Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting the same thing twice but...these are practically the same thread so:

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Maybe the Ultimate Universe should do things dropped by 616. Iron man as leader of sheild, Spidey a publically known superhero, spidey married to mj, X-men on their own island, xmen in sanfrancisco, mutants on asteroid m, punisher as an angel, hulk as a smart professor hulk, ironman replaced by his teen self, thor ascended to odins throne, the beyonder in his disco suit?
    Honestly....this. 616 refuses to change anything. Ultimate....refuses to admit they changed too much. How about we go and make this the "well....here is teh LOGICAL progression" universe?

Spidey: Married to MJ, has kid. That brings a whole new aspect to him. If you ever run out of baby stories, then time to do toddler stories. He could also be training a protege of some sorts. or if you really want single Peter, you have Good ole Ben R as a partner. Maybe a Spider Team. Spidey, Black Cat, Scarlet, and May Day. And I'd probably merge Black Cat and Shadowcat into one character.

X Men: hmm...actually...how about an underground group of mutants that just respond to disasters. X Men's problem has always been they are too high profile to justify the whole double standard between them and other heroes. I'd reimagine half the cast with different mutant power rules and personalities (de-aging them slightly from 616). X Men is the political comic that goes on with racism, sexism, homophobia parallels. They shouldn't be having giant wars with robots, aliens, etc. They should remain small scale and in the shadows. The team I would have are: Angel, Cyclops, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Colossus, Marrow with GUEST ROLES for Wolverine (usually a villain), Polaris, Longshot, Pixie etc.

Ultimate.....something: OK, we've gotten to the point where you can't ignore the ridiculous. The Avengers movie made an alien invasion work in a "realistic" way. And 616 is basically guaranteed to try and copy. So instead, lets do the reverse. Let's have a parallel universe travels comic. They don't interact with the main Ultimate line. Reimagine Valhalla into some new theme entirely and have Thor, Ghost Rider, any ridiculous character, travel through the dimensions and fight monsters to save the day. They just don;t bother with Earth because they feel it is too small scale. My idea is to make this one to be the art book. This is where you go all out and have fun with your imagination. This is where you reimagine Ghost Rider as a steam punk character. This is where Thor becomes truly alien. This is where Silver Surfer is some reminiscent of the starry night or something. This is where you get a different style of art each planet.

And Ultimate Daredevil. Yeah...odd choice right? I'm not even a fan of this genre but I feel that Daredevil's stories revolve too little on actual crime drama/comedies. This should be more like Castle or Lie to Me, not Daredevil's emo monologues. Daredevil is just a persona Matt uses when he needs to find evidence the crime bosses wont let him get to. He's Matt FIRST, Daredevil second. I feel modern day crime dramadies is an untapped market that comic writers seem to miss. Anyone who's a lawyer hardly does anything in the court room in comics.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler and Longshot.

Oh and on a side note: I would de-asshole everyone! Not everyone needs to be a complete jerk. I was sick of that even pre-Loeb. You can have a snarky comic relief on each team (spidey, Dazzler, etc) but someone learn when it is appropriate. These people in these comics bicker so damn much it is just unpleasant to read. In every comic, every universe this is a problem. I should want to cheer for heroes, not punch their teeth in.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler and Longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    I'd have it revealed that Fury was working on making the Scorpion clone stable and removing the suit. Fury managed to remove the suit and the clone (since Reilly got the blood from a two or so old month sample back from the Carnage arc) has Peter's memories from the point were he started to become sick and Gwen knows who he is. Peter wakes up in SHIELD custody and breaks out, freaked. He is mad at Fury for "capturing him" and knocks Fury out. Peter, however, falls to the Ultimates where he sees Miles. When he wakes up, he is secured. Fury explains to "Peter" what happened. May comes in to see the clone and hugs Peter like he is the real one. He is surprised to know she knows who he is. May takes "Peter" in as Peter again, like she took in Gwen. They tell MJ and Peter reunites with MJ. Peter decides he'll return to the mantle of Spider-Man when he's ready, telling Miles there is room for two Spider-Men in the world. Peter acts as a mentor to Miles for a bit and constructs a new identity as Peter Reilly, May's adoptive son.

However, in a bit, a new villain (unique to the UU) rises the dead from the grave under his control. Fury kills the zombiefied Peter and others. However, he is nearly killed by Wolverine (whose bones still had one cell that regrew over time that SHIELD overlooked). Wolverine is still a little zombiefied but his body is nearly complete again after his severe decomposition. He still is being controlled. Peter (the Scorpion clone) joins the Ultimates (complete with Miles) to find a solution. Tony comes up with the idea to use the Zodiac Key's power to kill the villain. Everyone, including Peter, guards Tony's descent into the arena with the villain. Wolverine and an army of zombiefied heroes attack. Peter, Miles and Wolverine's son fight the zombies off. Tony uses the Zodiac Key's power to kill the villain. Wolverine is the only one who lives since his mind had been regenerated and not decomposed (and this reliant on the villain's power). Wolverine returns to lead the X-Men and Peter joins the Ultimates and takes the name of Spider-Man back. Miles takes the name of Scarlet Spider and continues to operate as his own hero. There are now two Spidey titles.

And kick off the UU in a great new direction. :)
    Yeah, letting Miles operate as Scarlet Spider while Peter is back as Spider-Man is what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Yeah, letting Miles operate as Scarlet Spider while Peter is back as Spider-Man is what I would do.
    Absolutely.

I'd really enjoy that
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies