Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My wife picked three wonderful comics-related items off of my wishlist for this Christmas:
    Dotter of Her Father's Eyes by Bryan and Mary Talbot, a graphic novel blending the autobiography of the daughter of one of the world's foremost scholars on James Joyce's "Finnegans Wake" and a biography of Joyce's own daughter Lucia.
    Nancy Is Happy: Ernie Bushmillers "Nancy" strips complete from 1943-1945
    Showcase Presents The Losers: Holy cow! I wanted this, but I had no idea until I got it in my hands that so many of these early installments of the venerable DC war series were drawn by John Severin! Gorgeous!
    Last edited by MWGallaher; 12-27-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: corrected a misspelling
    "We're Santa's elves, and we're here to tell you about ourselves!"--Summer and Eve

Quote Originally Posted by MWGallaher View Post
    Nancy Is Happy: Ernie Bushmillers "Nancy" strips complete from 1943-1945
    Nice. I'm going to pick up that volume one of these days. I think there are 2 out now. Bushmiller's penciling should be the subject of semiotics.

I still have 3 gifts from friends to come that may contain more, but so far I have $170 in book store gift cards, part of which will surely go to comics. I also got seasons 3 and 4 of the old 50s George Reeves Superman show on DVD, a set of 4 Superman shot glasses, a Big Bang Theory t-shirt and a Marvel super hero bag that contained (in addition to 1 of the gift cards): a Superman notepad, Spider-Man pens, Batman thermos mug and Avengers stickers.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I still have 3 gifts from friends to come that may contain more, but so far I have $170 in book store gift cards,
    Note to self: Recruit better friends. And/or somehow obtain some family.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Lets see, Superman Shot Glass and Drinking glass with accompanied cape's, 1977 Superman Kryptonite Rocks unopened in original packaging (cool gift), Superman vs Doomsday DVD, Zombie pencil/pen holder, Zombie t-shirt.

My wife/kids bought me awesome gifts this year!

I bought the complete Zot! Black and White from amazon with a gift card. I also bought he original Straw Dogs DVD.

I got the last two (Vol. 5 & 6) of the DC Archive editions of Thunder Agents to finish out the reprinting of the original Tower series, and the two volume hard cover reprints of the 70's Guardians of the Galaxy series (which appears to have everything from the original story in Marvel Superheroes to the end of the Marvel Presents run) which is one of my favorite short lived series.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

My true love got for me ...

Batman Family 14 (only two more issues missing now!);
    Infinity, Inc. 19 (completing my set of the final pre-Crisis JLA/JSA crossover);
    JLA 30 (completing my set of "Crisis Times Five," Morrison's post-Crisis JLA/JSA crossover);
    Legion of Super-Heroes 313 (another Levitz/Giffen story);
    Superman 168 (Luxor!) and 385 (Luthor in battle armor);
    DC's Tarzan 234 and 235 (both with Russ Manning stories);
    Dark Horse's Tarzan 20 (completing my set of the "Tarzan and the Moon Men" story);
    Avengers Prelude: Fury's Big Week #4 (completing my set); and
    Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos Annual #4, based on the recommendation from ... Shaxper, I think? I'm sure someone will remind me.

Next, I get to actually read them!
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

I got a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos Annual #4, based on the recommendation from ... Shaxper, I think? I'm sure someone will remind me.
    A moment of silence, please.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

My true love got for me ...

Batman Family 14 (only two more issues missing now!);
    Infinity, Inc. 19 (completing my set of the final pre-Crisis JLA/JSA crossover);
    JLA 30 (completing my set of "Crisis Times Five," Morrison's post-Crisis JLA/JSA crossover);
    Legion of Super-Heroes 313 (another Levitz/Giffen story);
    Superman 168 (Luxor!) and 385 (Luthor in battle armor);
    DC's Tarzan 234 and 235 (both with Russ Manning stories);
    Dark Horse's Tarzan 20 (completing my set of the "Tarzan and the Moon Men" story);
    Avengers Prelude: Fury's Big Week #4 (completing my set); and
    No partridge in a pear tree?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

If only I'd been there to watch Dan's head explode as he read this line...

And, on an entirely unrelated topic, I strongly recommend checking out Brother Power: The Geek #3. It might take some effort to track down

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    If only I'd been there to watch Dan's head explode as he read this line...

And, on an entirely unrelated topic, I strongly recommend checking out Brother Power: The Geek #3. It might take some effort to track down
    From what I understand there are at least 7 non-circulating copies of it in Morpheus' library, but Lucius is very protective about who he gives access to. He can be a very stuffy librarian and is often heard mumbling about punks in his library....so things don't look good for Mr.Bailey...

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    A moment of silence, please.
    Sorry, Dan! My bad!
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

The scurrilous snipings of our fellow forum regulars apart, I invoked the moment of silence purely in recognition of & respect for your good fortune & taste in acquiring The Best Single Comic Issue Ever®.

No harm, no foul.

-- Reptisaurus!