Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Superman villains who haven't appeared in the rebooted universe

Which Superman villains that haven't appeared in the rebooted universe yet would you like see appear next and should they be changed in any way from their previous incarnations?

Prankster, but I want him to be Kurt Busiek's version that appeared during his Superman run. Mongul , his son is a GL villain so I'd want him to return as a Superman villain but with the same powers as his pre-COIE version.

The Ultra-Humanite, if current Superman's career reflects his published history, kind of, then his first villain should return first as the crippled, bald scientist and then as the white gorilla.

I really want a Bizarro story.

Intergang, Doomsday, Zod, Mongul, Parasite, Toyman, Ultra Humanite.... too many to name.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Reading through the Superman material, there are a lot of villains out there that could be reworked and become awesome! I thought the Morrison/Morales Nimrod character which(the way it looks to me at least) used the Terra Man as an inspiration was the right direction to go. The Master Jailer, as a concept, is an excellent villain his motiviation needs to be reworked, and maybe his costume tweaked, but really a very creepy kind of villain. Riot should make an appearance or two, he is super annoying and another legitimate threat to those Superman cares for.

I also think that a great character that got sort of set aside was Encantadora. That issue of Action is one of my favorites and contains an excellent confrontation between Rhas Al Ghul, Talia and Superman. Superman never really got an opportunity to show Rhas what he was made of as I recall. Rhas dissed him and walked off.

Superman needs to have a confrontation with a magic based villain, other than Mxy, in my opinion.
    If the shoe fits: "a crankly old man standing just on the edge of a crowd gathered for a concert and stamping his feet yelling at the crowd to stop having fun, that they don't know what fun is."

Ultra-Humanite for certain. I wouldn't mind him being able to use multiple bodies, switching his control from one to another, it would be a good way to have all the different incarnations of him around. Also Atomic Skull who I always felt had great potential. Blackrock would be good to see, they need to use Intergang and the 100 as well. And although not a villain, I'd really like to see a new Vartox.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by George Taylor View Post
    Prankster, but I want him to be Kurt Busiek's version that appeared during his Superman run. Mongul , his son is a GL villain so I'd want him to return as a Superman villain but with the same powers as his pre-COIE version.

The Ultra-Humanite, if current Superman's career reflects his published history, kind of, then his first villain should return first as the crippled, bald scientist and then as the white gorilla.
    Prankster is supposedly appearing in Nightwing, but I'm hoping it'll be the one who just showed up in the Smallville comic.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolfan View Post
    Reading through the Superman material, there are a lot of villains out there that could be reworked and become awesome! I thought the Morrison/Morales Nimrod character which(the way it looks to me at least) used the Terra Man as an inspiration was the right direction to go. The Master Jailer, as a concept, is an excellent villain his motiviation needs to be reworked, and maybe his costume tweaked, but really a very creepy kind of villain. Riot should make an appearance or two, he is super annoying and another legitimate threat to those Superman cares for.

I also think that a great character that got sort of set aside was Encantadora. That issue of Action is one of my favorites and contains an excellent confrontation between Rhas Al Ghul, Talia and Superman. Superman never really got an opportunity to show Rhas what he was made of as I recall. Rhas dissed him and walked off.

Superman needs to have a confrontation with a magic based villain, other than Mxy, in my opinion.
    Bring back Baron Sunday!

I would love an updated Terra Man, Clint Eastwood/Judge Dredd type, rebuilt like Jack Hawksmoor into a Superman level threat and anti- alien... They could even say the original villain was from Smallville and build in some Gotham All Star Western connections..

I love the 70s Burt Reynoldls looking one, but I saw his reimagining in 52 and feel like it was a missed opportunity. I thought Nimrod was Terra Man at first.

Galactic Golem of course, I did like the Auctioneer from Busieks run too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Ultra-Humanite for certain. I wouldn't mind him being able to use multiple bodies, switching his control from one to another, it would be a good way to have all the different incarnations of him around. Also Atomic Skull who I always felt had great potential. Blackrock would be good to see, they need to use Intergang and the 100 as well. And although not a villain, I'd really like to see a new Vartox.
    Skull was introduced already. He just hasn't run up with Superman yet

Bizarro would be great. Another villain I love is The Parasite. Really under rated. You have an incredibly powerful hero like Superman and here is a villain that he can't even get near. I love the old story arcs with him. Parasite is basically hunting down Superman as Kal is desperately trying to get away and at the same time find a way to defeat him. Plus the melted face version was so creepy looking. Very cool character design. Hated the one with the big leech mouth.

BANNED

I want Bizarro to be a failed tap dancer, eaten alive by fascist lemurs and pieced back together by Lex Luther using Superman's urine and kidney to be a clone of him. He swears revenge on the world because his pet octopus caught a disease by an anarchist Platypus.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Vartox was a villain? I never had the opportunity to read any of his stories, but from what I can gather, he seemed more like a rival than a criminal.
    I would like to see Toyman. But the Toyman from the animated series, this guy was creepy as hell. The thing that always bothered me about that villain was that he seemed too "weak" to fight a full powered Superman. But now, I suppose he could appear during Superman's early days where he was significantly weaker, maybe with some kind of "Golden Age" aspect so that the confrontation with the "champion of the oppressed" Superman becomes more personnal. Like, he's the secret owner of an orphanage, and forces the children to work in hellish clandestine workshop to create his "toys", something like that, with a bit of a "hidden" commentary about how real toys are made by children working for hours in China for nothing, while still having the whole "outlandish supervillain" thing.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Purple Piledriver

We need a guy whose whole schtick is just to lose to Superman. No issue long battle. No secret agenda. Just show up for a panel or two every so often as proof Superman isn't always battling A-list baddies.

Heck even Thaddeus Kilgrave would do as long as it is made clear he is the poor-man's Sivanna and not in the latter's league.

Master Jailer - nope, not changed a thing whatsoever.

I can't wait to see Parasite introduced in the new 52. He's always been one of my favorite Supes villains. I also want to see more of Metallo. Atomic Skull was recently introduced, so I'm looking forward to seeing him face Supes. I'd also like to see Master Jailer, he would be cool to see, and Bloodsport.