View Poll Results: What Marvel Animated Movies Would You Like To See?

Voters
6. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Secret Wars I & II

2 33.33%
  • The Infinity Gauntlet

2 33.33%
  • Onslaught Saga

2 33.33%
  • Age of Apocalypse

3 50.00%
  • Annihilation

1 16.67%
  • Civil War

1 16.67%
  • Contest of Champions II

2 33.33%
  • World War Hulk

1 16.67%
  • Secret Invasion

0 0%
  • Siege

1 16.67%
  • Shadowland

1 16.67%
  • Chaos War

0 0%
  • Fear Itself

0 0%
  • Avengers vs. X-Men

0 0%
  • Other

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default What Marvel Animated Movies Would You Like To See?

Its well known that DC puts out much better written and consistant feature length animated movies based off their major/less known characters and storylines and having seen almost every DC Original animated movie released from 2007 till 2012, i have to say that ive become more of a DC fan than a Marvel one even though i grew up on Marvel Comics not DC Comics.

But lets just say if Marvel wanted to follow DC in the animation department and seriously compete with DC and decided to take their major/less known characters and storylines convert them into 2 hour long feature length animated movies, then what ones would you like to see?

Mine would be the following:

Secret Wars I & II
    The Infinity Gauntlet
    Age of Apocalypse
    Onslaught Saga
    Annihilation
    War of Kings
    Civil War
    Siege
    Shadowland
    Chaos War
    Fear Itself
    Avengers vs. X-Men

I think if the following were very well written and well animated especially based on the artwork on what crossovers they were actually based on then i think Marvel can finally give us some awesome animated movies for everyone to enjoy.
    THE SUB-MARINER 4EVER!!!
    DEATH TO NAMOR!!!

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Batman's DTVs are relatively popular and successful over at DC Animated, so why not have Daredevil DTVs to adapt some of his best-known arcs? Like The Man Without Fear as a take on Daredevil's origins and beginnings, or Born Again as arguably the most iconic of Daredevil's story arcs even to this day. Then there's Guardian Devil from Kevin Smith if you're looking for something more recent, and while Shadowland would be good to adapt from your list, it'd also require a lot of buildup, because Matt didn't just join the Hand out of nowhere. That only happened after two long creative runs by two distinct writers (Brian Bendis and Ed Brubaker) who insisted on pushing him to the absolute brink of a breakdown and Shadowland was the depiction of said breakdown, aided by demonic possession or not. You'd have to adapt the more critical arcs from those runs to show the journey of Matt Murdock from tireless yet worn-down crusader for justice in both identities to ruthless extremist willing to do anything to stop crime no matter the cost to his sanity or morality. It could be the animated equivalent of The Dark Knight Saga by Chris Nolan, since both share the themes of symbolism, inspiration, and the question of what one good man can really do in the face of widespread corruption and social decay. An opportunity Marvel would be remiss not to take.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Well, if now that Marvel is under Disney the release of Marvel Animated films goes beyond the crappy motion comics they have done (Iron Man: Exteremis for example) then I am all for any number of Marvel animated projects. But I found the Extremis video to be pretty hard to watch. I watched it primarily because I wanted to see the story that was part of the new Iron Man 3 Storyline.

Disney should be able to produce much better animated fare than that.

I also liked the recent Avengers series, at least the episodes that I have seen. That was fun stuff.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Annihilation, War of Kings, Age of Apocalpyse and Age of X would all be really cool to see.

Contest of champions would be good. They can rush through expostion and get to ass kicking. Perfect for a series of films. AoA could make a decent trilogy of dvd flick. I'd like to see the likes Civil war, Secret Invasion, and World war hulk to be developed into movie properties at some point.