Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I still say it's up to you, Slott, Yost and the others to prove all of us who was skeptical wrong.
    No it was me who said this to you, but I'm glad you've come around.

This is every comic's job every single month. It didn't just begin with you being pre-upset about Spider-man.

SW

Junior Member TheSensationalSean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    So there's the next few months. Sorry I didn't add Spoiler Space.

SW
    You should just copy and paste from this post for the next few months.

I loved #700, so I'm really looking forward to SSM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by kbrooksgohan View Post
    @SW

That was awesome. I just had a dream I met you guys a few minutes ago. We had a convo about the book and I was so happy because the person I was speaking too saw that I totally GOT IT the premise of the book. Which I do actually. I think it's pretty cool to do something unpredictable. I can't wait till this all blows over in Ock's face. He deserves it.
    Thanks!

And be careful...I've read the first few issues and you just may come to like Doc more than you think after what Dan, Cammo, Humberto and the crew are doing in the first 7 issues.

SW

Veteran Member

This is every comic's job every single month. It didn't just begin with you being pre-upset about Spider-man.

SW
    Thanks, but I've been informed by people on message boards that you are lying or at the very least are really me.

(And If so, you look kinda sloppy today, fatty!)

SW

I just appreciate all the recaps on line saving me the trouble of paying $8 to see the hero not only die.. but die pathetically, utterly defeated, surrendering not only his life but his loved ones to his greatest enemy.. dyeing haplessly in the middle of the street while the entire world remains clueless.. just so we can indulge 1 or 2 years of stories like: How long will it take Otto to corrupt Spiderman's image? How long will it take Otto to cross the line and revert to evil? And: will Doc Octopus rape Mary Jane?... And if Mary Jane is innocently tricked rather than 'forced' does that count as rape? (said Congressman Todd Akin).. So that Mary Jane can get pregnant creating existential arguments like who's baby is it? All to be 'resolved' by, what? Another deal with Mephisto that betrays the integrity of Peter Parker? .. Great stuff!! .. If you like paying to watch someone shoot your dog...
    'It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack."

SW
    All that long rant for lil' me? But there's so much of that i'd never say! ;-)
    I kind of like stuff you've said in articles today, so there might be possibilities about this. And I know it's not about me, but every single reader that are negative about this, I would think that it's up to you and your team to prove us wrong, isn't it? I would personally love for you to "win", because I love Marvel after all. I'm just torn between thinking this has good possibilities or that Spider-Man as a character is so far gone that you have pull stuff like this.

Edit: oh, now I see I missed something. That it's every comics job every single month to prove us wrong. Sure, you are absolutely right! But then, there are some comics that (IMHO) is just so damn good so they never have to prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Lars C; 12-27-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks!

And be careful...I've read the first few issues and you just may come to like Doc more than you think after what Dan, Cammo, Humberto and the crew are doing in the first 7 issues.

SW
    Np! I think I will like Ock but a little part of me wants him to pay for what he did to Peter. I can't wait till people start piecing it together. I also really can't wait to see how Ock uses his new additions to the costume and what other things he invents. Oh and I can't wait to see little hints of peter come through as well. It's funny....this story reminds me of that episode of LOST where John Locke dies and is replaced by the Smoke monster. I just hope the end game is better than LOST's ending lol.

Thank you for replying.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

So Stephen

When is Peter Parker coming back?

It took Cap 2 years to come back. New Spider-Man movie in 2014. I guess that's a good time.

Good to know you guys are coming up with new ideas like killing hero's off and (Maybe- LOL) bringing them back. Very original.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 12-27-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    I just appreciate all the recaps on line saving me the trouble of paying $8 to see the hero not only die.. but die pathetically, utterly defeated, surrendering not only his life but his loved ones to his greatest enemy.. dyeing haplessly in the middle of the street while the entire world remains clueless.. just so we can indulge 1 or 2 years of stories like: How long will it take Otto to corrupt Spiderman's image? How long will it take Otto to cross the line and revert to evil? And: will Doc Octopus rape Mary Jane?... And if Mary Jane is innocently tricked rather than 'forced' does that count as rape? (said Congressman Todd Akin).. So that Mary Jane can get pregnant creating existential arguments like who's baby is it? All to be 'resolved' by, what? Another deal with Mephisto that betrays the integrity of Peter Parker? .. Great stuff!! .. If you like paying to watch someone shoot your dog...
    Wow...this was everything in one post!

Is it Christmas again already?

SW

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

What I'm certain of is that the book will launch strong...but that will be dismissed on message boards for varied reasons (too many covers, a Number one, and my favorite: "people just want to watch a train wreck" as if anyone ever paid four dollars for a comic they hated).

Then the normal attrition will kick in as it does on all books and that will be the sure sign to many here that everything about the book is failing and cries of, "Sales have never been this low!!!" will cover the air. "I'll wait for these books in DOLLAR BIN!!" will be a favorite. There will be some hack jobbed "Chart" to "prove" this "point".

Then we'll announce a big long-planned Spidey story for next summer and the same players will call it a "desperate move" by a "flailing Marvel" even though we do it every year. Get ready to take a drink every time you hear "House of NO Ideas" or some variation.

Also we'll hear from a number of people who think it's all stupid becasue it's all going to go back the way it was anyway. Marvel has no guts like they USED to back in 198-whenever, don't ya know!

