Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

Thread: Superman, #15

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Looking better and better with each issue. I just want to see this title just bury the bad crap set up by issues #1-12 once and for all and the writer just does his stuff. Jeans and tee works because somehow the attitude/voice/actions with it works. Hmm, interesting, wonder what Lex did to get them to contain him that way?

  2. #32

    Default

    Darn it! I already swore off buying anything H'El on Earth related because of how bad the story was, and how mischaracterized Superman has been in Lobdell's run; but this awesome characterization for Lex is tempting me to check it out. Must fight the temptation. Also, I think Superman's t-shirt costume is better than his armor look. I feel like that they should just make his sleeves a little longer, give him red boots with a red belt to go with it, and remove some of the patches off his jeans, and it could become his permanent costume.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Abril View Post
    Darn it! I already swore off buying anything H'El on Earth related because of how bad the story was, and how mischaracterized Superman has been in Lobdell's run; but this awesome characterization for Lex is tempting me to check it out. Must fight the temptation. Also, I think Superman's t-shirt costume is better than his armor look. I feel like that they should just make his sleeves a little longer, give him red boots with a red belt to go with it, and remove some of the patches off his jeans, and it could become his permanent costume.
    Wow You have terrible fashion Design.

  4. #34
    New Member PaulGCornish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Wow, it's great to see people on the internet being generally positive about Lobdell's Superman run! Judging by Twitter and Tumblr I thought everybody hated it except me!

    I'm also really looking forward to this issue. He never got chance to really cut loose in Action Comics, so it'll be great to see him at his villainous peak here.

  5. #35
    New Member PaulGCornish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGCornish View Post
    I'm also really looking forward to this issue. He never got chance to really cut loose in Action Comics, so it'll be great to see him at his villainous peak here.
    By "He" I mean Lex of course. Ha, my first post here and I screwed it up!

  6. #36

    Default

    Well it's just an opinion, and I really can't stand the idea of Superman wearing armor with a high collar. It makes him look too intimidating and militaristic. Something that I think Superman shouldn't look like.

  7. #37

    Default

    Then again giving Lex a scar just makes him seem more generic.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Abril View Post
    Then again giving Lex a scar just makes him seem more generic.
    Because "a bald man" is such an original design?

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Because "a bald man" is such an original design?
    Fair enough.

  10. #40
    Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    JEEEEAAAN
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Lex with a messed up face? Sounds x-treem.

  11. #41
    Senior Member Cypher-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Not just X-treem,edgy and grimdark.

    Personally, I liked Lex with a shiny bald headed perfect noggin. That was part of his charm, he just looked like an ordinary bald white guy.

  12. #42
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,547

    Default

    Man, now we're too the point that injuries get labeled as being grimdark? Its not like he's suddenly the Joker. Noticeable marks but nothing in the realm of gross disfigurement.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-26-2012 at 09:14 AM.

  13. #43
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Man, now we're too the point that injuries get labeled as being grimdark? Its not like he's suddenly the Joker. Noticeable marks but nothing in the realm of gross disfigurement.
    Yeah...Superman fans for you.

  14. #44
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah...Superman fans for you.
    It's why were the best fans in the world when it comes to a comic book character.

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Haha if that's the criteria, I think WW fans surpass us.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •