not buy these crossover issues if the jl throne of atlantis story is self-contained.
    Buy this issue anyway, is both a JL and Aquaman story, you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Buy this issue anyway, is both a JL and Aquaman story, you won't regret it.
    yeah. If you're a fan of one and not the other, it really shouldn't matter as they're both in the same style of each other, and same writer (obviously). It's really like one big 40+ page issue.

BANNED

Was Johns nodding to the PAD era when Aquaman says "It was a different frame of mind"?

I'm going to mirror the question above: How easy/hard will it be to follow the story without reading the JL issues? I refuse to buy books I don't normally read for a crossover (especially books I've dropped and have no interest in). In other words, is it fairly easy to put the pieces together by just reading the Aquaman issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    I'm going to mirror the question above: How easy/hard will it be to follow the story without reading the JL issues? I refuse to buy books I don't normally read for a crossover (especially books I've dropped and have no interest in). In other words, is it fairly easy to put the pieces together by just reading the Aquaman issue?
    it might be a bit too early to say so...but you will be missing out on some key info from Justice League.

I was loving this crossover up until aquaman became unreasonable at the end of this one. Forced inner-league conflict and it's uninteresting.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    I was loving this crossover up until aquaman became unreasonable at the end of this one. Forced inner-league conflict and it's uninteresting.
    I think the unreasonable part comes in when the JL wants to arrest the lider of a nation due to war while so many others do the same and they don't interfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    it might be a bit too early to say so...but you will be missing out on some key info from Justice League.
    Hmm...so this may be my last issue of Aquaman for awhile then.

Good issue and my first Aquaman comic ever.
    Mera is full of win!