Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Jackman reveals "The Wolverine" details

In an interview with Parade Magazine, Hugh Jackman reveals a few brief plot details about the upcoming film, which opens next July.

Full article here.

Looking forward to this one, even though I didn't enjoy the Origin film much. Mangold has done good work (3:10 was terrific and Cash movie was masterful) and it is based off my fave Wolvie story. Jackman is a freak of nature. What a talented, hard working and generally good dude.

Interesting that this is a Last Stand sequel. I wonder if that was the plan from the beginning, or if it came late in the project. I'm willing to wager that cameo is Jean Grey.
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

Cameo? Stan Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Cameo? Stan Lee?
    its Jubilee
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

and the fact that "The Wolverine" image released in September is indeed all him.
    I knew Hugh Jackman had claws!
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

I believe it has already been confirmed that Jean Grey will make a cameo. But I can see no good coming from a movie that ties into X3. That movie was just so terrible that it taints every movie linked to it. But I like Wolverine's history in Japan and I think the Claremont run from the 80s is great material to draw on. I still hope that in the end Days of Futures Past does a Star Trek style reboot of the whole X-men franchise because the past few movies have just been awful compared to other Marvel properties. X3 completely screwed up the entire movie franchise and while I love Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine, I think he needs a fresh template to work with.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I believe it has already been confirmed that Jean Grey will make a cameo. But I can see no good coming from a movie that ties into X3. That movie was just so terrible that it taints every movie linked to it. But I like Wolverine's history in Japan and I think the Claremont run from the 80s is great material to draw on. I still hope that in the end Days of Futures Past does a Star Trek style reboot of the whole X-men franchise because the past few movies have just been awful compared to other Marvel properties. X3 completely screwed up the entire movie franchise and while I love Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine, I think he needs a fresh template to work with.
    Hugh Jackman is probably the only reason they haven't rebooted the X franchise (like they did with Spider-Man and like they'll probably do with FF). It's hard to do a reboot when you're using the same people since it's potentially confusing, and I think they still wanna milk Jackman as Wolverien for a bit longer.

I'll bet once Hugh is done playing the character, they'll recast Wolverine and reboot the whole thing.

Marvel Master I think you can relax. Millar came out a bit back and said that the Wolverine is going to serve as a soft reboot. I think the only way they are connecting it to X3 is that it happens after it. After all they state there are no X-men and no school and no Xavier all of which very much existed at the end of X3. I figure we will see some rebooting in the Wolverine and Days will then serve to further reboot it. By the end of it I bet we will have most of what happened in X3 erased.
    Just say no to lame Ultimate replacement characters.

Heck it could be that the Jean cameo happens at the end and she resets things to shortly after X2. I picture Logan crying over Mariko and white pheonix Jean appearing to fix what dark pheonix set in motion.
    Just say no to lame Ultimate replacement characters.

But I can see no good coming from a movie that ties into X3.
    I doubt X-3 is going to have a huge impact on the plot. I'd be willing to bet that the Jean Grey cameo is going to be little more than a flashback to a more pleasant time in Logan's life. It sounds like the sequel aspect wasn't even added until relatively late in the game anyway so I don't think it'll matter one way or another.

I'm totally looking forward to this, probably more so than the next X-Men flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    I doubt X-3 is going to have a huge impact on the plot. I'd be willing to bet that the Jean Grey cameo is going to be little more than a flashback to a more pleasant time in Logan's life. It sounds like the sequel aspect wasn't even added until relatively late in the game anyway so I don't think it'll matter one way or another.

My guess about the Jean Grey cameo is....*spoiler cause this is what it'll def be*.....

there was a Larry Hama Wolverine comic where Logan was stabbed through the chest with some mystical samurai sword by a Yakuza guy, he apparently died and was buried, whereupon he met JG in the 'afterlife', before fighting his way back to life and digging himself out of his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Looking forward to this one, even though I didn't enjoy the Origin film much. Mangold has done good work (3:10 was terrific and Cash movie was masterful) and it is based off my fave Wolvie story. Jackman is a freak of nature. What a talented, hard working and generally good dude.
    Agree with most of what you say here - love Jackman's Wolverine; he seems straight out of Claremont's writing. Origins was fun but could have been so much better. This film hopefully will correct all the mistakes.

I'm still holding out for Wolverine 3: The Crunch Conundrum.

Wolverine. Mystique. Jubilee. Spyral. Bars in New York and outposts at the end of time. Lightning-veined horrors wrapped in electrical tape and buckles. Cheap paintings of bullfights on motel walls.

Good times.