View Poll Results: Who is the current Venom?

Voters
44. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Dr. Marcus

15 34.09%
  • Prowler

7 15.91%
  • Eddie Brock

5 11.36%
  • Hydra Operative

2 4.55%
  • Other

15 34.09%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who is the current Venom?

Since the upcoming arc of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is titled Venom Wars, I figured let's make a poll and see who our top picks for Venom is.

If you are not up to date on the Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #18, then SPOILERS will follow.

1. Dr. Marcus
    The scientist who previous worked for Roxxon Corp. until his contract was bought out by Norman Osborn. He is indirectly responsible for Miles becoming Spider-Man for not properly storing test subject #42. He's currently working for Roxxon Industries when Betty Brant contacts him in regards to the dead but still intact test subject #42 that hitched a ride with Aaron Davis aka Prowler. He also knows the truth about how Spider-Man(Peter Parker) was created and he has a motive for killing Betty. Plus Venom's line "Trying to profit off of things that don't belong to you. You shouldn't do that" seems to fit with their previous conversation. He could end up being the new Norman Osborn but as Venom instead of Green Goblin.

2. Prowler (Uncle Aaron)
    I know he is dead according to Maria Hill. However, we never really found out what was in that box that he stole from Oscorp. He has also killed someone in cold blood so that also fits with the character.

3. Eddie Brock
    He was captured and taken to Latveria by the Beetle in his last appearance. He doesn't have any specific connection to Miles but maybe he will come back to take down Spider-Man.

4. Hydra Operative
    Hydra is causing quite a problem in the Ultimate Universe. They have been stealing and hacking SHIELD technology. So there is a big chance that Hydra has hacked SHIELD's database and found out Miles' identity.

5. Other
    Some people have suggested that Jefferson could be Venom. So any of other ideas you may have please choose other and explain.
    Last edited by SpiderX; 12-23-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Dr. Marcus is the most likely candidate but it could really be anybody at this point. I like his ties to Miles and Peter Parker. If its him I hope we get a good explanation for how he has a black suit, and I hope it's not that he created it after reading up on Peter and Eddie's fathers' work. I'm hoping it's the suit SHIELD has in custody.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I still don't understand why he has to be venom... Why not Toxin or Shriek? Why does Miles need a Venom when Ultimate Venom is pretty well established as Eddie Brock, who now seems to be completely forgotten?

Just feels like Bendis is forgetting Eddie and is just going "See, Miles is a real Spider-Man! He even has his own Venom! Venoms for everyone!"
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    I still don't understand why he has to be venom... Why not Toxin or Shriek? Why does Miles need a Venom when Ultimate Venom is pretty well established as Eddie Brock, who now seems to be completely forgotten?

Just feels like Bendis is forgetting Eddie and is just going "See, Miles is a real Spider-Man! He even has his own Venom! Venoms for everyone!"
    I completely agree...I'm kinda put off by that fact that we're likely getting a new Venom.

It just seems so contrived. It's as if because we have a new Spider-man, we need a new Venom. And then later we'll get a new Green Goblin, a new Doc Ock, etc etc.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

I say either the "girlfriend" thats going to appear, Cletus Kassidy, or Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    I completely agree...I'm kinda put off by that fact that we're likely getting a new Venom.

It just seems so contrived. It's as if because we have a new Spider-man, we need a new Venom. And then later we'll get a new Green Goblin, a new Doc Ock, etc etc.
    Well Ock is dead not sure about GG. They could introduce Carolyn Trainer the female Doc Ock

I still think there's going to be two Venoms. It's called Venom Wars which someone else pointed out before it is plural. And at the end of Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #18 it says " Venoms bite . . . back!" I think it will be Prowler and Eddie, or Dr. Marcus and Eddie.

It's possible before he was killed Doom replicated the Venom symbiote so we have a few extra hosts Eddie could be dead for all we know.

Smart money's on Ganke.

Could be a new Venom, Marcus or Prowler or anyone else, and the original Brock venom returns to fight the new one for some reason? That would explain the plural. Or this new Venom creates more symbiotes, hence war against Venoms.

I think it could be Dr. Marcus or Mile's dad. Part of me thinks it could be Flash Thompson
    SpOck/"Superior"'s number one hater

The title of the arc (Venom Wara) made me think we will get multiple hosts - through out the story - as it is a war over the Venom symbiote. I'm hoping in the end Brock Jr. gets it back. Let the other could-be-hosts get spawns and create Ultimate Toxin and/or a whole new symbiote unique to the Ultimate Universe.
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.

The Doctor would make sense, but it's likely we've never seen the character before.

That Victoria Hand-looking girl that was looking longingly at Miles in school in a previous issue...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post

There have been other hosts for Venom in the 616 universe over the years so I don't see the difference here.

My bet is on the Dr, the connection just makes sense to me.