Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Reshaping the Ultimate Universe

If you had the power to do whatever you wanted with the Ultimate line, how would you improve it, or fix it?
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

I would make the Young Ultimates. Ultimate Patriot might have gotten injected with a street super-soldier serum. Ultimate Wiccan/Asgardian might be a reincarnated version of the Scarlet Witch, same with Ultimate Speed. They already have Stature and I'm not sure about how I would have Kate Bishop. Also adding in Miles Morales just because.

BANNED

1. If I had absolute power I'd get Sam Humphries to finish his current arc within two issues, move him onto a 616 book like Power Pack, and then hire Jonathan Hickman to come back and continue with the Ultimates. Hickman would be paid a ridiculous amount of money to write it, so that there's no way he can refuse.

2. I would then tell Brian Wood to continue with Nick Spencer's Apocalypse set up once X-War is finished. So Wood's current contract would be extended. This is extremely important, because without Apocalypse, Divided We Fall doesn't make any sense. Apocalypse was the primary force behind the creation of the Nimrod Sentinels and the extermination of the mutants. It has even been hinted that Apocalypse may have even orchestrated Ultimatum.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 12-24-2012 at 10:08 AM.

I'd reboot the UU to a certain extent. More of a reality reshuffle.
    Last edited by Xistel; 12-24-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

I'd start by bringing back Wolverine. After that I don't know, maybe hire sage6paths as a writer.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I'd go back in time and offer Hickman more money to not leave Ultimates.

I'd make Bendis stop ignoring established continuity and stop rehashing existing villains for miles.

I'd give Brian Wood more money to just keep doing what he's doing because it's awesome.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'd start by bringing back Wolverine. After that I don't know, maybe hire sage6paths as a writer.
    Hell yah! Though it is kind of sad that I probably won't be a comicbook writer because I have a lot of great ideas that will probably never come to fruition. I have one idea for a story that if I co-wrote with Mark Millar it would most likely be turned into a movie or tv show. I might write a book about it though 50 years from now. lol

Gah the f**king Ultimate U. is in such a state I dont know what I would do!
    I'll leave that to the creative vissionaries like Brian Wood.

Maybe they should hire James Robinson.As some of you might know his current DC book Earth-2 is pretty much Ultimate DC.I mean that in the sense of:
    -Most of the iconic superheroes are dead(The Trinity died in the first issue).
    -The world is in a constant state of near Apocalyptic proportions(Near a Billion people died before the book even started).
    -The heroes cross in to the moral gray area(Terry Sloan killed millions of innocents for the "greater good".)
    -Most of the Metahuman population is controlled by the goverment(Red Tornado,Captain Steel,Atom and Sandman so far).

Maybe hire him since his good at this sort of stuff.Or maybe just take the idea of Earth-2 and just reboot the Ultimate Universe and just have the entire Universe be in one book.Maybe written by a group of writers like Wood,Bendis and Edmonson.

I'd ignore Ultimatum. I wouldn't kill Peter Parker but I'd still keep Miles around. Maybe Peter retired as a hero as he got older then trained Miles to take the mantle. It's like Batman Beyond but without the futuristic stuff and Peter isn't an old guy. Don't see nothing wrong with Miles as Spider-Man but I feel Peter in a mentor role would have been a good growing process for the character.

Ditch the whole Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch being lovers plot. Seriously WTF?!!!

I'd eleminate Hank being an abuser. Since thats an old and stupid joke. However not going to say his relationship with Jan is perfect either, theres gonna be strife. You could just have it that the stress in the relationship increased further now that they have been promoted as members of The Ultimates and they became a little distant. They try to work things out but eventually they ended up breaking apart.

Not going to change anything about Banner but ever since Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk I'd like for Jennifer's role as a supporting character to increase some. Perhapse in her finding a cure for Bruce or something like that.

