Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

well, i loved batman from the films and tv shows before i started reading monthlies...but wagner's batman and the monster men was what pulled me deeper into comics.

For me, Wally West was awesome the second I got done reading The Return of Barry Allen, and I was sold on Kon, Bart, Cassie and Tim when I was done reading the Young Justice: Sins of Youth TPB.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

I couldnt tell you what issue it was that cemented Superman as my favorite character. Hell, he just might have already had that distinction before I was old enough to read.

But I will say, the first issue of Morrison's Action run made me fall in love with Superman all over again. After more than a decade of terrible "S" stories (with a few exceptions, but only a few) Morrison's return of the swagger reminded me why I always thought Superman was the coolest damn thing under the yellow sun.

If Im allowed to branch out slightly, I do recall that the moment I saw Kyle Rayner listening to Nine Inch Nails and drawing some hot chick in his sketch book, somewhere around issue 52-54 I think, I was hooked, and Kyle has remained one of my top three or five favorite characters ever since.

Batman

Superman

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

My favorite character is Wildfire from the Legion of Super Heroes. The scene that made him my favorite was in Superboy/Legion of Super Heroes 251 where he was trying to stop the creature Omega who had already taken out almost the entire Legion. He lets out all of his energy at once destroying the Legion HQ in the process.

My top DC heroes are GL (Hal), Aquaman, and WW.

While I was familar with them thanks to reruns of Super Friends and lunchboxes, underoos, etc., my first comic exposure to Arthur and Hal was the 1991 (early '92?) Justice League Spectacular. Neither of them had particularly remarkable showings, but I loved the art they seemed so much more mature their Super Friends versions.

For Diana, it was Wonder Woman #63, with it's gorgeous Bolland cover.

Legion of Super-Heroes #197.
    Picked it up in quarter box years ago and have been a fan of Timber Wolf ever since.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51pml-knUBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	106210

My favorite character (s) are Wonder Woman and Batman and Superman.

It was not the comics, but the televison shows with Lynda Carter and Adam West and George Reeves that
    made me care and love those characters and the comcs just helped cement that many times over.

Like when I first was able to buy my own comics, I was a big Marvel fan because of the 60's cartoons
    and would buy them first, and then add a Batman or Superman title because of my fond memory of
    there tv show growing up.

Then a few years later Lynda Carter hit the small screen and my love for Wonder Woman was
    established and since that time Diana and Clark and Bruce have been my favorite comic characters
    to the point after reading well over 20,000 comics the past 40 years, my collection beyound a few
    years is mostly Batman/ Detective and Superman/Action and Wonder Woman and Justice League (of America).
    Last edited by This; 12-25-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I don't even remember what first drew me to Superman. I feel like he's so engrained in my subconscious now.
    Y'know? I've just always been fond of him. Even though most of the Superman comics I remember reading are lousy.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

I'm not sure if she's my favourite character, but she's up there:

Batwoman, in Detective Comics #854.

You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

Well, I have to say that the early Geoff Johns stuff really made me relate to Hal Jordan. Green Lantern: Secret Origin has to be my favorite origin story for any character. But I think what made me really love Hal Jordan as a character was during the JLA arc Crisis of Conscience, which tied into Identity Crisis. There's this scene where he talks to Zatanna and consoles her about the recent events with all these super villains regaining their memories. It was that scene that kind of made me really like Hal. He came off as more than just a GL, but as a Leaguer who helps out his friends any way he can.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 01-05-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Since I was a kid my favourite character has been Superman. Whether it was Super Friends, Fleischer cartoons, Super Powers action figures, the Reeve movies or the occasional bronze age comics of my early childhood that first got me hooked I can't recall.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

My mom said I started yelling "matman" all the time after I watched the animated series with my dad when I was one so I think my love of Batman started there. As for Nightwing, I'm pretty sure that watching him on the "new" animated series made me think he was cool. The comics came later.

BANNED

Morrison's JLA made me dig Superman after not caring for him for a while.