Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Indies: 80's 90's Cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Honestly, TMNT wasn't all that great back then either.

To be completely fair, most of the "best of the best" action cartoon of the '90s already had their shot at a comic or came from the comics originally. A lot of people love Gargoyles and say it's great, for example. And that had a comic from Slave Labor Graphics a number of years back. The one cartoon that people seem to agree was the best of that time was Batman. I'm pretty sure Batman already has a comic book. Multiple comics, even.

This is a case where it's better to look for hidden gems whose concept can be put to better use in comics than on children's television.
    To be honest I had forgotten Gargoyles which I vaguely remember as being halfway decent but unable to carry the story arc very far because it may have had only 1-2 seasons. I seem to remember another company doing the comic like DC or Marvel,but I'm probably wrong.A good choice as hidden gem and you are probably right about TMNT's translation to TV from comic.The stuff I most object to is Transformers/ Voltron type shows which directly led IMO to the horrors of Power Rangers and other "live action" crappolla. The fact is there is other original material out there that deserves consideration above and beyond whether it becomes an animated series or comic or not instead of dreging up material from the worst era of animation ever.Of course I did get a kick out of Biker Mice From Mars. Guilty pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    Gobots anyone?
    Go-Bots every one!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Not a cartoon, but Aimorphs should be brought back. It has HUGE potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    To be honest I had forgotten Gargoyles which I vaguely remember as being halfway decent but unable to carry the story arc very far because it may have had only 1-2 seasons. I seem to remember another company doing the comic like DC or Marvel,but I'm probably wrong.A good choice as hidden gem and you are probably right about TMNT's translation to TV from comic.The stuff I most object to is Transformers/ Voltron type shows which directly led IMO to the horrors of Power Rangers and other "live action" crappolla. The fact is there is other original material out there that deserves consideration above and beyond whether it becomes an animated series or comic or not instead of dreging up material from the worst era of animation ever.Of course I did get a kick out of Biker Mice From Mars. Guilty pleasure.
    Not sure what you meant, but I think the 80's were the best era in animation in terms of concepts.
    What about Johnny Quest(especially the 90's version), has a lot of comic potential?
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Gargoyles was pretty good. I espescially liked when they went to Avalon and then were wondering the world encountering other tribes of Gargoyles and other adventures. Very few cartoons had season-long arcs at that time, so it differentiated itself. Plus it had pretty decent animation and most of the ST:TNG cast doing the voices (Michael Dorn, Johnathan Frakes, Mirina Sirtus and others). Had to have had at least 3 seasons, maybe 4.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyco panda View Post
    This. It was a terrible show, but that doesn't mean much. No one really remembers it anyway. As long as they have vaguely similar characters it'll be fine.

Though according to wikipedia, it may not be completely dead.

Live action... not sure thats much better then nothing at all.
    A live action Captain Planet, eww..

Galaxy rangers
    bionic six
    mighty orbots
    mighty max
    dungeons & dragons
    exo-squad
    monster force
    spiral zone
    blackstar
    skysurfer strikeforce
    centurions
    thundarr the barbarian
    ROSWELL CONSPIRACIES
    INVASION AMERICA
    Last edited by Blade X; 01-11-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Inhumanoids for sure
    Mighty Orbots would be great
    Bionic Six
    Thundarr
    I would like to see those in that order. Inhumanoids would be my top pick