View Poll Results: Did Storm choose being an X-man over being Queen?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

53 72.60%
  • No

15 20.55%
  • Maybe so

4 5.48%
  • Other. Explain!

1 1.37%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Except she was literally going galaxy hopping and dimension hopping with her husband.
    You're absolutely correct. And it's obvious that wasn't enough adventure for her. She also said she had to go x amount of miles in order for her to find someone that would even think about talking back to her. It was something to that effect.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    You're absolutely correct. And it's obvious that wasn't enough adventure for her. She also said she had to go x amount of miles in order for her to find someone that would even think about talking back to her. It was something to that effect.
    She didn't do that until they joined the Fantastic Four though, it wasn't her husbands adventures. And astonishing was really all over the place. Very hard to place at a certain time period, which is why I never like referencing it when we're trying to set the chronological order of things. Hell, I even got confused with Xenogenesis considering it comes out at the same time of present events but references something way back.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    She didn't do that until they joined the Fantastic Four though, it wasn't her husbands adventures. And astonishing was really all over the place. Very hard to place at a certain time period, which is why I never like referencing it when we're trying to set the chronological order of things. Hell, I even got confused with Xenogenesis considering it comes out at the same time of present events but references something way back.
    I get that. It's possible that it's completely pointless to try and put things in chronological order based solely off of Astonishing. But it was advertised as her big return to the X-men so I like to use it.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

I say yes. He was right again because Storm had to divide her loyalty during Avengers vs. X-men and that killed her marriage. Not only that, it made Wakanda a target that Namor eventually attacked. But I don't think Storm will ever admit that Cyclops was right. Hell, nobody ever admits that he's right in the post-AvX world. That's just too much humility for these heroes. But in this instance I'm glad he was right because Storm is and always has been an X-man. And I think when push comes to shove, she should be an X-man. I'm glad she's now part of Wolverine and the X-men and if she ever hooks up with Wolverine as was hinted at before, I hope that actually goes somewhere. Because if she was with Wolverine, she wouldn't have to divide her loyalty.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Scott was right, but it was an easy declaration to make.
    Imagine this going down in the real world and Barack Obama held a press conference to announce that being the head of the Executive Branch just wasn't doing it for him so he's going to train and work with a paramilitary group in Kenya. Just to stave off boredom.
    The news channels would just explode with outrage.

BANNED

that doesn't really compare because the people of wakanda would never have voted storm into office in the first place.

True. On the other hand, there aren't any real world, apples to apples comparison to Wakanda at all.

I get that. It's possible that it's completely pointless to try and put things in chronological order based solely off of Astonishing. But it was advertised as her big return to the X-men so I like to use it.
    Actually I think her big return was in UXM #487, but honestly, Astonishing will always conflict with things. I hardly consider it canon.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I say yes. He was right again because Storm had to divide her loyalty during Avengers vs. X-men and that killed her marriage. Not only that, it made Wakanda a target that Namor eventually attacked. But I don't think Storm will ever admit that Cyclops was right. Hell, nobody ever admits that he's right in the post-AvX world. That's just too much humility for these heroes. But in this instance I'm glad he was right because Storm is and always has been an X-man. And I think when push comes to shove, she should be an X-man. I'm glad she's now part of Wolverine and the X-men and if she ever hooks up with Wolverine as was hinted at before, I hope that actually goes somewhere. Because if she was with Wolverine, she wouldn't have to divide her loyalty.
    When I see a scan of Storm saying "I'm with the X-men, screw Wakanda" or something to that effect, Then I will concede with an argument like this. Otherwise, nothing of what you said happened in Avx. Their marriage was killed because her husband went behind her back to attack the X-men, and Wakanda wasn't brought into the conflict until T'Challa decided to put it on radar. It was Avengers vs X-men, not Wakanda vs X-men; and again, she wasn't queen, so it's still a moot point.
    Last edited by The Weather God; 12-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

Scott was completely right. Y'know, for a guy that historically hasn't been great with showing his emotions, he's certainly been able to evoke them in others.

Funny that Scott himself chose being Queen over being an X-Man.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I love you, jarrod!

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Team X for the win.
    Last edited by Deus ex Chris; 12-26-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Funny that Betsy chose to beg for cyclops over and over before finally settling for angel. There is a reason she's been a dedicated xmen since.

Is this proof that Storm didn't make a choice?

Is this proof that Storm didn't make a choice?
    Nah. Merely proof that she owes Cyclops a lot for ruining her marriage.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11