Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Akelexre View Post
    Someone on this forum brought up the idea of Miles going back in time to stop Magneto. I like that. Kill Ultimatum. Pete in his black costume, Miles as Scarlett Spider, and Jessica as Spider-woman on a team, along with Gwen Stacy whose dormant Carnage suit is now active again ("Red Spider") as The Young Spiders, perhaps with the idea of moving toward a bigger team that has Kitty, Drake and Storm on it.
    An Ultimates Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Black Costume Spidey FTW! BrotherCool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Wolverine stays dead. Sorry fanboys but if you like Wolverine then there's always 616.
    At this argument can't be used with Ultimate Pete anymore...
    My Pull List: The whole Ultimate Comics line

My LCS: http://www.hurleysheroes.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherCool View Post
    At this argument can't be used with Ultimate Pete anymore...
    I'm going to be honest. I don't see the big deal over that. Remember Cap's death? Or Batman's death? Hell lets go further and explore Superman's supposed death. You also have The Fantastic Four, Optimus Prime, and I'm sure you get my point. Anyways killing off a major character isn't anything new and it's not something to be taken seriously because at some point said major character is going to come back from the dead eventually. It happened with Captain America, it happened with Batman, it happened with Superman, hell I've been hearing Jean freaking Grey is coming back soon. When it comes to Marvel, unless you're from the Ultimate Universe, death isn't something to take seriously cause eventually the character will come back. I bank that they'll bring Peter back just in time to promote the Spider-Man movie sequel. Also Marvel isn't stupid enough to let their Spider-Man title tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Two View Post
    I think the greatest way to reshape the Ultimate Universe is completely rewrite Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum, but keeping all the events that occurred during the series. Ultimatum had the potential to be amazing and if retold by a competent writer, all the deaths could be justified and Magneto's revenge could be incredible. It had all the components of a great series, it was just executed horribly. Magneto causing a giant wave hitting New York had the potential to be one of the most interesting events. Instead of the cheap deaths, there'd be heroic sacrifices, and it wouldn't be crammed into five issues. That would mean all the new stories would still be canon, and Ultimatum wouldn't be a blemish to an otherwise great universe.
    Yeah I think Ultimatum could be saved if handled better than it was. Where were some interesting things that came out of it like Reed turning villainous, Thor and Cap traveling to the Underworld and fight an army of zombies as they're saving the soul of a fellow hero. Even Magneto's plan would have been better if the right writer had been handling the story

Peter would be alive and Miles would be his side-kick and eventually follow his own path as Scarlet Spider.
    Deadpool would be a hero and Ultimatum wouldn't happen so Wolverine, Toad and the others who died would still be around.
    Harry Osborn would return (Norman did so Harry can ;) ) and Harry uses his goblin powers for good
    SpOck/"Superior"'s number one hater

I'd change the goblin formula a bit though. I didn't like how it made Norman and Harry come off as just another version of The Hulk. Make the formula like an homage off of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde by having the formula not only advances their physical attributes but it would unleash the darker part of their personalities.

I would have it that Doc Ock(a clone did) didn't die and was working for Greg Stark to create cloned super solidiers and after the other Stark died was left to his own devices with a whole heap of samples from shield.( I have character ideas...with some nice twists)

Also introduce Kristoff as Kristoff Von Doom...Victors brother who looking into alternate timelines realises that something is very wrong and forces together Ben Sue and Johny as a new fantastic four trying to set things right so a bigger disaster then the ultimatum doesn't occur....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy Marvelite View Post
    I would have it that Doc Ock(a clone did) didn't die and was working for Greg Stark to create cloned super solidiers and after the other Stark died was left to his own devices with a whole heap of samples from shield.( I have character ideas...with some nice twists)

Also introduce Kristoff as Kristoff Von Doom...Victors brother who looking into alternate timelines realises that something is very wrong and forces together Ben Sue and Johny as a new fantastic four trying to set things right so a bigger disaster then the ultimatum doesn't occur....
    Would have been a nice way to introduce X-23.

Like the Von Doom idea.

Flash forward two years and portray the Ultimate Universe as a post "singularity theory" universe, abandon the a post Hunger Games/Worldwide Recession paradigm.

Place more stories on the SEAR, a technologically booming Mutant reservation and the Storm Foundation (Analogous to the FF). Show a universe on the verge of a societal leap into the future and have Hydra as a major enemy, not other superheroes. Have Miles Morales as a key sympathetic figure, with connections to Brooklyn, SHIELD, the Storm Foundation, and Kitty Pryde.

Maintain a strong identity, keep continuity, and don't try to be mainstream. Ultimate Comics should compete with Image. The writers and artists that Marvel has brought into the Ultimate line have been very hit and miss and this is unfair to the fans. Ultimate comics should be a place where writers can let loose and independent artists can gain attention. It should not be a dumping ground, an afterthought that sticks around because of past glories and a dwindling fanbase.