I will inevitably refer to someone here as "clowns", childish" or "an over-dramatic pearl-clutcher".

Sales will level out at a decent number and then we'll hear from hundreds of people who have dropped all Marvels after 60 YEARS!...However they still seem to know every story beat and minutiae. They will claim to keep up only via message boards and stealing reads in their local comic shop. Also they will all have a "friend" that they spoke to about the current Spidey storyline and those friends all hated it, proving that Marvel is getting NO NEW READERS!

Whatever story is going on will be compared unfavorably to "the Clone Saga" ad nauseum.

Also I will hear drones of how we print no negative letters in the book regardless of the many examples that prove otherwise. Positive feedback will be dismissed as either Marvel shills or letters I wrote myself (because THAT'S a good use of my time).

Around that time, someone will come here who just so happens to be an expert in Public Relations and proceed to lecture me about how I need to behave on message boards because --despite all the evidence to the contrary --fans only like to be agreed with and have their often oppositional storytelling instincts adhered to. I will be warned that the posts here may cost me my job. MY JOB!!!

I will then be reprimanded for not adhering to some vague code of "professionalism" that some anonymous person's job demands they adhere to. An anonymous guy pretending to work at a comic store will have a story about how he has stopped ordering the book....which must be happening across the country.

Plus I will hear how many of you hate all editorially driven comics, but I should also tell Slott and Yost exactly what to write.

Oh, and we hate Heroes as well. Also "humanity" and "America". And don't forget we are insensitive to all rape victims.

And then someone will refer to me as "Wack-Off".

SW
    Quoted for the win!
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Quoted for the win!
    Yeah, that was pure gold right there!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Wow...this was everything in one post!

Is it Christmas again already?

SW

Dude I respect your opinion but Peter did not die utterly defeated. And tbh how do you know he died at all? Yesterday as I was re-reading Avenging Spiderman it came to be that what we saw was the death of DOC OCK not Peter Parker. Peter Parker's body is still there and so his what makes Peter who he is.

I gotta give Slott credit though: It takes some serious balls to end ASM with Peter Parker giving his life/dreams/memories/friends/family/etc to an attempted rapist/murderer/criminal mastermind while he dies in an old disease-ridden body.

I mean shit, never would have saw that coming. Who says comic books are predictable rehashes?

Resident Curmudgeon

I think for fans of Peter Parker Amazing Spider-Man #700 is Passion of the Christ. It is watching a beloved figure getting beaten to death.

I find myself more in the Alex DeLarge camp (from A Clockwork Orange), who dreamt of beating Jesus himself. So I find this circumstance highly entertaining.
    Last edited by randomengine; 12-27-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Pull List
    Justice League, Action, Superman, Detective, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, GL, WW
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Superior Spider-Man, Thor, Uncanny X-Men

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

What I'm certain of is that the book will launch strong...but that will be dismissed on message boards for varied reasons (too many covers, a Number one, and my favorite: "people just want to watch a train wreck" as if anyone ever paid four dollars for a comic they hated).

Then the normal attrition will kick in as it does on all books and that will be the sure sign to many here that everything about the book is failing and cries of, "Sales have never been this low!!!" will cover the air. "I'll wait for these books in DOLLAR BIN!!" will be a favorite. There will be some hack jobbed "Chart" to "prove" this "point".

Then we'll announce a big long-planned Spidey story for next summer and the same players will call it a "desperate move" by a "flailing Marvel" even though we do it every year. Get ready to take a drink every time you hear "House of NO Ideas" or some variation.

Also we'll hear from a number of people who think it's all stupid becasue it's all going to go back the way it was anyway. Marvel has no guts like they USED to back in 198-whenever, don't ya know!

I will inevitably refer to someone here as "clowns", childish" or "an over-dramatic pearl-clutcher".

Sales will level out at a decent number and then we'll hear from hundreds of people who have dropped all Marvels after 60 YEARS!...However they still seem to know every story beat and minutiae. They will claim to keep up only via message boards and stealing reads in their local comic shop. Also they will all have a "friend" that they spoke to about the current Spidey storyline and those friends all hated it, proving that Marvel is getting NO NEW READERS!

Whatever story is going on will be compared unfavorably to "the Clone Saga" ad nauseum.

Also I will hear drones of how we print no negative letters in the book regardless of the many examples that prove otherwise. Positive feedback will be dismissed as either Marvel shills or letters I wrote myself (because THAT'S a good use of my time).

Around that time, someone will come here who just so happens to be an expert in Public Relations and proceed to lecture me about how I need to behave on message boards because --despite all the evidence to the contrary --fans only like to be agreed with and have their often oppositional storytelling instincts adhered to. I will be warned that the posts here may cost me my job. MY JOB!!!

I will then be reprimanded for not adhering to some vague code of "professionalism" that some anonymous person's job demands they adhere to. An anonymous guy pretending to work at a comic store will have a story about how he has stopped ordering the book....which must be happening across the country.

Plus I will hear how many of you hate all editorially driven comics, but I should also tell Slott and Yost exactly what to write.

Oh, and we hate Heroes as well. Also "humanity" and "America". And don't forget we are insensitive to all rape victims.

And then someone will refer to me as "Wack-Off".

SW
    Best. Post. Ever.

Apart from that one a few days ago where you said "Merry Christmas, Liar" to some guy. That was amazing (sorry, but I can't be arsed to go find it to quote, but it did happen).