Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

I'll bet Kraven will play some role in Parker coming back from the dead.

No Uncle Ben will tell him it's not his time and help push him back. Hell it worked for Superman.

Dying Wish goes "Boink" Farmernudie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Come to think of it why didn't Doc Ock just build himself a new body? He could have gone to Doom or someone like that. As I recall the X-men did it for Prof X when the brood had taken over his body. I guess there is a bit of satisfaction in grabbing Spiderman's body, but really he could have tried for someone like Thor's body and been in a lot better shape.
    I agree....if he was planning a body switch he should have taken over someone more powerful...i mean Ock could have stuck himself inside Emma Frost, Thor, Hulk...and been pretty tough.

Besides the fact that Ock has a "history" with Peter....he could've chosen someone else.

He has fought Hulk before too. (even beat him-which was a good story but i didn't fully buy that victory)
    Ok....Superior Spider-Man is kinda interesting, i admit....that being said....i miss Peter Parker and that there isn't a "real" spider-man monthly being published

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Thor isn't Otto's archnemesis.

This was supposed to be Otto's greatest victory over the wall-crawler, stealing his youth, his identity, his resources and doing whatever he wants with them. It just isn't going to work out as he (master) planned.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Come to think of it why didn't Doc Ock just build himself a new body? He could have gone to Doom or someone like that. As I recall the X-men did it for Prof X when the brood had taken over his body. I guess there is a bit of satisfaction in grabbing Spiderman's body, but really he could have tried for someone like Thor's body and been in a lot better shape.
    I believe the limitation of the technology is that he has to have a map of the target's brainwaves because that'sjustthewayitworksshutup, so someone like Thor isn't an option. You'd need someone to conveniently need to repeatedly use your technology and never check what data that technology was sending out.

BUT, with that said, it does seem odd that he wouldn't just build a robot body to send his brain waves into. At least as a temporary measure in case anyone at all was competent and not every single thing went his way.
    Last edited by Xenon; 01-04-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Farmernudie View Post
    I agree....if he was planning a body switch he should have taken over someone more powerful...i mean Ock could have stuck himself inside Emma Frost, Thor, Hulk...and been pretty tough.

Besides the fact that Ock has a "history" with Peter....he could've chosen someone else.

He has fought Hulk before too. (even beat him-which was a good story but i didn't fully buy that victory)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I believe the limitation of the technology is that he has to have a map of the target's brainwaves because that'sjustthewayitworksshutup, so someone like Thor isn't an option. You'd need someone to conveniently need to repeatedly use your technology and never check what data that technology was sending out.

BUT, with that said, it does seem odd that he wouldn't just build a robot body to send his brain waves into. At least as a temporary measure in case anyone at all was competent and not every single thing went his way.
    The funny thing is, a "robot duplicate" actually was one the contingency plans Peter discovered Doc Ock was developing.Check out Amazing Spider-Man #699 and it's there. Which I agree, why wouldn't Doc Ock use THAT?
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    The funny thing is, a "robot duplicate" actually was one the contingency plans Peter discovered Doc Ock was developing.Check out Amazing Spider-Man #699 and it's there. Which I agree, why wouldn't Doc Ock use THAT?
    He might well have, if Peter hadn't given him the chance to access his brain, I'm sure.

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

I haven't read Spider-man in quite a while. From what I understand, Spider-man wasn't killed by a generic villian in a trench coat, but by one of his most dangerous enemies in Doctor Octopus. Well... that makes complete sense. Seriously. Who else would have?

Hi, I registered on this forum just to vent off my extreme frustration on how the Amazing Spider-Man run has ended. I found this forum by accident, but after reading #700, I searched around the internet and just wanted to read people's opinions on it.

I am, first and foremost, very angry that the Amazing Spider-Man series has finished. The milestone meant everything to me because it symbolizes longevity and it pays tribute to those who contributed to the books of the past. Too many comics these days relaunch with a new number. I remembered when #300 came out and I wondered if I could ever see a day where I'll have kids and I get to read #1000 with them. I have never liked Dan Slott, but now that he was given this amount of power to end an entire series really ticks me off. I feel that Dan Slott disrespects the history of Spider-Man with this kind of decision. Even the Brand New Day idea didn't end it. If the series must end, it certainly should not have ended with Spider-Man being killed by his enemy and then letting that enemy become him. There is something ill-fitting about that, and it seems like that choice was made "just to keep things interesting". I now wish retrospectively that I'd prefer the series to be ended right before Brand New Day, when Peter's identity was revealed to the world during Civil War and it would have given Civil War a big significance.