I'd scrap the Ultimate Deadpool that you've seen in Ultimate Spider-Man and instead have Deadpool be a result of a failed SS experiment. I'd introduce him as a member of Fury's New Ultimates team. His personality would be close to his 616 counterpart. Also in background he was an old partner of Hawkeye's

The rest would be like sage6paths vision.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I'd have it revealed that Fury was working on making the Scorpion clone stable and removing the suit. Fury managed to remove the suit and the clone (since Reilly got the blood from a two or so old month sample back from the Carnage arc) has Peter's memories from the point were he started to become sick and Gwen knows who he is. Peter wakes up in SHIELD custody and breaks out, freaked. He is mad at Fury for "capturing him" and knocks Fury out. Peter, however, falls to the Ultimates where he sees Miles. When he wakes up, he is secured. Fury explains to "Peter" what happened. May comes in to see the clone and hugs Peter like he is the real one. He is surprised to know she knows who he is. May takes "Peter" in as Peter again, like she took in Gwen. They tell MJ and Peter reunites with MJ. Peter decides he'll return to the mantle of Spider-Man when he's ready, telling Miles there is room for two Spider-Men in the world. Peter acts as a mentor to Miles for a bit and constructs a new identity as Peter Reilly, May's adoptive son.

However, in a bit, a new villain (unique to the UU) rises the dead from the grave under his control. Fury kills the zombiefied Peter and others. However, he is nearly killed by Wolverine (whose bones still had one cell that regrew over time that SHIELD overlooked). Wolverine is still a little zombiefied but his body is nearly complete again after his severe decomposition. He still is being controlled. Peter (the Scorpion clone) joins the Ultimates (complete with Miles) to find a solution. Tony comes up with the idea to use the Zodiac Key's power to kill the villain. Everyone, including Peter, guards Tony's descent into the arena with the villain. Wolverine and an army of zombiefied heroes attack. Peter, Miles and Wolverine's son fight the zombies off. Tony uses the Zodiac Key's power to kill the villain. Wolverine is the only one who lives since his mind had been regenerated and not decomposed (and this reliant on the villain's power). Wolverine returns to lead the X-Men and Peter joins the Ultimates and takes the name of Spider-Man back. Miles takes the name of Scarlet Spider and continues to operate as his own hero. There are now two Spidey titles.

And kick off the UU in a great new direction. :)
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

To bring back the dead, I would bring in the Phalanx and have it revealed before Angel died he was infected and have the King Phalanx be the thing that infected him and have him return as Archangel while bringing back all the dead from Ultimatum and forward. Then have a select few come back including Wasp. But due to the phalanx interacting with the pym particles, she now has flight, super strength, and energy projection and absorption and takes up the name of Ms. Marvel.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    To bring back the dead, I would bring in the Phalanx and have it revealed before Angel died he was infected and have the King Phalanx be the thing that infected him and have him return as Archangel while bringing back all the dead from Ultimatum and forward. Then have a select few come back including Wasp. But due to the phalanx interacting with the pym particles, she now has flight, super strength, and energy projection and absorption and takes up the name of Ms. Marvel.
    I think this might work. I just thought it'd be a good chance to introduce a new villain specifically for the UU. And it wouldn't exactly hurt the dead means dead rule as I am only bringing back the heroes that would work in certain situations. Written well enough this event would be fun and would bring back the two flagship characters to bring the UU some popularity. I could do a Fan Fic of some sort if you guys would like, outlining all my ideas.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    I think this might work. I just thought it'd be a good chance to introduce a new villain specifically for the UU. And it wouldn't exactly hurt the dead means dead rule as I am only bringing back the heroes that would work in certain situations. Written well enough this event would be fun and would bring back the two flagship characters to bring the UU some popularity. I could do a Fan Fic of some sort if you guys would like, outlining all my ideas.
    Might as well. I mean you keep saying you are going to do it but you never do. You ask other people to contribute but that is really unlikely with all that is going on in there lives. If your going to do something stick with it. Trust me writing is extremely hard. It sounds easy but after a couple of pages it wears you out.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Might as well. I mean you keep saying you are going to do it but you never do. You ask other people to contribute but that is really unlikely with all that is going on in there lives. If your going to do something stick with it. Trust me writing is extremely hard. It sounds easy but after a couple of pages it wears you out.
    I know the feeling. Been working on a superhero series myself and after five issues I can already feel the stress kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Janet as Ms.Marvel would be interesting. Hated the way she died.