Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

When I was 12-13 I thought Wolverine was the coolest there is. Since then I have preferred Cyclops, so 20 years as a Cyke fan now! :-)

Cyclops is waaaaaay cooler then Wolverine...!

I say yes, but that's just my opinion. Cyclops has saved the entire mutant race. He was right about the Phoenix Force all along. He led the whole X-men in Second Coming against Bastion. He got to sleep with both Jean Grey and Emma Frost. What's Wolverine done? He started a school that he named after the woman Cyclops loved. He complained endlessly about Cyclops's tactics while really not giving many alternatives until AFTER it was too late. He blames Cyclops endlessly for what happened in AvX while conveniently forgetting that he nearly killed Hope Summers and he fought alongside the Avengers, who turned out to be wrong. Also, Cyclops broke out of prison and basically gave the finger to both the X-men and the Avengers when they had labeled him a criminal while conveniently ignoring the LONG list of people Wolverine has killed. So for the moment, I say Cyclops has Wolverine beat by a mile. But again, that's just my opinion.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

I liked Logan best just before the Schism. When he and Scott had this adorable bromance going on.

Wolverine lost his "cool factor" a long time ago, for me.
    Maybe it was the whole "I'm the oldest person on the planet" or maybe it was the continous "Here's another 15 years of my past" or possibly his ginger obsession, or maybe its this newfound "I lurrrrvvvv the Childrenzzz!" but...its tired and gross, and I'm over it.

Somebody call up Magneto, sap his adimantium and get the man into a retirement home.

Cyclops is THE SEX.
    Optic BEAM ME UP, Scottie! Right across the face.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I've never found Wolverine cool after the Schism. Sometimes he was a caring papa sometimes he's a self-righteous ass, but whatever the role he tried to play, it's nothing about the coolness.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Cyclops has always been cooler.

Wolverine has always been a douchebag, and now he is a traitor and a hypocrite.
    So if anything, the gap has become bigger because of Wolverine falling deeper^^

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    I liked Logan best just before the Schism. When he and Scott had this adorable bromance going on.

Wolverine lost his "cool factor" a long time ago, for me.
    Maybe it was the whole "I'm the oldest person on the planet" or maybe it was the continous "Here's another 15 years of my past" or possibly his ginger obsession, or maybe its this newfound "I lurrrrvvvv the Childrenzzz!" but...its tired and gross, and I'm over it.

Somebody call up Magneto, sap his adimantium and get the man into a retirement home.

Cyclops is THE SEX.
    Optic BEAM ME UP, Scottie! Right across the face.
    Yeah, pretty much how I feel. Except for the optic blast to the face. I don't think I'd enjoy that.

I loved Wolverine for 20+ years, he was the reason why I collected X-Men back in the 80's and 90's. Hell I even paid way too much for a Hulk #181. But he was my favorite character for so long. His recent character development, especially after Schism, is just sad.

On the other hand, Scott's recent characterization has him as my current favorite (and paying way too much for a X-Men #1). He and Logan have flip flopped in character development, IMO.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

I don't know cool, and I haven't tried since I was around 12. I do know what interests me, and right now Cyclops is much more interesting to me than Wolverine is. There was a time when I hated Cyclops (I've always had something against the boyscout types, didn't read a Superman comic until Alan Moore's Supreme changed my mind and I booed Hulk Hogan as a child), but I bought the AvX: Consequences and I'm buying ANXM only to follow Cyclops' story and find out what the heck's going on and where he's going. Well, that and the art. The idea of buying a comic for Cyclops would have been unthinkable to me 5 years ago, but the X-writers have done something very right

Wolverine on the other hand has slowly had everything that ever made him interesting stripped away. The Jean obsession (the attraction was fine, but it's gone a step too far), the kids (not the ones he killed, I agree that wasn't his fault, I mean Daken and X-23 being more interesting versions while also aging him in my mind), the school (also tying into the Jean obsession), the hatred of Cyclops, the unraveling of the mystery of his origins, joining the Avengers, seemingly willing to kill at the drop of a hat and no longer struggling with it, etc. Just my opinion, but I preferred the mysterious unstable loner who struggled with his demons but could always be counted on by his friends over the bitter team-leader/headmaster with a more confusing backstory than Cable (most of it bloody and nigh-villainous) pining over another man's dead ex and vying for the title of Marvel U's biggest hypocrite.
    A Fool for the Foom

I agree that current Logan sucks. I respect that Marvel is willing to move its characters forward, but Wolverine's evolution feels false, driven by commercial, rather than character, considerations. Back in the day, the way that Wolverine was written as a tormented savage made him popular; now I think the way they write Wolverine is because he's popular - but the clumsy attempts to add in-universe story rationales to Marvel's make-him-the-infallible-family-friendly-face-of-every-franchise strategy undermines everything that made him beloved in the first place. And somehow they also made him a big whiny hypocrite in the process.

I always liked Cyclops, but I have been loving him pretty much since Morrison took over - writers have done a good job of keeping him interesting and challenging his character in ways that felt natural. (But Bendis is already dangerously close to making him far too whiny for my tastes...)

Cyclops has never been "cool". That's sort of the point of the character.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Wolverine hasn't been 'cool' since the 1990s. Marvel drove a blade through his neck throwing him in every book. Then Hugh Jackman hammered the blade clean through and heading the Jean Grey School drained the blood.
    But Cyke will never be cool.

For me they are both at their coolest when they're together, Wolverine's endearing savagery is at it's best when played against Cyke's icy cool professionalism, and vice versa.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NGK2008 View Post
    I agree that current Logan sucks. I respect that Marvel is willing to move its characters forward, but Wolverine's evolution feels false, driven by commercial, rather than character, considerations. Back in the day, the way that Wolverine was written as a tormented savage made him popular; now I think the way they write Wolverine is because he's popular - but the clumsy attempts to add in-universe story rationales to Marvel's make-him-the-infallible-family-friendly-face-of-every-franchise strategy undermines everything that made him beloved in the first place. And somehow they also made him a big whiny hypocrite in the process.
    You hit the nail on the head. Wolverine is the victim of his immense popularity. How's that for irony?
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by talkinghead View Post
    Then Hugh Jackman hammered the blade clean through and heading the Jean Grey School drained the blood.
    Finally somebody who agrees that Jackman was a huge miscast.

One of my favorite X-Men issues was during Lobdell's brief return to the X-Men. Cyclops had just come back from the dead (who hasn't died in the X-Men?), and he and Wolverine were running through the sewers of Genosha. Like a buddy cop book, how I wish they were today (well, their relationship anyway as I far prefer the Cyclops of today).
    A Fool for the Foom