Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Default Would you Mind a Smallville Style Bruce Wayne Show

I would watch it!

Who wants to tell him that CW had a Dick Grayson in high school show in development? He was going to be "RG," though because Dick is a name that makes immature kids snicker.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Not_Troller View Post
    I would watch it!
    It wouldn't work. In fact, it was going to be the show that became "Smallville". It was stopped because of the producers of the Batman film series didn't want it interfering with their plans. "Smallville" worked because there was a basis for Clark meeting his enemies when he was younger. Not so much for Batman.

It would work fine showing a young Bruce Wayne gradually learning the skills to become a crime-fighter. The show writes itself. It won't get made because of other commercial priorities.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

we''ve gotten the origin and the pre-origin once in batman begins; i don't want to see it replicated but slower on tv

I'd rather have a Gotham Central show on HBO with Bryan Cranston as Gordon, Rodriguez as Renee Montoya (if she could act emotional for once), Denzel as Crispus Allen, etc.

Just as long as it doesn't take him 10 seasons to become Batman while he broods in every episode...

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    Just as long as it doesn't take him 10 seasons to become Batman while he broods in every episode...
    unfortunately knowing the CW I am very and utterly sure this would happen, and that at least 60-70% of the show would be brooding and angsting done by a b-list actor in an overtly melodramatic tone

I wouldn't mind it but people will compare it too much to the Batman movies and that doesn't bode well for it. Anything Batman will get picked at like Batman Brave and the Bold did.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    It would work fine showing a young Bruce Wayne gradually learning the skills to become a crime-fighter. The show writes itself. It won't get made because of other commercial priorities.
    It doesn't write itself at all...what's the conflict? What's the drama? I don't want to watch a show about Bruce Wayne poring over encyclopedias and lifting weights all the time.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

I would have loved to see the Bruce Wayne concept that was talked about years ago, before Smallville was made. The Script and outline looked great, would still like to see it made.

BANNED

What needs to be made into a TV show is GCPD and Batwoman (it's so disconnected that it probably wouldn't have legal issues). A Bruce Wayne show might be alright but I would despise Bruce Wayne and Joseph Kerr to be Prep school buddies. It would probably ruin people like Talia and Juile Madison's public perceptions if they got actresses as bad as the one that played Lana Lang.

They tried that with Bruce's daughter didn't they? One season then cancelled.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Birds of Prey was a team show, not a Smallville-like show.

If they went the Smallville route the only way I could see it working would be a show about Tim Drake in high school, maybe even a close adaptation of the Dixon Robin series. Bruce in high school woudn;t work, and with the other Robins Batman would be in the picture too much. It would need a Robin who doesn't live with Bruce Wayne and who actually goes to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    It doesn't write itself at all...what's the conflict? What's the drama? I don't want to watch a show about Bruce Wayne poring over encyclopedias and lifting weights all the time.
    Bruce Wayne, heir to a great empire, is trying his best to forget his childhood trauma by living life to the max. He's devoting himself to a life of comfort and ease, family and friends but there's still something GNAWING inside him, some raging, dark and primordial force that cries out for justice and retribution.

In a corrupt and crime-ridden city where a rich, powerful and mobbed-up elite are sucking the city dry, those at the top will firmly want him on their side and will not hesitate to destroy any who could dethrone them. Torn between competing impulses, unsure of his path in life with few allies to call on, he starts on the path that will make him a legend.

I don't see this as territory covered by Batman Begins. There Bruce is shown wandering the world for seven years and then he gets a brief period of LOS training, but that was nothing like the extended program of directed training that was implied in the comics. The show could easily revolve around him learning martial arts, forensics, weapons design, acrobatics, advanced driving, interrogation, tracking, escapology while he takes on various Bat-rogues who haven't had much of an airing in live action like Rupert Thorne, Blockbuster, Firefly, Anarky, Cornelius Stirk, the Red Hood Gang, Mad Hatter etc.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    You could do some cool stuff with it. Having him in high school wouldn't work but having him in his training stages would. Maybe do some high school stuff ala Gothic. Do some New 52 Batman #0 crimefighting. Introduce some minor Bat villains that aren't the Joker. How about going to Bane's prison and helping him? A redux of Begins Al Ghul business wouldn't be bad if they had a good version of Talia. The Bat world is full of lesser nown great villains that are under appreciated when compared to the major ones. Also incorporate more comic book elements into it. There's alot of material there, more than any other superhero and has a better concept that the "Amazon" TV show.