Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It's a seasonal thing for me. I barely watch tv at all during the summer besides the occasional baseball game. In fall, I watch a bit more, but most of that is football, which is on Saturday and Sundays, or the few shows I watch regularly like The League and Sons of Anarchy. I do watch a lot more tv during the winter and early Spring as I'm a huge college basketballl fan, and you'll find a game on almost every night, culminating in March Madness, where I basically do nothing but watch tv (and drink) for a four day span, then taper my tv watching as the rounds progress until the Championship game. Then I barely watch tv until football starts up again.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

My TV pretty much solely exists for my X-Box and the occasional NFL game. Nearly every show I do watch I watch over the internet on my computer. In fact I can only think of one instance in the last year where I've actually watched a TV show on TV and that was a Walking Dead episode and then only because I was on a business trip at a hotel room with nothing better to do.

Haven't watched TV for more than two favorite shows at a time (currently Dr. Who and Young Justice and the last has gotten iffy.) Would watch more, but usually forget and thus miss the time slots when something that looks interesting will be on....and I can't afford to rent a dvr.

Was amazed when I watched some old Hogan Heroes episodes on YT and saw that the original length of those was over 25 minutes. All of 4.5 minutes were left of a half-hour time slot for commercials. No wonder when I try to watch an old show on today's TV channels I feel something is missing....because it is...usually the best 'throw away' scenes that made the episode special to begin with.

So, yeah, I watch internet videos like I used to watch TV. (Save for the Dr. Who Christmas special, I went about five months without ever switching to television stations.) If the internet starts sporting lots of commercials....well then I guess I'll regress back to paperbacks and board games to escape worse banality.
    Last edited by Kyer; 01-06-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

I watch about an hour a day. I went 6 years without cable and didn't care about all the extra channels.
    Life is what you make it.

I had not been watching TV(other than sport and wrestling) in a while and when I tried to watch it not too long ago, I realised all the shows especially on the main Networks were either cop procedurals or woman series(sometime both) and they were not aimed at me anymore. I guess most guys of my age exited tv a long time ago like me and executives turned around realised this and decided to forget about my demo. All his fair in love and war. My thinking is i'll return on the internet message boarding.

p.s. The best stuff on tv like Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, etc... I usualy get it from DVD purchase.

(btw As a genre fan i'm intrigued by what NBC will come up with next year though)
    Last edited by Frank; 01-08-2013 at 01:39 AM.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

My TV is used solely for the football (soccer) or other sporting events if I'm honest.

Everything else is streamed, box sets, films etc

Can't remember the last time I watched scheduled television programming that wasn't a Celtic game actually.

Possibly the Christmas before last at my girlfriends parents house...........

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I watch about an hour a day. I went 6 years without cable and didn't care about all the extra channels.
    I've found that my TV viewing has increased since getting rid of cable about 9-10 years ago.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I watch TV, but watch almost nothing "live" so I can fast-forward through the commercials (the exception being The Walking Dead). I still make a point of watching the commercials during the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    My TV is used solely for the football (soccer) or other sporting events if I'm honest.
    Pretty much this for me too.

Football, Rugby, some basket and a bit of Handball. Well, we also have this channel called Arte (a french/german channel) who often has some quality programs.

So yeah, sports and Arte.

i removed my tv about a year ago and never missed it yet. everytime i watch something at other places i am happy i did it :) dvds an internet do the job!

I tend to record TV programs I want to see and watch them later, either fastforwarding through commercials or just as background sound.

Of course, when in the living room with my mom (who suffers from MS and requires me to care for her), I tend to either use programs on the internet for background noise, or TV shows that my mom and I both enjoy as the same. Until she falls asleep, then I have to search for a show to act as background noise or keep using internet programs.

Hell, I'll watch Full House if it's late enough and nothing's on.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

The fact that you can now watch episodes of your favorite shows on internet makes one wonder why even need TV? Sure there are ads on internet but with the right software program you don't have to put up with them.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The fact that you can now watch episodes of your favorite shows on internet makes one wonder why even need TV? Sure there are ads on internet but with the right software program you don't have to put up with them.
    The answer to why i even need TV for TV shows is because Netflix has season 1-3 of shows 4-6 seasons long. If i want good cable shows from US/UK i have to get the fast DVD realese or watch it Swedish cable where i can watch the shows 1 week after their US/UK air date.

I would like to watch Justified,Boardwalk Empire,Dexter on Netflix but they have only season 1 and no HBO shows.

When there is more complete,more options to watch shows and better than current Netflix is the day i dont need TV anymore for TV shows.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I need my TV because the couch in front of my TV is more comfortable than the chair in front of my computer.

Of course with the right hardware and/or software is is now also entirely possible to watch shows on the internet ON your TV. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina_Fried View Post
    I need my TV because the couch in front of my TV is more comfortable than the chair in front of my computer.
    I have a laptop which I watch on my couch. I come home Saturday morning from work, put groceries away, change into a ratty pair of old shorts, and watch TV TV and DVR TV and online TV and eat chicken and read comics and pet kitty cats and watch naughty adult computer and listen to music and waste time surfing the internet and repeat until sometime in the afternoon/evening doze off on said couch and all is right with the world.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...