I am quitting Spider-Man and will not actively follow this series anymore. I will also not follow Marvel anymore because I am now convinced they will do anything to sell books even if it's doing short-term radical ideas that takes apart decades of hard work by some of the industry's best talents. Someday the whole Doc Ock as Spiderman idea will end. And they will probably relaunch with yet another #1. I'm tired of gimmicks. I loved this series when J. Michael Straczynaki wrote it...JMS knew what good stories were about. He never resorted to gimmicks. Dan Slott is a hack writer who only knows how to throw silly ideas around and have the audicity to call them stories. I am leaving Spider-Man, I am leaving Marvel. I am going to support IDW, Image and maybe DC. I have been a Marvel comics fans for several decades and my heart is broken.

I do not write these words easily. Thanks for listening. I do not plan on being a regular part of your forum. I just needed to vent at this moment because I am very upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmernudie View Post

I agree with your suggestion that Ock should have chosen someone else, but disagree with all of your choices. Emma Frost would have pushed his brain waves out easy. She's a pro at that. Hulk already has a crowded head-is there room for one more? I don't think the Octobot would have been able to pierce Thor's noggin. I could have seen Ock going after the likes of Captain America, Iron Man (does he still have Extremis? If so he's probably out), or Human Torch (probably couldn't pierce Richards' noggin either). Someone in a position of influence or easy access to powerful tech. I could have also seen him going after another villain, maybe Scorpion. Or even Jameson as a temporary body. But I guess it boils down to him hating Spider-Man just that much.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

It's more of the case that Spidey repeatedly used Doc Ocks gear to control the octobots, therefore giving Ock the way to access his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    It's more of the case that Spidey repeatedly used Doc Ocks gear to control the octobots, therefore giving Ock the way to access his mind.
    Good call. I kind of forgot about that. I want to give the last 20 or so issues a good read through again soon.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Dying Wish goes "Boink" Farmernudie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    I agree with your suggestion that Ock should have chosen someone else, but disagree with all of your choices. Emma Frost would have pushed his brain waves out easy. She's a pro at that. Hulk already has a crowded head-is there room for one more? I don't think the Octobot would have been able to pierce Thor's noggin. I could have seen Ock going after the likes of Captain America, Iron Man (does he still have Extremis? If so he's probably out), or Human Torch (probably couldn't pierce Richards' noggin either). Someone in a position of influence or easy access to powerful tech. I could have also seen him going after another villain, maybe Scorpion. Or even Jameson as a temporary body. But I guess it boils down to him hating Spider-Man just that much.

i agree with you.

i was merely picking emma frost because she is one of the most powerful mental types out there, and if Ock was in her, with that power he could be supreme and rule the world practically.

same with thor.

And with Hulk, it'd be interesting to see what would happen...a new persona...may emerge...better than Mr. Fixit...who knows?!

Another powerful choice would have been Doctor Strange or Ghost Rider. Fear the Ock Rider!..hahaha
    Ok....Superior Spider-Man is kinda interesting, i admit....that being said....i miss Peter Parker and that there isn't a "real" spider-man monthly being published

The curious one.

He might have chosen one of the new Hulks. I think there two red now aren't there? Once in a Hulk body he could have pounded Peter into paste.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Huh. I didn't notice that...at least he thought of it, but it seems foolish to go with the plan he did in that case. Then again, Ock is kinda a buffoon, so maybe that's ok. Of coruse, if Peter saw that was possible, it brings to mind another important question. Why didn't PETER seek out the robot. He was aware the body he was in had mere hours to live. Sure in his preparations sending himself into the robot would have been preferable. Gives him more time to work with, so he doesn't have to just immediately go fight himself with a weakened body. I mean, I get that he's in a hurry, but he already had to plan and prepare, and at least if this fails he doesn't die, and if it succeeds Doc Ock gets to live too, which eliminates the whole "I have to do this but I don't want to because it'll kill you."
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis