View Poll Results: Your favorite Flash is?

Voters
421. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Wally West

309 73.40%
  • Barry Allen

112 26.60%
Page 116 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2175

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    Why do people have to make a drama out of everything? He was sideline to allow a character that was away from more than 20 years to establish himself. The start of this topic quotes the guy in charge of DC hinting at his return next year. Simple as that.
    The same guy who has been trolling Wally fans for years.

Am I being overly dramatic? Geez...must be channeling Didio. Gotta go wash off my psche with lye.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    Why do people have to make a drama out of everything? He was sideline to allow a character that was away from more than 20 years to establish himself. The start of this topic quotes the guy in charge of DC hinting at his return next year. Simple as that.
    Well, you say that something happened (in this case, continuous use of a character), and when someone said it doesn't people are making drama? Okay, sorry to bother. I`m gonna cry in the corner, now.

By the way, regarding your previous question, I was talking about these promises:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio in 11.12.2008
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/1008...Questions.html

20) Last question – something that wasn’t mentioned as one of the pieces of 2009, but yet, fans know it’s coming – what’s the timetable for Flash: Rebirth by Geoff and Ethan Vansciver?
    DD: Flash comes back in April. The reason, and I’ll be very frank here – we’ve got so much going on with “Battle for the Cowl” that I didn’t want Flash to get lost in the shuffle, so to speak. So April will see Flash: Rebirth #1, and by that point, we’ll also be talking about the big plan for the Flash universe, and the other Flash characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio in 01.23.2009
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0109...0-Answers.html
    Wally will be featured very prominently in Titans following the conclusion of Flash: Rebirth. We’re going to be addressing all of that – there’s a lot of story left to be told with Wally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio in 02.13.09
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/020913-DiDio20.html
    Beaucse of that, we decided to go back to our roots, find what made him (Barry) the most unique Flash of the bunch – and not at the expense of the other Flashes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio in 10.12.2009
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0910...dan-didio.html

Nrama: There were a lot of questions after that announcement in Long Beach. Are you aware of the reaction some fans have had about Barry taking over the main story in Flash and Wally being in a shorter co-feature?
    DiDio: You know what? What we'll say to the whole situation is, why don't we wait until it comes out and make a judgment on that rather than presuppose what's going to happen, or pre-judge on everything that hasn't happened? I'd rather wait for the books to come out, because I have a feeling that once they start coming out, everybody's going to enjoy them, and all these questions will disappear.
    Well, I guess they didn't, he?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio in 10.19
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0910...Questions.html
    Wally, we’ve already announced the fact that he’ll have a second feature in The Flash. It shows us that he’ll be very active in the DCU still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio in 29.06.2009
    @http://www.cbgxtra.com/columnists/andrew-smith-captain-comics/art-of-the-re-launch-the-dan-didio-interview

One of the things that’s great about the series is that Geoff found a brilliant way to contemporize Barry, to make him extremely relevant to the universe, and more importantly, not at the expense of any other Flash characters. From that standpoint, I think that fans of The Flash, whatever incarnation that would be, should be excited about the Rebirth series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio also in 29.06.2009
    @http://www.cbgxtra.com/columnists/andrew-smith-captain-comics/art-of-the-re-launch-the-dan-didio-interview
    Wally West will be seen primarily in Titans, but we’re going to be exploring Wally’s character a lot more. And we’ll be telling stories with Wally in a way where people who are fans of Wally when he first appeared as The Flash will enjoy. The Mike Baron days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johns in July 27, 2009
    @ http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/show...ly%27s+fine%22
    He will continue to be a vital part of the Flash universe, and that's just what I'm hoping to do - build a Flash universe. A pillar in the DCU very much like Green Lantern, but also very different.
    In other words: Wally's not only going to be fine, he's going to kick ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johns in December 24th, 2009
    @ http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/show...lash+update%22
    You will see the stories Scott Kolins and I have been working on. You will see Wally and Bart and everyone
    [...]
    Think of it this way -- Wally will continue to do what he's always done, continue and build the Flash legacy, only in ways more insanely epic in scope and adventure than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio in 07.22.2010
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc...ff-100722.html
    DiDio said that they're simply pulling Wally "off stage" for a bit to fully establish Barry Allen with younger fans who may not be familiar with him, but when that happens, Wally will be back in a big way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johns in 07.22.2010
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/SDCC...al-100723.html
    You'll see some Wally stuff soon, and it won't be a co-feature."
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johns in 07.22.2010
    @ http://www.newsarama.com/comics/SDCC...al-100723.html
    DC is doing a second Flash book called Flash: Speed Force, with Wally West and Bart Allen. It'll also have XS and Jesse Quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johns in July 22, 2010
    @ http://speedforce.org/2010/07/sdcc2010-geoff-johns/
    GJ: You won't have to wait until 2011 to see Wally in the Flash book.
    Now, I stopped at mid-2010 because, frankly, I got bored of googling. But I`m sure I could find more.

And I`m off. Happy New Year for you guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    No, he wasn`t. He appeared in one issue of Magog, Blackest Night Flash, Blackest Night and two issues of Titans. All this was at the same time as Flash:Rebirth and the whole "fall of Green Arrow debacle". After that, no Wally anywhere. Even in group shots (like Brightest Day. where every hero was there but Wally, or JLA, where where his freaking best friends were trapped and, again, ALL heroes were there.)
    He was being used and he was going to have his own series along with other speedsters if not for the reboot.

Are you serious? Okay, give me half an hour....
    You can take all the hours you need, it's a very simple fact, something they said multiple times without ever giving a specific date. This hint by Didio is the first concret date we get.

Except that you`re not. First, because I`m talking about the time of Flash:Rebirth/Geoff Johns second Flash Flash run, and what was happening there. Second, because I`m addressing your point about "other media.

With Batman, he was presumed dead, lost in time and replaced by Dick Grayson. Huge hit. At the same time Dark Knight was in theaters. Also, huge hit.

With Iron Man we have War Machine and rescue. Oh, and Tony Stark being self-lobotomized and deconstructed as a character. At the same time as Iron Man 2.

With Cap, the whole Bucky Barnes deal. Didn´t hurt the movie either.
    False argument.
    Who's Batman? Who's Iron Man? Who's Captain America? There's one answer to those questions. After more than 20 years away, Barry is not the immediate answer to "Who's the Flash?".

The Iron Man thing is so completely disconnected from everything else that I should just ignore it. You have War Machine. So? It's War Machine, not Iron Man. "Deconstructing the character"? You mean, telling a story with the character? Yes, comics tend to do that. How does that even relate to the other two examples?

Batman RIP ended in November 2008 and Final Crisis ended in March 2009. The Dark Knight was released in July 2008. Batman was made solo Batman again in September 2011. The Dark Knight Rises was released in July 2012. Everytime there was a Batman movie, Bruce Wayne was THE Batman.

Captain America: The First Avenger, a glorified prequel to the Avengers, was released in July 2011. Captain America: Reborn finished publication in January 2010 and Rogers was a big character in the Marvel Universe since then. He was made the only Captain America in vol 6 of Captain America that was published in... want to guess? July 2011.

Enough?

Bruce Wayne. Steve Rogers. Tony Stark.
    Saying the name of the currently only Batman, only Captain America and only Iron Man is a sweet way of you proving I'm right.
    Batman Beyond is still running...

BANNED

Well, you say that something happened (in this case, continuous use of a character), and when someone said it doesn't people are making drama? Okay, sorry to bother. I`m gonna cry in the corner, now.

By the way, regarding your previous question, I was talking about these promises:

Well, I guess they didn't, he?

Now, I stopped at mid-2010 because, frankly, I got bored of googling. But I`m sure I could find more.

And I`m off. Happy New Year for you guys.
    A reboot changes plans? Why, you don't say?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    Batman Beyond is still running...
    Oh, please... And Arrow is released as a digital comic book too. Don't pretend to be less smart than you are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The same guy who has been trolling Wally fans for years.

Am I being overly dramatic? Geez...must be channeling Didio. Gotta go wash off my psche with lye.
    The drama starts when you call it trolling. Plans do actually change, you know? In this case, quite publicly.

Look, quite simply, they didn't bring back the original Barry . . . he's been changed.

So, they can't bring back the Wally so many of you had been whining about because he hasn't happened yet in Barry's life.

If they do bring in a new Wally, it won't/can't be the same Wally you use to know, and this will just cause more people to whine and complain.

And even, if by some bizarre twighlight-zone parallel world kind of thing, they did bring back the old Wally you all fawn over, and even gave him his own title or feature, who the hell is going to write it and draw it and make EVERYONE happy?

Face it people . . . the Wally you knew and love is forever gone AND AIN'T COMIN' BACK!

(The truth may hurt, but you can't go home again . . . DC foreclosed on your dream home . . . go blame the robosigners or something.)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 12-28-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

= stupid double-posting system! =
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Look, quite simply, they didn't bring back the original Barry . . . he's been changed.

So, they can't bring back the Wally so many of you had been whining about because he hasn't happened yet in Barry's life.

If they do bring in a new Wally, it won't/can't be the same Wally you use to know, and this will just cause more people to whine and complain.

And even, if by some bizarre twighlight-zone parallel world kind of thing, they did bring back the old Wally you all fawn over, and even gave him his own title or feature, who the hell is going to write it and draw it and make EVERYONE happy?

Face it people . . . the Wally you knew and love is forever gone AND AIN'T COMIN' BACK!

(The truth may hurt, but you can't go home again . . . DC foreclosed on your dream home . . . go blame the robosigners or something.)
    You know, I grew up with Wally from the cartoons. As long as he least acts like, looks like, and most important of all, is named Wally West, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    You know, I grew up with Wally from the cartoons. As long as he least acts like, looks like, and most important of all, is named Wally West, I'll be happy.
    Well that is good for one person. Others will have different requests of what they want from Wally. The way Wally was represents in Justice League wasn't really a good representation of how he was portrayed in the comics. Even his origin on the show was an amalgamation of Him and Barry.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jadenewt View Post
    Well that is good for one person. Others will have different requests of what they want from Wally. The way Wally was represents in Justice League wasn't really a good representation of how he was portrayed in the comics. Even his origin on the show was an amalgamation of Him and Barry.
    The JLU Wally seemed to have the personality of Impulse-era Bart Allen; if anything, that animated Wally was a composite of three different comics Flashes, given the name of the *then*-reigning Flash.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Okay, here`s a radical thought: You publish only the Flash book starring Barry, but you don`t sideline Wally.
    Actually, isn't the radical thought that people who wanted Wally back should have been buying his book when he was the main so it never was cancelled? I mean, it wasn't cancelled because so many people were buying the title and they couldn't afford the paper any longer, right? So if all the people that want Wally back had bought his title back then... oh, wait... nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The JLU Wally seemed to have the personality of Impulse-era Bart Allen; if anything, that animated Wally was a composite of three different comics Flashes, given the name of the *then*-reigning Flash.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That's what is so great about some of these requests. They are getting the things they want only the names don't match. If people want Wally back, then pretend Bart in Teen Titans is named Wally. High blood pressure cured!

BANNED

At the end of the day it does make sense to think the right thing to do is to bring Wally. He is popular enough to carry his own book and that's enough.
    But to pretend the reasons behind what DC did weren't valid makes little sense.