Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Justice League #15 Discussion/Spoilers

Epic, there's no better way to describe this issue.

Welcome to the new penciller Ivan Reis and he inmediately brings his A game to this book, we finally have an artist who is able to portray the kind of blockbuster story that Johns wants to tell.

Speaking of which, the story itself is really good. Atlantis is being provoked to start an attack to the surface using one of the worst methods possible, Johns exploits this premise to develope each member of the league from Cyborg relationship with his father, Batman and Aquaman partnership and Superman and Wonder Woman relationship which is starting to become pretty enjoyable.

Need to tell more positive aspects to the art: Inmense inundation, Clark and Diana holding a gigantic carrier, gorgeous.

The Shazam backup continues to be entertaining but I'm surprised to say that this time I enjoyed the main story the most. This title is better than ever people!

Dat double page spread.

Seriously... I don't think it's even a question anymore, at this point it's fact. Ivan Reis and Joe Prado are one of the best artistic teams in the business at the moment.

BANNED

Dammit, gotta wait until I get off work in another 3 1/2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post

Dat double page spread.

Seriously... I don't think it's even a question anymore, at this point it's fact. Ivan Reis and Joe Prado are one of the best artistic teams in the business at the moment.
    Its safe to say at this point that Joe Prado and Rod Reis are to Ivan Reis what Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair are to Jim Lee.

BANNED

Actually the more I think of it, the more I'm sure that the underwhelming aspects of this series was'nt Johns' fault but Lee's.

The best issues from this title were drawn by Gene Ha, Carlos D' Anda, Gary Frank, Tony Daniel and currently Ivan Reis, they were pretty entertaining and helped to build the characters and future stories. I think Jim Lee's overdecompressed and, let's be honest, inconsistent artstyle did'nt fit at all with Johns' writing which tends to be decompressed by itself.

I'm not a Jim Lee's hater, I love his work but he definitely was'nt the best choice to launch this title (Unless we're talking from a sales perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    (Unless we're talking from a sales perspective).
    Which I'm sure DC was thinking.

Anyways, I can't really agree. I think Lee's big bold super hero style was perfect for the stories we were given. The inconsistencies started to get on my nerves towards the end. That final issue he did with 8 or 9 different inkers was REALLY bad.

How much of a say did Jim Lee have as far as paneling goes?

Not sure about later issues, but the opening arc had a lot of pages with only 2-3 panels, which didn't really help the writing all that much. Here there seems to be more, and the story feels less empty because of it. Does that have to do with Lee or did Johns just change it up as a result of Reis coming on board?

BANNED

Actually the more I think of it, the more I'm sure that the underwhelming aspects of this series was'nt Johns' fault but Lee's.
    Johns isn't doing the book any favors with his, at best, lackluster story telling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    How much of a say did Jim Lee have as far as paneling goes?

Not sure about later issues, but the opening arc had a lot of pages with only 2-3 panels, which didn't really help the writing all that much. Here there seems to be more, and the story feels less empty because of it. Does that have to do with Lee or did Johns just change it up as a result of Reis coming on board?
    I'm sure that's due to Lee's style considering that Johns usually puts more story on Green Lantern and Aquaman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Johns isn't doing the book any favors with his, at best, lackluster story telling.
    Whatever helps your case my friend.

BANNED

The best issues of Justice League about the Justice League yet!

BANNED

Whatever helps your case my friend.
    What would help me was if Johns got his act together and wrote a book with actual depth and not just added more bling bling.

BANNED

Jim lee was fine for the arcs he was given but regardless.... damn ivan reis's Darksied kicks Lee's versions ass

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Haven't you been saying this every month? So you still buying it? No one is forcing you. Or are you one of those who are not buying and need to come to say the same thing month in month out?

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    Haven't you been saying this every month? So you still buying it? No one is forcing you. Or are you one of those who are not buying and need to come to say the same thing month in month out?
    I think he just keeps buying it on faith that it will get better for him.