Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Father_Jerusalem View Post
    So, I don't have the right to express my disappointment? Interesting.

"You can only post on message boards if you blindly lap up whatever is published". I didn't realize that was in the TOS when I created my account here.
    He's only saying that you're contradicting yourself. His meaning was clear.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Again, you know what I meant. You're just trying to be snide.
    If you want to put yourself up on a cross, make sure the two-by-fours are sturdy. If you want to proudly proclaim you boycott main-universe Spidey since OMD, fine. Power to you. But why are you expecting martyr-points for boycotting Ultimate Spider-Man after there's no more Ultimate Spider-Man to boycott? Consistency!

Doesn't give a frak. Father_Jerusalem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Who said anything about any of that?

You said you were done with all things Spider-Man. Clearly you're not.

And yes, yes. Blindly lapping, blah blah. If someone likes something you don't, clearly you're a rebel refusing to give in to the Man and all that. Heard it all before.
    Do I have to pay Marvel to post on these message boards? Does my posting here somehow trickle back to them as supporting Spider-Man? Or can I sit here and express my mourning for a character in a comic book for free?

Because, and correct me if I'm wrong, you only have to shell out $8 for the comic itself, not the right to speak about it.
    "You disgust me, Hank McCoy."
    - Uatu, The Watcher

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Do I have to pay Marvel to post on these message boards? Does my posting here somehow trickle back to them as supporting Spider-Man? Or can I sit here and express my mourning for a character in a comic book for free?

Because, and correct me if I'm wrong, you only have to shell out $8 for the comic itself, not the right to speak about it.
    No one is saying anything about any of that. At all.

You said you were done. "Nothing". A Spider-Man message board is something, even if it is to express your disappointment.

You wanna talk about the issue. That's fine, I sure as heck can't (and wouldn't) stop ya.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Doesn't give a frak. Father_Jerusalem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    No one is saying anything about any of that. At all.

You said you were done. "Nothing". A Spider-Man message board is something, even if it is to express your disappointment.

You wanna talk about the issue. That's fine, I sure as heck can't (and wouldn't) stop ya.
    Right right, I'll just go back to the slums so you can be happy that you chased the bad man away.
    "You disgust me, Hank McCoy."
    - Uatu, The Watcher

Comics care about the fans? Are you honestly serious about that?
    What else do they have? Those elusive new readers? What reason would a, say… 12 years old kid be attracted to an adjective like “Superior” Spider-Man? Superior to what? I should be telling my kid that Spider-Man is going to be ok, right? Do you think Stephen Wacker and Dan Slott went and made a whole new Spider-Man ongoing, featuring Otto Octavius as Spider-Man for new readers? Who, from the early 1960’s, don’t even know how much of a shock that is and wouldn’t even bother to be upset about it? Really?
    “Talk is cheap, bub. Show me!”

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    I think it might be the opposite. Doc Ock tries to be heroic at first, but learns how tough it is to be heroic if you're not truly a hero. I think he'll be his own downfall because, over time, he'll do things that Peter Parker would never do.

We kind of already see that in Daredevil and the team up with the X-Men where he clocks Wolverine. Now I know he once hit him so hard he flew out of the "unbreakable" glass of Avengers tower during the JMS run, but that was different circumstances. Peter was upset about Tony and MJ and Logan was begging for it.
    You're right, of course, about the endgame. But I think this will be the status quo for the next year to 18 months and, within it, Ock will go from begrudgingly attempting to be heroic, enjoying the accolades while they last before failing again in terrible fashion and raging against the public who, moments ago adored him, that now condemn him. So it will likely be 3 big acts before this story is told.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    You're right, of course, about the endgame. But I think this will be the status quo for the next year to 18 months and, within it, Ock will go from begrudgingly attempting to be heroic, enjoying the accolades while they last before failing again in terrible fashion and raging against the public who, moments ago adored him, that now condemn him. So it will likely be 3 big acts before this story is told.

"What oldschool said!" ParkerLuck, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerLuck View Post
    haha.....thanks, PL! I will have to add that to my sigline!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    He was banging this holographic beauty!

But this is what she really looked like!

Maybe they could bring her back somehow now Ock is the main man?
    So she's kinda like the female version of what Doc is now??? Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerLuck View Post
    Your screen name is quite ironic given outcome of ASM #700, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    That sucks because that would make a good story to have the Avengers notice there is a difference. Might even be interesting if Carly catches on rather quickly and realizes that really was Peter in Ocks body and tries to tell the world through a blog or something using different instances of times "Peter" is acting out of character. Similar to how in Ultimate Spider-Man MJ is blogging about Fury and SHIELD killed Peter. I hope Slott doesn't something interesting with Superior rather then just simply make a Spider-Man comic with Doc Ock as Spider-Man. I want to like this idea and normally I would hate it but I know Peter will probably be back in 2014 for Amazing Spider-Man 2 lol. I really like what Bendis has done with Miles in Ultimate Spider-Man even though I originally hated the idea when I heard about it. I liked Miles by the end of issue 1 lol.
    Yeah, Carly could be another one who picks up that Peter is Ock. We could have like 3 people chasing SSM around hounding him to tell the truth.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    haha.....thanks, PL! I will have to add that to my sigline!
    You did the best sum work of my meaning so far. But even you know that sum is up for some very interesting detailed stories for the next (as you put it) year and a half or so! No harm in enjoying it. I know I will! If more of us admitted we are successful adults now, thanks to Stan "the man" Lee, and are able to spend money on Spider-Man comics...

Quote Originally Posted by kbrooksgohan View Post
    Yeah it was pretty cool. I really don't think Peter is dead at all. I think he tricked Ock and is letting him take a joy ride with his body. Eventually Ock realize(which we saw in the preview) it's hard to be Spiderman. His journey will be very interesting too see. I also liked the part where he and Ock are fighting and Ock makes the web stunt bag. That was really interesting.
    That did sound like an amalgam of Parker and Octavius. I was a bit dubious that Otto could get a hang of the web spinning schtick so easily. I would think a person getting the Spider powers would have a completely different interpretation of how their body moves compared to Peter, but I might be wrong there. Spider mechanics might be pretty generic for all I know.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

With the amount of telepaths in this universe, and the X-Men and Avengers being closer than ever, AND Spider-Man still being on the Avengers, its only a matter of time until the rest of the hero community finds out.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading