Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    Does anyone know why there haven't been anymore Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors, Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb episodes? Are the shows on an indefinite hiatus? Also, I've noticed that there has been no word on the future of The Legend of Korra nor ThunderCats.
    korra's got three more seasons confirmed

We can settle this arguement by finding a person who has never seen two cartoons we want to compare, and then having them watch and asking them which is better.
    No nostalgia involved.

Does anyone know why there haven't been anymore Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors, Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb episodes? Are the shows on an indefinite hiatus? Also, I've noticed that there has been no word on the future of The Legend of Korra nor ThunderCats.
    I don't know anything about Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb, but Adventure Time's fifth season just started about a month ago. There's been a break in-between episodes since "All the Little People", but they've always done that. "Jake the Dad" is scheduled to come out the 7th of January with "Bad Little Boy" before that, though no date is posted, so it may not air like that (according to wiki's schedule anyway). I know it was mentioned that the last webispode of Bravest Warriors was the "mid-season finale", so I guess maybe there's a break before they finish out the season?

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    Really? I knew it got extended from a minseries for another season, but I didn't know for three. Fantastic news.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    Really? I knew it got extended from a minseries for another season, but I didn't know for three. Fantastic news.
    season 2 is 14 episodes, and the final two are 13 each

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    I hope they fix season one's flaws in the future episodes.

Mid Season break, Mid Season break, Extended break but new episodes are premiering in January supposedly, Don't know.

Three more confirmed books (Book 1 and 2 being Season one and Book 3 and 4 being season 2) with Book 2 premiering sometime in 2013 (Safe bet is mid Summer), don't know about T-Cats but I think it's been canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Mid Season break, Mid Season break, Extended break but new episodes are premiering in January supposedly, Don't know.

Three more confirmed books (Book 1 and 2 being Season one and Book 3 and 4 being season 2) with Book 2 premiering sometime in 2013 (Safe bet is mid Summer), don't know about T-Cats but I think it's been canned.
    That's AWFUL news regarding ThunderCats! At this year's comic con they made it look as if ThunderCats was on an extended hiatus. It's amazing how Cartoon Network snubs and axes good shows. They did it with The Misadventures of Flap Jack, Chowder, Samurai Jack and Sym Bionic Titans and here they go again with ThunderCats. When will Sam Register and Cartoon Network stop doing that? It's almost as if they enjoy releasing a great production only to pull life support on it later.

That's AWFUL news regarding ThunderCats! At this year's comic con they made it look as if ThunderCats was on an extended hiatus. It's amazing how Cartoon Network snubs and axes good shows. They did it with The Misadventures of Flap Jack, Chowder, Samurai Jack and Sym Bionic Titans and here they go again with ThunderCats. When will Sam Register and Cartoon Network stop doing that? It's almost as if they enjoy releasing a great production only to pull life support on it later.
    most animated shows are produced to generate about 56-74 episodes, thats enough to get them into syndication later....now Im not sure what metric CN uses for their shows and determining what stays and what goes
    Support your local roller derby league

Adventure Time isn't really on a mid-season break, only five episodes of 26 have aired. It's like I said, they've done this with previous seasons, air a certain amount before taking a break in-between (sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a month like now). They'll do this similar thing once or twice more. I'm not sure why they do it exactly, but the seasons usually premiere very close to one another, so maybe they do it to be very ahead.

Well break for the Holidays then. Adventure Time pumps out episodes so quickly that rarely there's more than a month between episodes even with season finales/premieres.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    We can settle this arguement by finding a person who has never seen two cartoons we want to compare, and then having them watch and asking them which is better.
    No nostalgia involved.
    Subjective bias is hardwired into any similar discussion. You're never going to remove the bias, whether its grounded in nostalgia or fondness for current styles.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I'll take the 90s over now. This doesn't mean there isn't good stuff now...However I miss actual blocks of shows
    I hear ya'. I remember when my Saturday morning was 6 or 7 hours of cartoon delight. Wake up at 5 or 6, get my Pac Man cereal, start with the small stuff (5 - 10 minute cartoons like Hercules and Wizard of Oz shorts), then the full length goodness started...Super Friends, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Hulk, He-Man, She-Ra, Jemm, Inhumanoids, Defenders of the Earth, Voltron (lions or cars), Robotech, Transformers, Go-Bots, Raccoons, GI Joe, Thundercats, Thundar, Bravestar, Blackstar, Muppet Babies, Fat Albert, Hero High, Drac Pack, Pac-Man, Kid Video, Captain N, Captain Power, Looney Tunes, Merry Melodies, Rubik the Amazing Cube, Care Bears, Smurfs, Snorks, Bigfoot, Rambo, Dukes of Hazzard, Mr. T, Hulk Hogan, Chuck Norris, Punky Brewster, Fonz, Flinstone Kids, Capt. Caveman, Laugh-a-lympics, Bionic 6, Sectaurs, Vissionaries, Silver Hawks, MASK, Inspector Gadget, Rocky&Bullwinkle, etc. etc. (this is over a few seasons, obviously, and I think Bravestar and Robotech may have actually been on during the week: come home from school with your friends, watch those 2 then play Atari or go biking)...all with 1 to Grow on or Knowing is Half the Battle PSAs between toy commercials, then I'd top it off with a Star Trek ToS episode at 12 or 1. Ah...good times...

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    going to throw another one on the pile for new awesome animation: tron uprising.

An amazing world and a body count that's allowed due to pixilization...for kids. :)
    I'm about to watch the latest episode as I type this.
    Last edited by dupersuper; 01-01-2013 at 03:04 AM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The cartoons of the 60s and 70s kill todays garbage.
    Religion is like a fart. It's only good when all the others stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I'll take the 90s over now. This doesn't mean there isn't good stuff now, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Young Justice, Legend of Kora are all pretty amazing in their own right. However I miss actual blocks of shows, there's no Kids WB or Fox Kids anymore, the great shows now feel kind of isolated.

I guess what I'm saying is I'll hold up the great shows of today with the great shows of the 90s, but I feel they are smaller in number.
    who has that kind of time anymore?
    Support your local roller derby league