Default What about the Superman radio show?

The thread on the Superman tv show from the 50s mentioned that it was a direct continuation of the Superman radio show. Many (maybe all?) of the Superman radio adventures are public domain and easy to find on line. I've listened to several of the early ones, but wasn't that impressed. I've tried to find a catalog of episodes that describes the stories and reviews of episodes, but I haven't found anything on line. So how about it? Has anyone here listened to them? Are there any favorite episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rithmomachy View Post
    The thread on the Superman tv show from the 50s mentioned that it was a direct continuation of the Superman radio show. Many (maybe all?) of the Superman radio adventures are public domain and easy to find on line. I've listened to several of the early ones, but wasn't that impressed. I've tried to find a catalog of episodes that describes the stories and reviews of episodes, but I haven't found anything on line. So how about it? Has anyone here listened to them? Are there any favorite episodes?
    Batman and Robin were guests on the show often, which I think is interesting. The most famous episodes were the Superman VS the KKK series, which was a great successor to the early Champion of the Oppressed Superman and were widely praised. Radio shows are very different from what we are used to but it's easy to see how they were so popular at one time.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

The radio show had a huge impact on what we consider Superman. The Daily Planet, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Kryptonite all started out there. They are pretty easy to find online, and as a podcast on iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    The radio show had a huge impact on what we consider Superman. The Daily Planet, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Kryptonite all started out there. They are pretty easy to find online, and as a podcast on iTunes.
    Jimmy was in the comics before the radio show, and the other elements were plucked from Jerry Siegel's unpublished "K-Metal From Krypton", but for years that story was lost and not known of so the radio show got credit for creating it.

The biggest innovation of the radio show was taking the shared covers from World's Finest and creating the Superman/Batman team from it, which was huge. They had met before in All-Star Comics, but the radio show created the team and Roy Thomas even adapted their first meeting on the radio show as the origin of their team on Earth-Two.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

I love audio drama/Old Time Radio, and "The Adventures of Superman" is an enjoyable show. Bud Collyer was great in the role, both on the radio show and in the Fleischer Superman cartoons.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:
    Home of the Red Panda and Black Jack Justice

BANNED

The Atom Man arc was fantastic. a post-war Nazi spy has his body injected with Kryptonite in order to take down Superman and get him out of the way for the Fourth Reich and in order to best find Superman he takes a job in his civilian identity at the Daily Planet! the whole arc lasted for around two months, which is a lot considering it was a daily serial.

The thing that I love the most about the radio show is that it's one of the rare times that Clark was actually doing his real job: almost every arc started or was centered around Clark being a reporter and either being sent somewhere on assignment or following his own leads to a story.

I really must get these somewhere...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...