Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarryAllen5K View Post
    BAH! I'm sick of your trite pep talks. Besides, he remembers every square inch of love making to MJ AND Gwen AND Aunt May anyways.
    Peter made love to Aunt May.

THAT SICK MAN....

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Dont forget Betty Brant...Black Cat...that blonde Debbie girl...all the others.....and Wolverine for all I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Peter made love to Aunt May.

THAT SICK MAN....
    Yikes! Besides Aunt May who did Ock bed? Wasn't Modok in there somewhere? He's got quite the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    You don't even have to go back to the 80's. You can just go back a week. Spidey wasn't even in Amazing 699.1; why is Morbius kicking his ass on the cover?
    True. My 11 year old even made that observation the other day. He said, he wishes covers actually showed what was happening in the comic. It was after he read Aquaman #15. I told him to shut up and go to his room for reading Aquaman.

True. My 11 year old even made that observation the other day. He said, he wishes covers actually showed what was happening in the comic. It was after he read Aquaman #15. I told him to shut up and go to his room for reading Aquaman.
    I blame it on the wife.

That is funny on so many levels...
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Yikes! Besides Aunt May who did Ock bed? Wasn't Modok in there somewhere? He's got quite the catalog.
    I see Ock-Man smack May's ass everytime she walks by now. Incest is best I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I see Ock-Man smack May's ass everytime she walks by now. Incest is best I guess.
    What happens when ol' Spider-Puss decides to cop a feel? The internet will absolutely melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    See this is what i'm worried about. I'm expecting to hate Otto even more than I do now. He killed Peter in the most insidious way I could think of. He's stolen his body and his memories. Two weeks ago he tried to destroy the Earth. He's trying to "have relations" with Mary Jane which (i'm leaving the rape stuff out because that's too serious a subject for me to discuss regarding a Spider-Man comic) is villianous and morally wrong.

In 15.1 he laughs about killing Spider-Man and regarding power and responsibility and everything that Peter tried to teach him, he shruggs it off by saying he gets it, sort of.

Are you guys approaching this as a heroes journey or a villians journey? Is the story asking the reader to feel sympathy for this new character, to root for him like millions rooted for Tony Soprano and his sociopathic goon squad?
    Good post, Ryan. I am going to guess that it is a journey of a villain slowly--and unwillingly---being shown that he cannot help but be heroic. Similar, but not identical, to what Kaine went through in the early issues of Scarlet Spider. Spock may even hate that he is becoming caring and heroic and the flashes of Pete's memories may become more frequent and more disruptive until his inevitable return. Just my guess but we can't root for a purely villainous Ock so that is just my take on what we may see.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Good post, Ryan. I am going to guess that it is a journey of a villain slowly--and unwillingly---being shown that he cannot help but be heroic. Similar, but not identical, to what Kaine went through in the early issues of Scarlet Spider. Spock may even hate that he is becoming caring and heroic and the flashes of Pete's memories may become more frequent and more disruptive until his inevitable return. Just my guess but we can't root for a purely villainous Ock so that is just my take on what we may see.
    So... if all of this proves to be too much for Ock and he decides to shoot himself in the head... would Peter's body heal in the grave bringing back a fully realized Peter Parker alah Kraven's Last Hunt??? Hmmmm

The curious one.

Trouble is all of that is not what Doc Ock is about. He's the bad guy, he's not Mega Mind. He's never wanted to be heroic, he's never thought of being heroic. He's not Lex Luthor wanting to be Superman. Nothing in his past tells me that he wants to be Spiderman. I'd find it far more convincing if he got himself a new set of arms (or added two to the old pair) and became Spiderman the villain. If he finds Peter's conscience bothering him then the Doc Ock I knew would just zap that part of his brain.
    And really the villain forced to take an heroic journey? Again?

Yes, a tale of redemption is a great theme, I'm sure all of the most interested in any literary media of us would love that! I would love to see a redemption tale of Otto Octavius, he’s a bad and complex person I’ve “known” all my life, but in this set up? He will fall. Maybe even after what measure of redemption he is being given now, but with that spider in his chest… As that, SUPERIOR WILL FALL. And that has the potential to be a great comic book story.
    “Talk is cheap, bub. Show me!”

Screw the rules I have $$ Seto Kaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    And I think what Wack Off (yea I'm getting it out of the way now) misses is that we'd love for them to prove us wrong. I want nothing more than for this next 12 or however long months of this new direction to be awesome!

The issue is that we've had so many of these types of relaunches with Spider-Man that it has gotten hard to feel excited. If a company keeps dissapointing you then what makes a person think it will succeed all of a sudden? Generally history repeats it self, and major shakes up in Spider-Man have all fallen flat.

Please prove me wrong Slott, Wack Off (yea twice in one post! Beat that), Yost, Stegman, Medina, and anyone else who throws their hat in the ring.
    The death of ultimate Peter was a shake-up and I think it's far from fallen flat. The Clone Saga only fell flat because of the sheer length and the fact they tried to milk it for all it was worth. OMD was horrible, but BND and afterward was pretty good.

I don't think anyone expects this to stick for longer than two years, but come on. It's a new direction and I think people should at least try it before condemning it to hell or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel_Fan501 View Post
    Quoted for agreement. I think Spock is going to go through a lot of crap in his first few arcs as spidey. People are going to find out what happened to Peter eventually (Carlie will figure it out. She'll find the gold octobot for sure). MJ will figure it out. People will review the tapes from avengers tower. The Trapster might become a huge villain for Spidey since he figured out what the octobot was for. I just hope somehow more and more of Peter's personality starts to at least merge with Ock's so there is more humor and less self-righteousness.
    Paste Pot Pete becomes "a huge villian for Spidey"...oh the ignobility!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    The death of ultimate Peter was a shake-up and I think it's far from fallen flat. The Clone Saga only fell flat because of the sheer length and the fact they tried to milk it for all it was worth. OMD was horrible, but BND and afterward was pretty good.

I don't think anyone expects this to stick for longer than two years, but come on. It's a new direction and I think people should at least try it before condemning it to hell or something along those lines.
    The Clone Wars fell because you couldnt keep up with the damn storyline...it was like reading a Loeb book....you thought you missed an issue when you went to the next....that and the fact that they basically said that Spidey was a clone from 141...and PP slapping the heck out of his wife didnt help matters either.

Good post, Ryan. I am going to guess that it is a journey of a villain slowly--and unwillingly---being shown that he cannot help but be heroic.
    I think it might be the opposite. Doc Ock tries to be heroic at first, but learns how tough it is to be heroic if you're not truly a hero. I think he'll be his own downfall because, over time, he'll do things that Peter Parker would never do.

We kind of already see that in Daredevil and the team up with the X-Men where he clocks Wolverine. Now I know he once hit him so hard he flew out of the "unbreakable" glass of Avengers tower during the JMS run, but that was different circumstances. Peter was upset about Tony and MJ and Logan was begging for it.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.