I think if one were to reshape the UU, besides the obvious changes of getting rid of the Ultimatum, smaller changes are the best way to go. For example: bring back Sebastian Shaw so he can menace the X-Men several times, instead of being killed off in a couple of issues, get rid of Ultimate Deadpool, give certain villains more interesting back stories and personalities (like say Ultimate Electro). So the major stuff stays the same, but some minor stuff is changed, everyone is happy.

1) Do a one year later style story.

2)Make Cap the leader of SHIELD. Have him recruit the member of Ultimate X-men as agents. Call the book "SHIELD".

3)Have Tony Stark basically becoming the new Reed Richards of the UMU.Have him lead a team of Sue Storm,Ben Grimm, and the Hulk.Call the book "4"

4)Have Thor become the great Mutant Messiah. His first miracle bring back to life many of the dead mutants from Ultimatum such as Nightcrawler and Angel to be his Acolytes.Called the book Supreme Power.

5)Let Miles remaining Spider-man, simply because anything else would be a step back, also he would not be a member of the Ultimates.

6)Make Fury a wild card. No one knows what his agneda is. Hell make him the leader of the Secret Empire or Hydra.

7)Drop the price to make these books more accessible. None of these titles currrently have the popular artists to justify a 3.99 price tag.
    The UMU should be completely different from the MU or whats the point.

One of the things I would change or I would like to see happen is Dr. Doom return (cause I believe he was a wasted character). My idea is the the Doctor Doom that killed the Scarlet Witch was a backup of Doom that was activated when the real Doom jumped in the portal to the Zombiverse. Unforunately this copy of Doom had a serious flaw, that of course the real Doom never picked up on and making the copy doom more unstable and willing to do things the real one would never do(which is not a whole lot I know).

So the real Doom would come back but different from his all metal form (like nightcrawler with horns) find out how badly the copy has messed everything up (destroying Latveria, the millions of people dead including the heros and causing Reed to go crazy) and its all his fault cause he didnt check his code. I think this would cause Victor to question the path in life and he decides that he was wrong and tries to becoming a better person. You could also have victor travel to the tibet to met the monks of doom not as there leader but as a man who has much to learn. I think there is a lot of story potential here, because I can see alot of characters having a problem with the guy who accidentally started the ball rolling on ultimatmum.

To be honest as well alot of interesting story ideas bouncing around on this thread good job folks

Quote Originally Posted by ebari View Post
    One of the things I would change or I would like to see happen is Dr. Doom return (cause I believe he was a wasted character). My idea is the the Doctor Doom that killed the Scarlet Witch was a backup of Doom that was activated when the real Doom jumped in the portal to the Zombiverse. Unforunately this copy of Doom had a serious flaw, that of course the real Doom never picked up on and making the copy doom more unstable and willing to do things the real one would never do(which is not a whole lot I know).

So the real Doom would come back but different from his all metal form (like nightcrawler with horns) find out how badly the copy has messed everything up (destroying Latveria, the millions of people dead including the heros and causing Reed to go crazy) and its all his fault cause he didnt check his code. I think this would cause Victor to question the path in life and he decides that he was wrong and tries to becoming a better person. You could also have victor travel to the tibet to met the monks of doom not as there leader but as a man who has much to learn. I think there is a lot of story potential here, because I can see alot of characters having a problem with the guy who accidentally started the ball rolling on ultimatmum.

To be honest as well alot of interesting story ideas bouncing around on this thread good job folks
    Given the clone concept and all maybe Doom's backup versions are artificial clones of himself.

Speaking of Fantastic Four I wouldn't mind an arc that has Reed atoning for what he did by using his inventions to do good. I can see Fury keeping him around since there is still some use to be made off of him

That would be interesting but I think Reed is meant to be this world's "Doctor Doom" that and Fury isn't on the side of Angels anymore (not that I thought he every was"

I was thinking about what his mutant power would be and keeping with the spirit of the of the good doctor I think it should be a unbreakable will, basically do to his tremendously strong will telepaths and what not cannot read his mind or manipulate him, which I think would be a perfect foil for Jean Grey and Psylocke trying to poke around in peoples head. Since Victor has a talent for magic and the ultimate universe doesn't have any sort magic users I figure Victor could take Doctor Strange's spot but I would like a more supernatural feel to the stories to keep magic mysterious.

Not just X-23...Archangel..Nocturne...and a few other nasty little ideas I had....as in the good Doctor played mix and match.

I had an interesting idea for an ultimate Adam Warlock.

As well as introducing a bunch of failed experiments....like the "Jack"...the real wade wilson.